By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MONSTER HUNTER 4, where do you think it will go?

Mr Khan said:
zgamer5 said:
Soriku said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
z101 said:

MH3 for PS3 has been canceled because of the high production costs. These have not changed.

Perhaps MH4 will go to Wii again, but most likely to the 3DS or both.

so then why did they bother making resident evil, lost planet, street fighter and all the other games they made for ps3?

none of them performed as well as monster hunter on ps3 would have.

infact lemme check the stats on MH psp, i think even that outsold capcoms ps3 games....

EDIT: monster hunter unite japan WW = 4.1 million.

thats more than street fighter super street fighter IV ps3 world wide (they come to 2.91)

thats more than resident evil 5 ps3 world wide (3.84 million)

thats more than lost planet 1& 2 on both xbox and ps3 (3.6m)

so even if development costs were high, it would have more than paid off and would have been one of the few ps3 games to pass 5m units. and when they say high im sure they dont mean as high as gran turismo or MGS4 because it doesnt require that level of R&D and technology....they wouldnt even have to market it, 1 youtube video would be good enough.

lol MH3 wouldn't have sold 5 mil on the PS3. MHFU sold as much as it did because it's a handheld MH.  Look at how MH3 on the Wii sold, that gives a better picture.

Also lol at one Youtube vid...with MH3 they wanted the series to be more popular over here. They advertised MH3 and it sold almost 800k in US/EU. Would've sold much less with crappy marketing.

Also is there any reason why people are saying PS3 when MH3 sold well? Assuming the game comes out this gen. In Japan the Wii still has no problem selling larger titles, and the connectivity factor isn't a big deal since the Wii can connect to the 3DS, if the 3DS got MHP4. Connectivity hasn't been important to the series anyway. So what's the reason?

look at jrpgs they sell better on the ps3. their are countless examples. i do think that mh3 would have sold better on ps3. also it would have sold better in the west on ps3. that is if it got good reviews. and with an easier online system it would have been very fun.

yes its not going to do 5 million. but it could do 3 if not more. unite didnt do bad on psp considering its one of the most pirated consoles of all time. second to the ps2.

when it comes to mh4 i want them on ps3/ps4 and the portable version on ngp because thats where i want to play them.(even though il be having a 3ds)

Monster Hunter would've had the same online system whereever it went. It runs on its own servers

i know but it would be simpler threw psn/xbl

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
Linkasf said:
zgamer5 said:
Soriku said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
z101 said:

MH3 for PS3 has been canceled because of the high production costs. These have not changed.

so then why did they bother making resident evil, lost planet, street fighter and all the other games they made for ps3?

infact lemme check the stats on MH psp, i think even that outsold capcoms ps3 games....

thats more than street fighter super street fighter IV ps3 world wide (they come to 2.91)

so even if development costs were high, it would have more than paid off and would have been one of the few ps3 games to pass 5m units. and when they say high im sure they dont mean as high as gran turismo or MGS4 because it doesnt require that level of R&D and technology....they wouldnt even have to market it, 1 youtube video would be good enough.

lol MH3 wouldn't have sold 5 mil on the PS3. MHFU sold as much as it did because it's a handheld MH.  Look at how MH3 on the Wii sold, that gives a better picture.

Also lol at one Youtube vid...with MH3 they wanted the series to be more popular over here. They advertised MH3 and it sold almost 800k in US/EU. Would've sold much less with crappy marketing.

Also is there any reason why people are saying PS3 when MH3 sold well? Assuming the game comes out this gen. In Japan the Wii still has no problem selling larger titles, and the connectivity factor isn't a big deal since the Wii can connect to the 3DS, if the 3DS got MHP4. Connectivity hasn't been important to the series anyway. So what's the reason?

look at jrpgs they sell better on the ps3. their are countless examples. i do think that mh3 would have sold better on ps3. also it would have sold better in the west on ps3. that is if it got good reviews. and with an easier online system it would have been very fun.

yes its not going to do 5 million. but it could do 3 if not more. unite didnt do bad on psp considering its one of the most pirated consoles of all time. second to the ps2.

when it comes to mh4 i want them on ps3/ps4 and the portable version on ngp because thats where i want to play them.(even though il be having a 3ds)

