By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people trying to downplay Kinect's success?

Why are people trying to downplay Kinect's success?

I am butthurt 62 30.10%

Great job, Microsoft 141 68.45%

Total:203

people have been downplaying it?

where please point me to the thread. If anything i have seen more sales threads and success threads about Kinect then anything else all year

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Because it is beating Move's sales at a higher price. Maybe...

trasharmdsister12 said:

People are butthurt because MS is channel stuffing... and the channels I speak of ain't retailers. Catch my drift?

Replace "cha" with "tu", and the picture becomes much clearer.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Serious_frusting said:

people have been downplaying it?

where please point me to the thread. If anything i have seen more sales threads and success threads about Kinect then anything else all year

Come on, now, there have been plenty.

I too have doubts about Kinect's sustainability, but it doesn't seem to have changed the system hierarchy (either slowed the Wii or boosted the 360 significantly), so it hasn't bothered me. I'll just be interested to see how quickly it drops from its current breakneck pace, and if it can really break out to start selling new 360s. I'm also interested in the kinds of software it will attract over the coming year

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
sinha said:
d21lewis said:

Because we're tired, Galaki.  We're tired.  

And now that Kinect is successful, guess what's next?  Minority Report, that's what.  Fucking PreCogs arresting us for crimes BEFORE we even comit them,  And then, Skynet.  Goddam Judgement Day (or The Matrix.  I don't fucking know.).  Nothing good will come from Kinect being suuccessful.  And yes.  I am butthurt.  That poop was too big.  Too big.

Post of the day.

Just about all of his posts are.

Mr Khan said:

I too have doubts about Kinect's sustainability, but it doesn't seem to have changed the system hierarchy (either slowed the Wii or boosted the 360 significantly), so it hasn't bothered me. I'll just be interested to see how quickly it drops from its current breakneck pace, and if it can really break out to start selling new 360s. I'm also interested in the kinds of software it will attract over the coming year

What? Its boosted 360's sales immensely.  The system has been up YOY every single week since Kinect's launch by like 100% percent.  Granted it hasn't really taken any of the Wii's thunder but has boosted the 360 by a huge margin.

BenVTrigger said:
Mr Khan said:

What? Its boosted 360's sales immensely.  The system has been up YOY every single week since Kinect's launch by like 100% percent.  Granted it hasn't really taken any of the Wii's thunder but has boosted the 360 by a huge margin.

Huh. Honestly i hadn't been paying that close attention, and thought it was in the ballpark for last years 360 sales (though last year was weaker overall for 360 in terms of killer apps, with or without Kinect in the equation)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I see more people complaining about people downplaying Kinect than I do people actually down playing it.....

Kinect's success is not that tied to the marketing campaign as most of ya'll think imo. It has to do with the followin I wrote back in September: 

One person I met was a mature lady who dropped in to have a look at the device with her daughter and grandson, having watched me and my son make a fool of ourselves during Dance Central, she then got her daughter up and danced away with no problems whatsoever and seemed to have a great time doing so.

1) So, wait: everybody can play;

When I later asked if they would be ordering the device they told me “before we attended we had no idea what Kinect was, but now we will be ordering it straight away and also recommending friends do so too.” The grandson? Well he never even got to play.

2) If people get to play it, they love it;

3) And they love to share their Kinect experience with their friends;

Before our conversation ended I explained PlayStation will also receive a motion device soon and I asked if that is something she would consider, however she told me although her Grandson did have a PS3, she would rather order Kinect as being without a controller is a big draw.

4) The target market is willing to switch their current trusted brand (Playstation 3)for something new (in this case Xbox 360 Kinect);

This was a similar scenario for nearly everyone I spoke to, most of whom hadn’t seen the device before but had been converted almost immediately after playing it.

5a) There will be a buzz around Kinect, fueled by those who tried.

5b) Microsoft knows that people need to experience it, so they put demo pods everywhere and let the product sell itself.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Kinect is right HERE