By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The ultimate fall of Rare

AussieGecko said:

Um troll...

Seriously get over it. They are doing soooooooo much more now then they did just developing games. If anything Rare has risen.

seriously this guy just called someone a troll

Around the Network

there is a lot of troll calling in this thread

snakenobi said:

you expected kinect sports to be better than Wii sports,the original concept always remain the best most of the time

although Rare has fallen.

but you really shouldn't feel bad as most of Rare's old employees have left Rare.

The worst part is that many Rare employees went on to make Free Radical, only to fall again after making the abomination known as Haze.

They really should've stuck with Timesplitters. I can only hope Crytek lets them finish number 4.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

The Rare that we all knew and loved has gone but some of the people have not!! Seems the best talent left Rare with the dollars and stayed with Nintendo at some level. Does no one read the ending credits on the new Donkey Kong Country Returns? Few names there that wil lring a bell well with the people in the know it does. Seems the big N kept some of that talent under a new name ;) READ THE CREDITS!! Hang on the game will be too hard for todays players

Well to be fair, it is hardly the Rare it used to be people wise.  Personally, it has been awhile since they made anything I liked so I would tend to agree, but I don't think it started with them going to MS.  Just seems to be coincidence that it happened near that time rather than MS having anything to do with it.

But all it takes is one spectacular game to put them right back where they used to.  Maybe they can do that.  Hope they try a new IP soon and show us something spectacular.  But maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

The once great studio, who developped Donkey Kong Country, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Banjo&Kazooie and who had fallen to the point of being sold by Nintendo to Microsoft, went on to developp good/average games.

But now it's even lower,  they did Kinect Sport who was poorly received (it's way inferior to Wii Sport Resort) as one of the worst Kinect related product and now are doing "Avatar" for Kinect, which is absolutely non related to gaming and lame in its concept.

With almost all of the former employees having left the boat (is there one people in rare now who was in the 64 era? I doubt it) and the current things the studio is working on, we can already say that the studio is dead as a good developper as it has been the case for a long time.

They were the kings of it all, from the day they were born- they were the kings of the 64. Sure we'll always take a drop and we'll never leave a sup- Your empty glass is but a tear filled eye.

They were the kings of the sixty - four

Such is life- developers die away, talent leaves, and poor games follow

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Why is the topic starter called a troll when many people appear to share his sentiments? 

disolitude said:

Rare is still an existing stuido and it employs many people who make games that are played around the world.

And when some of you grow up you will understand what faliure is...

we aren't talking whether they are still a studio or not OR whether they still have the some of the older employs

we are comparing to the legendary games they used to make

now they just make games that are just for support of the systems but not the big hitters of that system

Name me 10 studios from the SNES days who were great back then are are still great or greater nowadays.

Tease.