By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft, Channel Stuffing and Desperation: Old Tricks for a New Era

Thought some (most?) of you would enjoy this read:

http://www.informationarbitrage.com/2007/04/microsoft_phili.html

Sure to attract fanboys - may the console wars live on!

Around the Network

It is kind of old news. Microsoft's cover was blown two or three months ago when they had to revise shipment estimates for the first half of 2007 from 2.6-4.6 million down to 1.6 million. But it's good to see somebody calling them on that again. Microsoft just have a fraudulent company culture.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

some good stuff!!

"It is kind of old news."

Sorry, didn't know that, but you know what they say about reruns:

"If you haven't seen it before, it's NEW TO YOU!" 

So they've dropped their estimate of 13-15m units sold to 12m until the end of June 2007.  This means that they will be on track to get IMHO no more than 15m units sold by the end of this year.

It just shows.  MS stated that 10m had been sold by the end of 2006.  We are now 3.5 months into 2007 and they still haven't reached the 10m mark....they may even have a problem acheiving another 2.5m sales in the next 2.5m...actually I doubt they will do it unless they start pushing developers to release the better games sooner rather than later. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

This is not news for a lot of people here, but I can assure you a lot of XB360 fans were (and still are) fooled by this channel stuffing.

Their usual remark was : "It's impossible there are 3+M XB360 in the wild".

I think VGCharts took lots of abuse because of it too. I remember there was a poster making a long thread about VGCharts numbers being too low for XB360, that it was impossible, as MS said they sold 10.4M. He wouldn't understand MS could have fooled him.

I didn't understand how MS could force retailers to buy the XB360, because they sure enough wouldn't endure such costs willfully. I didn't think of the Vista trump card, now it makes sense, I'm sure that's what they did.

Anyway, that's the usual MS, the one I know at least, and that's also why I don't want them to succeed in the videogame business, and destroy it. I know pretty well what they are capable of, and I know they will do it. I already have my glimpse of a future with MS as the king of videogames : unreliable consoles, monthly subscriptions, increased console price with time, power power power to push hardware price up and hide their huge OS price in it, ... No thanks.

That's why I'll pass on a new XB360 console. If I buy one, that will be used (if they become reliable). I won't help this company destroy the videogame industry. I'd rather help Sony, I root for what I consider the lesser evil. I hope Sony succeed in fending them off. I don't think MS shareholders will accept another loss in consoles world.

ookaze said:

Anyway, that's the usual MS, the one I know at least, and that's also why I don't want them to succeed in the videogame business, and destroy it. I know pretty well what they are capable of, and I know they will do it. I already have my glimpse of a future with MS as the king of videogames : unreliable consoles, monthly subscriptions, increased console price with time, power power power to push hardware price up and hide their huge OS price in it, ... No thanks.

That's why I'll pass on a new XB360 console. If I buy one, that will be used (if they become reliable). I won't help this company destroy the videogame industry. I'd rather help Sony, I root for what I consider the lesser evil. I hope Sony succeed in fending them off. I don't think MS shareholders will accept another loss in consoles world.

dude you read my mind, Exacly why i hate MS!!!

War Sony destroy those bastards!!!

ookaze said

"  I already have my glimpse of a future with MS as the king of videogames : unreliable consoles, monthly subscriptions, increased console price with time, power power power to push hardware price up and hide their huge OS price in it, ... No thanks."

ms consoles will be build by hp and dell and will ship with norton antivirus :D

Too bad X360 continues to sell better than PS3 by a huge margin.

It's not a dishonest company culture either. All I heard from fanboys was "MS will never make that 10 million they promised!! They are teh liars!!!11" well, they did make it, sorry about your luck.

MS is becoming the king of videogames, because they ship a better more reliable product at better prices with better games that people prefer to buy more than their competitors.

Look at Sony's PSN and what a terrible product that is. If Sony doesn't shape up and start delivering what consumers want, they get shipped out.

MS will establish a videogame monopoly in under two generations. Amazing,

That article was awful too, no wonder that guy writes for a shitty blog, no way a reputable publisher would touch that kind of libelous article, they'd get sued.

I like how in the beginning, he says that Vista sales suck. Then later, he says that MS threatened retailers with pulling Vista if they didn't order Xbox's. Umm, you just said Vista sucks, moron. Why would retailers care if a sucky product got pulled?

That article is just a joke, seems a lot of really bitter fanboys around these days.

I like how he only compares sales to Wii and not PS3 also L-O-L. Wii is not Xb360's direct competitor. PS3 is.

wow sharky, I hope you're being paid by Microsoft because I can't imagine an unpaid person being so in love with a company as to spew so many lies defending them in one post, especially to such an evil monopolistic company as Microsoft. Please say you're a paid shill and restore my faith in humanity.

may I add, your mother, you said this would attract fanboys and it appears to have done so like flies to a bug zapper ;)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!