By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MONSTER HUNTER 4, where do you think it will go?

DavidValbu said:

Capcom said some months ago that maybe it was time to change of platform speaking about Monster Hunter. I think 3DS is a given for MH4Portable, while the main serie may stay in Wii sucesor. MH4Portable is likely to remain in the NPG too due to PSP versions sucess so I wouldn't disscard a MH4P multiplatform across 3DS and NPG.

i would thik psp/3ds and wii.

i know they are all different graphics quality, but close enough that they could easily port from one to another.  they already have a very good engine for monster hunter tri they could just build off of to save dev costs.  Then they can make an easy port to the 3DS and PSP afterwords.

That way they get to keep on their successfull psp and wii sales while also testing the 3DS for potential sales.

If they go to PS3 and/or NGP, they are out in fresh water and have no idea how either will sell monster hunter.  plus the costs woudl obviously higher, so its a higher cost and higher risk situation

Around the Network
irstupid said:
DavidValbu said:

Capcom said some months ago that maybe it was time to change of platform speaking about Monster Hunter. I think 3DS is a given for MH4Portable, while the main serie may stay in Wii sucesor. MH4Portable is likely to remain in the NPG too due to PSP versions sucess so I wouldn't disscard a MH4P multiplatform across 3DS and NPG.

i would thik psp/3ds and wii.

i know they are all different graphics quality, but close enough that they could easily port from one to another.  they already have a very good engine for monster hunter tri they could just build off of to save dev costs.  Then they can make an easy port to the 3DS and PSP afterwords.

That way they get to keep on their successfull psp and wii sales while also testing the 3DS for potential sales.

If they go to PS3 and/or NGP, they are out in fresh water and have no idea how either will sell monster hunter.  plus the costs woudl obviously higher, so its a higher cost and higher risk situation

You are totally right, I agree with you.

It would be incredible to o have another Monster Hunter game on the Wii. Tri was one of the best games (if not the best) I've played on the Wii.

Monster Hunter 4 will be on PS3 i think...

and if Monster Hunter Portable 4th on NGP launch title in japan, man i'm sure it definitely will help boost alot of NGP sales in japan...

HokageTenshi said:

Monster Hunter 4 will be on PS3 i think...

and if Monster Hunter Portable 4th on NGP launch title in japan, man i'm sure it definitely will help boost alot of NGP sales in japan...

If MH was gonna be a launch game for the NGP, Capcom would have already announced it

They won't let the 3DS go by when they KNOW they can capture the JApanese fanbase by making it a Day 1 game for the NGP...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

If MH was gonna be a launch game for the NGP, Capcom would have already announced it

They announced the PSN release of MHP3 was going to be timed with NGP launch.  NGP's not getting it's own MH for awhile yet, if at all.

I think 3DS is going to get MHP3G in mid/late 2012, partially as a 'test' for the system.  If it sells favorably (like 3m plus in Japan alone favorably), then Capcom will probably continue the series there.  If not, they'll go full force to NGP.  I also think they'll keep home console versions dependant on whichever handheld gets the series... so if it's 3DS, then Wii/2, if it's NGP then PS3/4.  In both cases, I'm sure Nintendo and Sony are willing to heavily subsidize everything too, in part to keep exclusivity.

I could also see PS3 getting Frontier, separate from all this.  It's done okay on 360, but I think could do even better on PS3.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Conegamer said:

They announced the PSN release of MHP3 was going to be timed with NGP launch.  NGP's not getting it's own MH for awhile yet, if at all.

I think 3DS is going to get MHP3G in mid/late 2012, partially as a 'test' for the system.  If it sells favorably (like 3m plus in Japan alone favorably), then Capcom will probably continue the series there.  If not, they'll go full force to NGP.  I also think they'll keep home console versions dependant on whichever handheld gets the series... so if it's 3DS, then Wii/2, if it's NGP then PS3/4.  In both cases, I'm sure Nintendo and Sony are willing to heavily subsidize everything too, in part to keep exclusivity.

I could also see PS3 getting Frontier, separate from all this.  It's done okay on 360, but I think could do even better on PS3.

Precisely. I find it hard to believe that if they'd be a new game anytime soon we'd have heard of it by now...

Also, the last bit is almost definite, if not PS3, then Wii

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Isn't Monster Hunter 3G coming to the Wii? It's inevitable, right?

Chrizum said:

Isn't Monster Hunter 3G coming to the Wii? It's inevitable, right?

I am afraid it's gonna be a 3DS conversion... not Wii now.

Monster Hunter and Pokemon on 3DS.......PSP2 wouldn't stand a chance. 

Most likely the 3DS or NGP.