By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 drops out of UK Top10 - after 3 weeks

Here we go. It was bound to happen - just 3 weeks after completely dominating the UK charts, the top selling PS3 title drops out of the top 10. I presume there is still plenty of stock available (may be wrong on this?), but its not a good sign for Sony as the momentum slowly fades away...

Now, when is the next big PS3 title coming out again?

Can Motorstorm or Resistance regain top10 positions?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24102

EDIT - title should really read "PS3 software drops out..." sorry :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

ohh fud starts.

Resistance will do like in the US, sell well every month and slowly but surely build a big final sales number.

Poor PS3 sales reduce retailers to discounts

PlayStation 3 packages now going for £399 with free stuff

Retailers are beginning to take it on board that most people are unwilling to pay £425 for any console, let alone the Sony PlayStation 3 . WH Smith and Play.com are among retailers who have recently cut the price of the next generation console to £399.

High street retailer WH Smith took out adverts in the weekend papers to promote its temporary PS3 discount which lasts until the end of today. Presumably the hope is that it can get rid of its remaining stock, after initially strong sales tailed off dramatically.

Play.com is now offering the Sony PlayStation 3 console with 60GB hard disc along with a free HDMI cable and the movie Click on Blu-ray Disc (BD) for just £399.

The fact that retailers are discounting the console so early vividly demonstrates the way sales of the console have diminished in the last couple of weeks. After the hardcore gaming elite flocked out in their droves to swap £425 for the shiny black console in the first seven days following its release, week two was a major disappointment for Sony.

Sales of the PlayStation 3 crashed severely, falling by a fairly drastic 82 per cent. Week two sales were around the 33,000 mark, with 132,000 less PS3s sold in the second week than the first. The PS3 has so far failed to sell-out in the UK, with these latest discounts evidence of a certain degree of desperation among retailers to get rid of the consoles .

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/gaming/news/poor-ps3-sales-reduce-retailers-to-discounts?articleid=153957366

PS3 games are in a slow/steady (as expected) decline. Resistance being the slowest to dropHere The PS3 just needs some good games to be hitting the high spot, and they are not expected for a short while.

Good to see this site is still going 

PS3 - 17

X360 - 43

Wii - 87

I would say not bad. We can clearly see that Wii is doomed (sarcasm).

Around the Network

i have a question:

is it true that in UK last week (week three for ps3) the ps3 sold 17.000 units

and the wii 25.000 units ? (Chart Track sales figures)

i read it on www.ukresistance.co.uk but its not fair to believe this site without

asking other persons...

is it true or sony bashing ?

It may well be true but most weeks there arent even 10000 wii sold due to supply problems its inevitable . Nintendo have a large fanbase and all will want consoles immediately given the novel controls and bargain basement price . Supply has upped this week and it reflects the high sales however 25k aint great for something so cheap i bet the ps2 outsold that easily .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Quartz said:
PS3 games are in a slow/steady (as expected) decline. Resistance being the slowest to dropHere The PS3 just needs some good games to be hitting the high spot, and they are not expected for a short while.
What are those numbers? 

Vienna said:

i have a question:

is it true that in UK last week (week three for ps3) the ps3 sold 17.000 units

and the wii 25.000 units ? (Chart Track sales figures)

i read it on www.ukresistance.co.uk but its not fair to believe this site without

asking other persons...

is it true or sony bashing ?

Looks like it's true. Found this on a Sony fanboy site.

http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/04/wii_outselling_ps3_in_uk.html

Wii outselling PS3 in UK

Leaked figures from Chart Track seem to show that the Wii is outselling the PS3, according to Spong. According to the figures, in the third week since launch, the PS3 has sold 17,000 units with the Wii managing to shift an impressive 25,000 units. This would be despite the fact that you have to resort to sites like this to find a Wii, with the only steady supplier being eBay, where they’re being sold for a good £60+ over retail.

The leaked figures sound fairly believable. It's not that surprising given that Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm have dropped out of the top ten for the UK charts this week. There aren't a lot of big titles to lure gamers to the PS3. My guess is that console sales figures will stay low for the next few months: there just aren’t that many great games coming out. Nevertheless, there’s a good chance that come the better software lineup in September, PS3s will start shifting again. Sony will definitely sell a few when Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII come out. Assuming that Final Fantasy XIII is still exclusive, of course. 

So, does this mean a crazy price drop ($200 or more) is coming, or will we see a PS4 out in a couple of years with the all new "PSWiimote" ? These Numbers are painful. I thought Nintendo would do better the PS3 this time, but not by this much in the begining. Sorta a shocker to me.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.