By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Viper1 said:

Actually, my first post regarding it was merely a reciprocated tit for his tat.   Ethomaz was stating that the holdiay boost for GT5 was irrelvant to a comaprison that included a game not relased during the holiday period (Japan aside).  My comment was merely asking is he'd continue to claim the holiday boost as irrelevant once the holiday period is over and GT5 sales begin to track below GT4 (as I've since pointed out). 

You must be careful not to wave the bias flag too quickly.  Reading a post carefuly can many times make more clear the intentions of the author.

It just seemed to me that you put it in an offensive way.Sorry about that again.

But with all the recent haters/trolls on the site,I'm getting pretty damn angry that the community is so much full of crap now,compared to what it was in the past.I think that's why I rushed to think you're also a hater/troll.I apologize.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
ethomaz said:

REACH - Tracking above Halo 3 again.

NOTES

Tracking GT5 and Reach sales week by week make me noted some thing interesting... week by week GT5 got adjusted Up or Down so every week I made all the maths again... but Reach not... after 15 weeks I didn't make any adjustment.

That's make me think... is more easy tracking Microsoft games than Sony??? Or Reach had a previous games in this gen for reference (Halo 3) and GT5 not???

Edit - Thanks @4k1x3r

I think it is due to the fact that Sony is in a lot of uncharted areas where Xbox's main areas are Europe and the English speaking nations.

Woo Kinect In Japan, now outselling GT5! Rose week over week for 4th straight week.

Hopefully it can establish a good base out there.

WW, Kinect nearly at 1 mill this week alone, wow!

ethomaz said:

@Viper1

Just question...

Next traked week... you believe GT5 will sell below (in order)

178,044???
137,261???
120,989???
102,768???
92,089???

These are the five next GT4 sales week...  afte that GT4 fall into 30k per week until 15th Dec 2005... up to 90k in 25th Dec 2005.

By logic GT5 will be never tracked below GT4 except the last 3 weeks of december in GT4 sales.

By looking at the Jan - Oct period, most of the big PS3 exclusives don't pull in greater than 25k per week.

So again, I believe GT4 will retain a sales lead overall.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:

@Viper1

Just question...

178,044???
137,261???
120,989???
102,768???
92,089???

These are the five next GT4 sales week...  afte that GT4 fall into 30k per week until 15th Dec 2005... up to 90k in 25th Dec 2005.

By logic GT5 will be never tracked below GT4 except the last 3 weeks of december in GT4 sales.

By looking at the Jan - Oct period, most of the big PS3 exclusives don't pull in greater than 25k per week.

So you believe GT5 will track below 25k the rest of the year??? GT4 decreasing the gap by 5k a week??? That's not enough to overall outsell GT5 before the arrival of the second holiday season.

Next tracked week... last of 2010 will show GT5 over 400k yet increasing the gap to near 500k.

But I believe GT5 will be tracked above GT4 until the holiday season of GT4 (8 months to go)... so the gap will increasing.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:

@Viper1

Just question...

178,044???
137,261???
120,989???
102,768???
92,089???

However,GT5 is not an ordinary big exclusive for the PS3.It's the BIGGEST one,twice as big as any other exclusive.:D

ethomaz said:

So you believe GT5 will track below 25k the rest of the year??? GT4 decreasing the gap by 5k a week??? That's not enough to overall outsell GT5 before the arrival of the second holiday season.

Next tracked week... last of 2010 will show GT5 over 400k yet increasing the gap to near 500k.

But I believe GT5 will be tracked above GT4 until the holiday season of GT4 (8 months to go)... so the gap will increasing.

No it wont.Overall software/hardware drops around 50% in that week.GT5 needs to be very very lucky to drop just 20%.

250k-300k is a more reasonable figure.

Mordred11 said:
ethomaz said:

No it wont.Overall software/hardware drops around 50% in that week.GT5 needs to be very very lucky to drop just 20%.

If GT5 done 400k this week you change your mind??? Wait and see.

I like the Xbox 360's Japan performance, everything else, well, I promised Rol I wouldn't troll today so im not going to reveal my feelings on the rest of this topic.

Tease.

ethomaz said:
Mordred11 said:
ethomaz said:

If GT5 done 400k this week you change your mind??? Wait and see.

I'd be very happy if that happens!

Unfortunately,it's chances are slim.But you can laugh at me if it turns out I was wrong.