Someone hasn't played Tri. I wouldn't mind a better online system though but there isn't really anything wrong about Tri's online, but It coulda been better and it still wasn't really bad either. I've played Tri for 500 hours and I gotta say it is the most time I've put into a Wii game's online.  The online mode is accessible and very easy in Tri. Did you play it? if you did, did you spend 200 hours on it?

no i didnt play it. what i mean is the hd consoles offer a more acesible online experience thats it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Linkasf said:
zgamer5 said:
Soriku said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
z101 said:

Someone hasn't played Tri. I wouldn't mind a better online system though but there isn't really anything wrong about Tri's online, but It coulda been better and it still wasn't really bad either. I've played Tri for 500 hours and I gotta say it is the most time I've put into a Wii game's online.  The online mode is accessible and very easy in Tri. Did you play it? if you did, did you spend 200 hours on it?

no i didnt play it. what i mean is the hd consoles offer a more acesible online experience thats it.

Yeah that's true. But after playing MH3, I believe that is is more suited for handhelds... I wish I could play with my friends in the same room (and not just in Arena mode 2 players...). NGP or 3DS. I don't care which one gets it. I want the game.

3DS or Wii successor.

Personally, I think that Capcom was able to squeeze more than adequate graphics out of the Wii, so I think that they would be happy enough to develop on whatever system Nintendo has up its sleeve to folllow the Wii.

That being said, MH3 didn't sell as much on the Wii as it did on PSP (it still exceeded predictions, though). I've never seen MH on a handheld (I don't own a PSP), but I think that a release on the 3DS followed by releases on the NGP and Wii successor would be in order.

MH4 (3DS) - Holiday 2011/Q1 2012

MH4 (NGP) - 2012

MH4 (Wii successor) - Late 2012

MH4 (PS3) - 2012

Around the Network
Soriku said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

your assuming theres no difference between the games ps3 users like and the games wii users like.

how many complex games do you see on wii compared to ps3?

the target market for monster hunter simply isnt on nintendo systems so even though theres less ps3's theres more people that would buy monster hunter on ps3.

as for connectivity, co-op is much more important than SP in MH. people only play SP to practise and gather items and stuff but co-op is where the real fun is and it will sell a lot of 3g NGP's if monster hunter is a lunch title (maybe its the existing psp one, not a new one)

The target market for MH isn't on Nintendo consoles, yet MH3 sold very well (even Capcom agrees) and is the best selling console MH? I don't follow.

While I think a PS3 MH3 might sold about as well as the Wii game did in Japan, it'd have bombed everywhere else.  The key to MH3's western success was Nintendo's promotion and push for the title, and it basically doubled the JP sales (a first for MH).

Monster Hunter is too difficult, idiosyncratic and in ways archaic for the average HD brogamer, it'd have a tough time taking off on either HD system at this point with so many other more attractive (from a western perspective) games to compete against.  At least on Wii, they were selling to a somewhat captive audience, to great effect too.

Wii and PS3. Just like Rune Factory Oceans.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

PS3 with possibillity to play on the go -> NGP

Just like Kojima's dream

THIS would be the relevation!

AND cool online features, playing with friends outside, playing with friends at home, Ah SO GREAT

Or PS3 and NGP playing together!!

I have yet to play a monster hunter game more than 5 hours, somehow I did not manage to get past the "tutorial" pretty hard, maybe I did not have the time at that moment.... but one day I WILL!

Capcom said some months ago that maybe it was time to change of platform speaking about Monster Hunter. I think 3DS is a given for MH4Portable, while the main serie may stay in Wii sucesor. MH4Portable is likely to remain in the NPG too due to PSP versions sucess so I wouldn't disscard a MH4P multiplatform across 3DS and NPG.

zgamer5 said:
Soriku said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
z101 said:

best look at all home console versions of monster hunter.

if i recal monster hunter tri sold the best out of all the home console monster hunters, and the prior ones were all one the PS2.

so no basis to say that it would have sold better on ps3.  historical data would suggest otherwise.

don't get why people can't distinguish between teh two versions.  when talking about zelda sales on consoles we ONLY bring up console sales if its a console game or handheld sales if its a handheld.  comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.