By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Xbox 360 outsell Wii in Americas Calendar year 2011

Juma009 said:

I think the only serious competion the Wii will have It's the 3DS

Quoted for undeniable truth.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

you are making things up. i never said wii games would not push more consoles than 360 games. I said games on both patforms would push less being sequals than the original game. 360 has more games to push minimal hardware this year than last year therfore 360 sales will be boosted more this year than last year by software. wii only has what zelda next year? thats about it so far. dragon quest is all about japan and this is an americas thread. U never said gears 3 seeling a million hardware i was making a point.

You still do not understand, or if you do, you keep talking about something else. You claimed that sequels to games already available on a platform, do not push that much hardware. That is a lie. You also listed Gears 3 and Halo 1 remake as reasons why the 360 would have a better year than last year, which, if they do not push much hardware like you said, why did you list them? Also, I would not pick on any platforms software line up next year, because it is too early, and your platform of choice isn't looking too hot as of yet either, but that is a topic for another thread. I am stil waiting for an apology btw.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Torillian said:
stopstopp said:

What a horrid thread to read. Those quote pyramids are so long. I wish I could report people for making such long pyramids.

fixed it because I was feeling nice, I think I'm going to talk to Brett about putting some kind of limit to the length of the quote train possible in the new Gamrconnect somehow.  Shouldn't have to moderate something like that.

That would be a good idea.  Huge quote trains seem to be happening a lot at the moment - might just be the big holiday spikes coupled with Kinect, GT5, etc. causing a lot of more extended back and forth but it does make some threads almost unreadable after a while.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

mhsillen said:

Microsoft has almost blown their load with slims, price cuts, kinect. 

Nintendo can cut the price of the wii significantly and they always have new games from E3

They also have released quality games in numbers to push the wii in the first half of the year

So with out the holidays the wii will be up their with the 360 

The 360 will not "own" the wii imho

Which 360 price cut? Oh you mean the one in 2008 when Wii still costed 249?

October 2009

Console Wii PS3 X360
America

January 2010

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

So I posted these because January performs pretty similiar to October in Americas.  So with that in mind lets see how we may see January 2011 start off 2011.

October 2010

Console Wii PS3 X360
America

Pretty drastic difference isnt it.  This was even before Kinect launched. What is going to change the trajectory the Wii was following until the holiday buying period started?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.