By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: Kinect/Move FPS "hard to imagine"

kitler53 said:

world of warcraft on kinect -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw

submitted as evidence that just because you can't get an interface to work doesn't mean the interface if fun which is what I think this guy is trying to say.  some games are just a perfect fit for kinect and would be really poor on a traditional controller and vice versa. 

I would have thought an fps could be done on move but so far (RE5) i'm finding it too clunky.  maybe that just RE5 but if other games don't pull it off better i'm going to just stick with dual analog.

Eh I disagree, if WOW was made with Kinect in made it would have been a lot easier, in that I think it would be very possible to do an RPG or a MMORPG if we are using WOW as an example. Fable III would have been perfect for Kinect, even make Lionhead do something on XBLA for it. I think its very possible

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

fps is more possible with move, but wit kinect its kinda impossible

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Check this out

One Handed Kinect FPS Hack - Better Than Mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j9UhxtmWmA

Everyone seems to agree that with Move you still have the controller to do FPS, but could you imagine trying to run around in Gears waving your hand around hoping the sensor recognized that you meant to shoot?  I have the Kinect and one thing it is not about(as of now) are finger movements.  I've read of the coming updates to Kinect and such and look forward to anything that makes any of the game systems that i have play better.  But, i think that it would be hard to really enjoy a FPS on Kinect without "adding" some type of controller, which defeats the whole purpose of course.

Does that mean EA has even less imagination than Gameloft? As in, the makers of motherfucking Modern Combat?

Around the Network
Galaki said:

EA would have done it on the Wii if they thought possible years ago?

It was actually pretty damn sweet.  I miss the league we had going: stupid The Conduit!

@d21lewis no offense to you, but your idea sounds like an on rail shooter. nothing wrong with that though

I was gonna come here and say MAG, R3 and KZ3, oh and Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5 say HELLO! But it seems it's already been done.

I will say this though. I think MS will insist that any multiplat FPS NOT have Move functionality on PS3, unless it has Kinect functionality on 360. So I won't be expecting MoH, Bad Copmany or CoD to have Move support this gen, even though having a Move option for any/all of these games would seem like a logical thing to do.

By all accounts the norm seems to be with FPS that once you go Move you don't ever want to go back to DS3. So if R3 and KZ3 implement Move well I think those games will go a long way towards significantly increasing the Move userbase in the "hard core" segment.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

I will say this though. I think MS will insist that any multiplat FPS NOT have Move functionality on PS3, unless it has Kinect functionality on 360. So I won't be expecting MoH, Bad Copmany or CoD to have Move support this gen, even though having a Move option for any/all of these games would seem like a logical thing to do.

I'm skeptical that Microsoft will be able to push this term onto the heavy-hitters: they need Call of Duty just as much as CoD needs the 360, and the risk of making a AAA game a PS3 exclusive because they insist on a term like this does not strike me as worthwhile.

noname2200 said:
binary solo said:

I'm skeptical that Microsoft will be able to push this term onto the heavy-hitters: they need Call of Duty just as much as CoD needs the 360, and the risk of making a AAA game a PS3 exclusive because they insist on a term like this does not strike me as worthwhile.

Maybe, maybe not. When a game sells 25% more on 360 than PS3, and that represents >100 million of dollars in revenue the developer is gonna bend over and take it from MS. Maybe MS will insist on some counter element permanently exclusive to 360, if PS3 gets an exclusive control scheme (well not exclusive given there's Wii, but MS has nothing to worry about when it comes to 3rd party FPS games on Wii, so as far as MS is concerned Move controls on PS3 is the equivalent to PS3 getting an exsclusive element in a game).

Then again Sony could insist on Move controls for future FPS games if R3 and KZ3 pull it off with great finesse, and companies like Acti and EA can't really ignore the sales PS3 is generating for their frontline FPS games either. MoH on PS3 could end up outselling 360 version world wide.

I guess the main point is that MS aren't going to let multiplat titles have Move support without getting something for 360 in return, be it Kinect controls (or Kinect mini game?) or something else not related to Kinect.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix