By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft, Channel Stuffing and Desperation: Old Tricks for a New Era

sharky said:

Too bad X360 continues to sell better than PS3 by a huge margin.

It's not a dishonest company culture either. All I heard from fanboys was "MS will never make that 10 million they promised!! They are teh liars!!!11" well, they did make it, sorry about your luck.

MS is becoming the king of videogames, because they ship a better more reliable product at better prices with better games that people prefer to buy more than their competitors.

Look at Sony's PSN and what a terrible product that is. If Sony doesn't shape up and start delivering what consumers want, they get shipped out.

MS will establish a videogame monopoly in under two generations. Amazing,

That article was awful too, no wonder that guy writes for a shitty blog, no way a reputable publisher would touch that kind of libelous article, they'd get sued.

I like how in the beginning, he says that Vista sales suck. Then later, he says that MS threatened retailers with pulling Vista if they didn't order Xbox's. Umm, you just said Vista sucks, moron. Why would retailers care if a sucky product got pulled?

That article is just a joke, seems a lot of really bitter fanboys around these days.

I like how he only compares sales to Wii and not PS3 also L-O-L. Wii is not Xb360's direct competitor. PS3 is.

ms king.. bahahahahahhaha 360 getting owned by a 7 year old console! 

"more reliable product" LMFAO that defective POS 3 rings of death LOL

Look at sonys psn ITS FREE... then look at Home is OWNS live and yet its still FREE. 

they will establinsh a monopoly... what type of fool wants thsoe POS bastards to do that... you ever use a PC ?  ever use their CRAP software ?

Around the Network

....The flaming coming from a guy with Nintendo's profit margins in his avatar and a guy with Sony in his avatar....eh?

Hehe. Such fanboys. Yes, I have a fun avatar too, but its funny with everyone trying to spin things their own way.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

sharky said:

It's not a dishonest company culture either. All I heard from fanboys was "MS will never make that 10 million they promised!! They are teh liars!!!11" well, they did make it, sorry about your luck.

MS is becoming the king of videogames, because they ship a better more reliable product at better prices with better games that people prefer to buy more than their competitors.

Look at Sony's PSN and what a terrible product that is. If Sony doesn't shape up and start delivering what consumers want, they get shipped out.

That article was awful too, no wonder that guy writes for a shitty blog, no way a reputable publisher would touch that kind of libelous article, they'd get sued.

I like how in the beginning, he says that Vista sales suck. Then later, he says that MS threatened retailers with pulling Vista if they didn't order Xbox's. Umm, you just said Vista sucks, moron. Why would retailers care if a sucky product got pulled?

That article is just a joke, seems a lot of really bitter fanboys around these days.

I like how he only compares sales to Wii and not PS3 also L-O-L. Wii is not Xb360's direct competitor. PS3 is.

That's a pretty big collection of "misinformation" there. 

1.  MS promised they'd sell 10M consoles by the end of 2006.  In order to do so they shipped a whole bunch of consoles to retailers, forced them to be accepted knowing they wouldn't sell, just so they could announce that they met their goal.  It's not exactly an inspiring story for the 360's actual performance.

2.  They threatened to withhold Vista long before anyone knew for sure it wouldn't sell well - they were threatening to withhold launch stock if you'd pay attention to the article.  Launch stock almost always sells the first week even if it's expensive (see PS3 in Europe), of course they'd rather sit on some 360's in order to profit off the Vista launch.

3.  More reliable product?  Was that a joke?

4.  Just as an added tidbit, despite PS3's lethargy it is still outselling the 360 worldwide at this point, 360 is pretty weak in Europe in nonexistent in Japan.

omg I knew that MS was up to no good. People kept saying how there were 360s stacked up everywhere because they were not selling as well as people thought. Now here is the truth. It actually makes me really happy. Microsoft has been a company performing unethical business practices for way too long, and now it is time for them to face the consequences. It began with Vista and it will end with the 360. I was afraid at 1st that they may take over the gaming industry and ruin it forever, but I can finally set my fears aside.

Oh man sharky. You are really getting played, and hopefully one day you will realize this.

Btw I dont care if I sound fanboyish because this is the truth. I honestly prefer Sony over the others, but I would be happy to see Nintendo come back on top if it meant MS getting the hell out of the gaming console business. They don't belong in it or anywhere for that matter.

FYI this was all written from a Mac

mrstickball said:

....The flaming coming from a guy with Nintendo's profit margins in his avatar and a guy with Sony in his avatar....eh?

Hehe. Such fanboys. Yes, I have a fun avatar too, but its funny with everyone trying to spin things their own way.

Actually I have all 3 companies in my avatar (which shows total profits, not margins). Notice the red line down there? That one's for you.

This time the spinning started at MS. A 50 % forecast reduction is just terrible. That said I don't believe that they were that evil when they stuffed the channel for Christmas, just that they were boasting on CES and didn't even confess later when they had to reduce the forecast. And this is not the end of the 360, it's still in a better position than the PS3.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network
sharky said:

I was wondering if I could find a benefitiary of the 3.2 billion FUD and viral marketing campaign of Microsoft .I por the internet and I find one quite easily .Guess MS money is doing its thing .Now its the turn of videogamers to fend off MS .Having them around isnt bad thing ,they keep SONY and NINTENDO alert ,but in no way can they succed in a monopoly over our industry ,that would be total doom for US .With their control of OS ,graphics libraries (DirectX ,they want to buy OpenGL also) ,their agreements with the hardware producers etc the situation would be exactly the one pointed by ookaze .

Apple seems to be doing just fine despite all the MS FUD. Google seems to be doing fine despite all the MS FUD. FUD is worthless if a company knows how to handle it.

Wow I can't believe the hipocrecy of some Sony fanboys, after all the lies that Sony has spread since before and after PS3 launch, they still have the guts to bash Microsoft,sad.

Rakzo said:
Wow I can't believe the hipocrecy of some Sony fanboys, after all the lies that Sony has spread since before and after PS3 launch, they still have the guts to bash Microsoft,sad.

Why is that? Are Sony fans personally responsible for Sony's spin and therefore not allowed to call attention to MS's spin?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

"MS is becoming the king of videogames, because they ship a better more reliable product at better prices with better games that people prefer to buy more than their competitors."

Sharky, did you just say Microsoft ships "a better more reliable product at better prices"?

That was a joke, right?  They ship a more reliable product?   Are you sure? 
Hm.