By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 reasons to own a PS3 in 2011

I will not be buying a PS3 in 2011 only because I am on a sony boycott - now on it's 7th year.  but these are good reasons to own a PS3.

http://www.reviewsofelectronics.com/playstation-3-top-5-reasons-to-own-a-ps3/224764/

1. The PS3 Plays Blu Rays – Blu Ray players can cost you a pretty penny, and with the format being pushed more and more, eventually you are going to need one, so owning a video game console that can double as your blu-ray player is very cost effective. The PS3 also upcoverts normal dvds, ensuring that any movie you watch on the console delivers the highest quality movie watching experience possible.
  2. The PS3 Delivers Stunning Graphics – Breathtaking graphics are one of the primary reasons so many gamers have chosen the PS3, and is also one of the most noticeable differences between the PS3 and other systems. The graphics and overall visual quality the PS3 offers are unsurpassed by any other system, and in my opinion, offer simply the best viewing experience from among any of the mainstream gaming systems.  I’m sure there are some Xbox 360 fans out there that will disagree with me, but we will simply have to agree to disagree as I own both systems and definitely prefer the graphics on the PS3.
  3. Sony Releases Some Sensational Games – Little Big Planet , Metal Gear Solid,  need i say more?  Missing out on the popular, renowned, and fantastic SONY franchises because you don’t own the system would truly be a tragedy in my book.
  4. PlayStation Online is Free – Unlike other gaming console brands, you can play online multiplayer games, as well as access the many online features for the Playstation 3 for the low low cost of nothing!!
  5. The PS3 is Ultra User Friendly- The PS3 platform features a very attractive, streamlined,  and very easy to understand interface that allows even the least experienced of gamer to navigate their way around with ease

Around the Network

goodluck with the boycott.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Why you on a boycott? 

Coca-Cola said:

I will not be buying a PS3 in 2011 only because I am on a sony boycott - now on it's 7th year.  but these are good reasons to own a PS3.

http://www.reviewsofelectronics.com/playstation-3-top-5-reasons-to-own-a-ps3/224764/

• The PS3 Plays Blu Rays – Blu Ray players can cost you a pretty penny, and with the format being pushed more and more, eventually you are going to need one, so owning a video game console that can double as your blu-ray player is very cost effective. The PS3 also upcoverts normal dvds, ensuring that any movie you watch on the console delivers the highest quality movie watching experience possible.
  • The PS3 Delivers Stunning Graphics – Breathtaking graphics are one of the primary reasons so many gamers have chosen the PS3, and is also one of the most noticeable differences between the PS3 and other systems. The graphics and overall visual quality the PS3 offers are unsurpassed by any other system, and in my opinion, offer simply the best viewing experience from among any of the mainstream gaming systems.  I’m sure there are some Xbox 360 fans out there that will disagree with me, but we will simply have to agree to disagree as I own both systems and definitely prefer the graphics on the PS3.
  • Sony Releases Some Sensational Games – Little Big Planet , Metal Gear Solid,  need i say more?  Missing out on the popular, renowned, and fantastic SONY franchises because you don’t own the system would truly be a tragedy in my book.
  • PlayStation Online is Free – Unlike other gaming console brands, you can play online multiplayer games, as well as access the many online features for the Playstation 3 for the low low cost of nothing!!
  • The PS3 is Ultra User Friendly- The PS3 platform features a very attractive, streamlined,  and very easy to understand interface that allows even the least experienced of gamer to navigate their way around with ease
  • Why boycott Sony? They make great games and systems. :(

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Joel12345 said:

Why you on a boycott? 

I've talked about it before, but I've had the worst luck with sony products.  It's a personal boycott, not that I encourage others to do the same.

From sterio systems, cd players, t.v. (crt hd tv was the last one i had that broke in less than a year), and PS2 ( I switched to xbox due to this).

so i decided about 7 years ago that i will not buy another sony products.  PS3 was/is very tempting, but no go yet.

Around the Network

Why promote something you are boycotting? Seems like you have a lot of ambivalence about Sony. Maybe you should let it go and embrace gaming goodness.

chocoloco said:

Why promote something you are boycotting? Seems like you have a lot of ambivalence about Sony. Maybe you should let it go and embrace gaming goodness.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

My reasons for getting a ps3 in 2010:

Free online. We, fat poor mexicans with big sombreros, need free stuff :<
    Exclusivities. Heavy Rain... then Uncharted, GoW, etc.
    Stunning graphics.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
    PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
    Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.

How are these reasons so special in 2011, didn't they always exist?

Robbie2010 said:

How are these reasons so special in 2011, didn't they always exist?

no, they only popped up at exactly 0:00 1:1:11