By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM reviews LBP2, Lost in Shadow, GT5 *shocks included!*

Probably

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Around the Network

6.5 for GT5. Lol.

I haven't really played any of the other games so I don't know whether or not scores are deserved.

Quote from Neogaf:

"The reason GT5 got a 6.5 according to the reviewer was because he felt like nothing changed. He said that it was stuck in the 90's (?) and that the menus were bad. He said it couldn't stack up to the likes of Forza and Need For Speed. He also complained about lack of damage. Oh and he said that some of the cars looked bad which distracted him during races. It was a shitty review.

The LBP2 guy said that it was good and all bu the single player was too short. So yeah... meh."

Oh and this image pretty much sums up today's way of reviewing

You aint found shit!

Never fear people!  Ignore these nasty scores by haters.  This is the same magazine that bashed Herzog Zwei in the day.  All you need to know is that Goes to 11 gave Gran Turismo 5 and 10 out of 10!  Woo hoo!

http://goes-to-11.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-gran-turismo-5.html

Review: Gran Turismo 5
Genre: Racing Sim
System: Playstation 3 (system exclusive)
Reviewer: Richard Hutnik

Summary: Extensive driving simulator exclusive to the Playstation 3. Includes extensive number of cars and other features.

Pros:
* Largest collection of cars of any game on a home console (1000).
* Massive in scale, covering a wide range of race types and vehicles, from rally car, to Nascar, to go carts.
* Track generator provides a wide number of new tracks to be saved and can be reused.
* Premium models are very detailed.
* Sizeable online community to race against, and interact with, either on the racetrack or via the online market.
* Excellent music.

Final Score:
10/10

richardhutnik said:

Never fear people!  Ignore these nasty scores by haters.  This is the same magazine that bashed Herzog Zwei in the day.  All you need to know is that Goes to 11 gave Gran Turismo 5 and 10 out of 10!  Woo hoo!

Gaming is not about scores, you can agree or disagree with a reviewer, but that not a good reason to find a high score in the dark corners of the Internet.

Around the Network

EGM damn near went out of business a few years ago. How are they still relevant?

alfredofroylan said:
richardhutnik said:

Gaming is not about scores, you can agree or disagree with a reviewer, but that not a good reason to find a high score in the dark corners of the Internet.

Hello folks...  Note the reviewer and note my user name.  That review just appeared a short time ago.  If you look on the origins of the site, you will see what is meant by it.  And don't bash that dark corner of the Internet.  That is MY corner.  You know, there is a time people used to READ review to determine what to buy, rather than some scoreboard of meta-ratings they use to boast on forums like this, or get upset.

Anyhow, I will give you THIS prediction about LittleBigPlanet 2 and a Goes-to-11 review of it.  Expect at LEAST a 10/10.  11/10 may be a possibility, depending on how much the individual running the review blog spends time in it, find content created, and doesn't have Sony pull cool stuff like they did with Sackboy Tetris awhile back.  I say all this based on the knowledge that the owner of the site is a MONSTER fan of LittleBigPlanet, and personally wants Sony to come out with a Sackboy keychain.

BMaker11 said:

EGM damn near went out of business a few years ago. How are they still relevant?

I believe it is Ed Harris, who used to be the senior editor, bought the publication when they went out of business and relaunched it as a magazine that would be seen as more professional or upscale.  That is why it returned.  Gone is all the more youthful stuff and WAY outdated rumors by the likes of Quarterman, and in are reviews and interveiws and other things.  I only picked up the first issue, which covered Street Fighter 4 (or Super Street Fighter 4).

Ok, 2 things:

1) Those tripping over the GT5 review ... REALLY???!!!  The game has sold like 5 million in about 6 weeks and most likely you bought it already and are enjoying it.  So really, why do you care about this late review score???

2) Those tripping over the LBP2 score .... again, REALLY???!!!  It's a sad world we live in when 8.5 is considered a bad score.  Some 8.5's that I've played are among my favorite games ever.  What is the problem with that score????!!!

Just forget the score.

It could be worse, I rather have an average 6.5 than an ugly 8.8.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?