By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will 3rd parties put more effort into Wii 2011?

Even the Gizmondo had more support from third parties than the Wii has.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

@beuli2  that was funny and ridiculous but really the last I checked there were more Wii games available than they are on eitheir HD console. Surely, that cant be Ninty making all those games, so the whole Wii gets no support is kind of false. It might not be the support that some of us want, but it is support nonetheless.

I hope so, I think we'll see some great games from 3rd party companies on the Wii,but, nothing will compete with Nintendo Wii games.

Antabus said:
axt113 said:
Antabus said:
Dv8thwonder said:

No because 3rd party developers are stupid. I mean how else would you explain their lack of credible software on a platform that single-handedly saved console gaming. It boggles the mind at how stupid they are and I shed no tears when they report losses or close down studios because they only have themselves to blame. /rant

How did Wii save anything other than Nintendo?

3rd parties are doing fine on Wii, they are aiming at the biggest wii demographic which does not happen to be you.

Did you see the last few years of sales, the market is pretty much dependent on the Wii, heck Kinect and Move only exist because of the Wii, take out the Wii, and the market would be dead

As far as I can see, Wii does not even have 50% market share. Market would not be dead without wii, people would have bought other consoles... or are you saying that wii does not compete with hd consoles?

Total sales of the other consoles is only past 90 million combined far less than last gen sales for the PS2 and Xbox, not to mention, part of the reason for their sales is the massive price cuts they took after getting crushed by the Wii.  Same with Kinect and Move, without Wii, the sales of the HD consoles would be a lot less

No they wouldn;t have, if you want Wii fit, you aren;t going to buy PS3 or 360, the Wii has the advantage of a very different software lineup than the HD consoles

I'm sorry I didn't clarify my earlier statement regarding 'stupid 3rd party developers'. Here is a list of the Wii's greatest offenders: EA Take2 Interactive Namco-Bandai Ubisoft Capcom

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
Dv8thwonder said:

I'm sorry I didn't clarify my earlier statement regarding 'stupid 3rd party developers'. Here is a list of the Wii's greatest offenders: EA Take2 Interactive Namco-Bandai Ubisoft Capcom

I think Capcom's been pretty good honestly.  In fact I'd say they've really only made two glaring mistakes with Wii (which is better than most 3rd parties)...

• 1. Not following up RE4 with an original (full) Resident Evil for Wii, probably should've been able to have one ready as early late 2008.  There's an easy 2-3m seller they missed out on, instead they did a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles that went on to sell only 600k due to the oversaturated (and increasingly hostile) rail shooter genre on Wii.
  • 2. Not releasing SF4 on Wii.  The whole campaign around SF4 was rooted in nostalgia, the game was even designed specifically to appeal to SF2 fans... and yet they didn't port the game to the system that also has the strongest retro gamer audience, that itself revels in nostalgia.  A Wii version of SF4 would've easily cleared a million worldwide and probably then some, instead they did a Versus fighter based on Tatsunoko licenses that sold less than half that.
...all in all though, I do think the good far outweighed the bad with Capcom on Wii.  If anything, I'd say the system Capcom *really* missed the boat on this gen was DS...

jarrod said:
Dv8thwonder said:

I think Capcom's been pretty good honestly.  In fact I'd say they've really only made two glaring mistakes with Wii (which is better than most 3rd parties)...

• 1. Not following up RE4 with an original (full) Resident Evil for Wii, probably should've been able to have one ready as early late 2008.  There's an easy 2-3m seller they missed out on, instead they did a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles that went on to sell only 600k due to the oversaturated (and increasingly hostile) rail shooter genre on Wii.
  • 2. Not releasing SF4 on Wii.  The whole campaign around SF4 was rooted in nostalgia, the game was even designed specifically to appeal to SF2 fans... and yet they didn't port the game to the system that also has the strongest retro gamer audience, that itself revels in nostalgia.  A Wii version of SF4 would've easily cleared a million worldwide and probably then some, instead they did a Versus fighter based on Tatsunoko licenses that sold less than half that.
...all in all though, I do think the good far outweighed the bad with Capcom on Wii.  If anything, I'd say the system Capcom *really* missed the boat on this gen was DS...

I think Capcom, like everyone else, really bought into the idea of HD-Wii, that gamers would buy an HD console for their main gaming system, and then a Wii for those odd quicky games; so companies put their best on the HD side, while the Wii got 2nd string games, including remakes/ports (like Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition) and spin-offs (like Umbrella Chronicles).  When RE4Wii and REUC both sold well, they thought it vindicated their approach, which is why they followed up with more remakes and Darkside Chronicles; instead, it looks like people bought RE4Wii because it was still THE DEFINITIVE Resident Evil game at the time, and UC was just cashing in.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

on the issue of console/market

surely the Wii/360/PS3 are all out pacing the PS2/xbox/GC respectectively

arguing about the whole of last gen and where we are now is a bit silly and unfair the PS2 has sold 145m and still selling a bit

nintendo must be on cloud 9 with the wii after the GC sales,they pulled out a blinder

Nintendo and 3rd party,its a classic,will it never end

Above & Beyond

@Dv8thwonder  I can see you hating EA & Namco, but I dont see the hate for Take 2, Ubisoft & Capcom

@Jarrod  in Capcom's defense, they were working on RE5 for a while, IMO I dont think it would have been wise to stop production of that and then have to essentially start over (using a diff. engine for Wii). They could have put a different team on a Wii game for RE, but how well would that have turned out??? I do agree on not having another rail shooter, but I blame all those people who bought it, companies are going to make what people buy. But I love rail shooters, I dont think theres enough personally. Im still waiting for a console follow up to Point Blank(f***ing Namco). As for SF4 that game was being worked on exclusively for HDs, I know your going to say "but the Ipod" I played that version, it sucks, its nothing for the Iphone to brag about. It wasnt even half assed, thats probably what they would have done with the Wii version. IMHO id rather a game NOT come to WII than have it done really poorly, but hey there is SSF4 for 3DS.

I say, Shame on a lot of 3rd Parties on Wii, specially in Occident.

Now it's too late, I juste hope Nintendo will bring us some games like Xenoblade, the Last Story or Zangeki...