By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CES 2011 (And how you can watch the MS CES Keynote live)

That laptop shit is getting me excited. I am lucky if my 6 cell battery lasts 1.5 hours. 9 hours is off the fucking charts!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Also 6 hours or more of a 6 cell while using the new CPU/GPU processor? Awesome sauce!

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

SONY mentioned this Gorillia glass as well. What is that?

Impressive tablet. I am loving this.

Surface time!

Currently playing:

If this surface thing is true then I am absolutely impressed. I wonder what the table top costs.

Currently playing:

Windows Phone 7 was boring, I think the home screen is way too busy.

Those tablets, laptops and other hardware however with that System on a Chip thing had me very interested.

Didn't expect anything gaming related from anyone at CES, so in all honestly I was pleasantly impressed with the MS conference. Very good stuff overall.

Wish they showed more of the Surface though. They made it seem like they were going to make a big deal about (2) people being able to use all (20) fingers at a time on the device, yet Ballmer touched it for no more than 2-3 seconds before walking away.

I wasn't expecting that kind of ability from it, but it makes me very skeptical now about it's potential to handle it since they obviously did not look too confident in it.

Still, impressive showing tonight from them.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Anyone else find it so incredible that an entire computer motherboard is small enough to fit in your cell phone?

Currently playing:

Carl2291 said:

So... 360 possibly overtracked, Kinect probably undertracked?

360 OVER tracked? Undertracked more likely.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

How so?

If it's at over 50 Million, that would likely mean anywhere between 50-51M 360's shipped as of January 1st, wouldn't it? With the next set of VGC figuresm the 360 will likely be sitting at about 50.5M sold. It's hard to believe that 400k max 360's are sitting on shelves.

Or did I miss something?

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

How so?

If it's at over 50 Million, that would likely mean anywhere between 50-51M 360's shipped as of January 1st, wouldn't it? With the next set of VGC figuresm the 360 will likely be sitting at about 50.5M sold. It's hard to believe that 400k max 360's are sitting on shelves.

Or did I miss something?

No, it could mean 52 or 53 million easily, just because it's 50 plus doesn't mean it's in that range, they likely said it for effect.

Couple that with the fact they said they had their biggest ever holiday, which means they would have had to have sold more than 51 million units else they would be under 2008 Q4 shipments.

Seece said:

No, it could mean 52 or 53 million easily, just because it's 50 plus doesn't mean it's in that range, they likely said it for effect.

Couple that with the fact they said they had their biggest ever holiday, which means they would have had to have sold more than 51 million units else they would be under 2008 Q4 shipments.

Ahhh I see.

Thanks!