By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is "World's MOST Innovative Company"

dtewi said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
fighter said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/233594.asp

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10953596/1/10-top-innovative-companies.html

You might argue Apple's launch of the iPad was huge -- it was, and will continue to change computing -- but when you think about it, the iPad is essentially just a giant iPod Touch. You might think the wild success of Android, or the introduction of Google TV, would rocket the Internet giant to the top of the list -- but neither was truly groundbreaking this year. And sure, Ford expanded its installations Sync (which, by the way, runs on Microsoft Windows Embedded) to millions of vehicles, but in-car infotainment is nothing new.

But a compact and affordable system by which people can use full-body gestures and voice commands to control Xbox games and other software? Yeah, that's pretty innovative.

Wow Microsoft is really putting out some impressive technology this year

It has gotten to the point where I feel sorry for companies trying to compete with them

Honestly this is the kind of pointless statement that basically gets everyone pissed off.

No need to get pissed off, it's a true assessment of reality.

Microsoft pretty much has unlimited money (compared to other companies) so yes, I do feel sorry for companies trying to compete against that bankroll....it's not fair

And still the Wii has 32M more sales than the 360. I wonder why that is.

And PS2 has 120 M sales more than original xbox.

Not to compare iPod and Zune sales...

Around the Network
NotStan said:
libellule said:

they were not the first and they just bought the israelien technology, that is it.

I still think kinect is "innovative"

but MS, overall, is THE MOST NON INNOVATIVE COMPANY EVER
they just created (stolen) Window and made tonne of money on it

So now BIll Gates stole windows, from whom?

OT, I don't think that it deserves this award as it's most likely subjective as been pointed out before, therefore means jack overall, but comparing EyeToy to Kinect is just silly, it's like comparing a PS1 to PS3, the concept may be along the same lines but the latter is far better than the first.

What MS brought to consoles so far:

Online capabilities(Original Xbox Live)

Cough,Dreamcast, cough!!!

Internal Hard Drive(Idea akin to the PC hard drives, but they were the first to introduce it to consoles), unless there was a console before that did that and I am mistaken.

What about wireless controllers? Who's idea was that? <- that is not a flamebait question, I am genuinely not sure.

geddesmond2 said:
NotStan said:
libellule said:

they were not the first and they just bought the israelien technology, that is it.

I still think kinect is "innovative"

but MS, overall, is THE MOST NON INNOVATIVE COMPANY EVER
they just created (stolen) Window and made tonne of money on it

So now BIll Gates stole windows, from whom?

OT, I don't think that it deserves this award as it's most likely subjective as been pointed out before, therefore means jack overall, but comparing EyeToy to Kinect is just silly, it's like comparing a PS1 to PS3, the concept may be along the same lines but the latter is far better than the first.

What MS brought to consoles so far:

Online capabilities(Original Xbox Live)

Cough,Dreamcast, cough!!!

Internal Hard Drive(Idea akin to the PC hard drives, but they were the first to introduce it to consoles), unless there was a console before that did that and I am mistaken.

What about wireless controllers? Who's idea was that? <- that is not a flamebait question, I am genuinely not sure.

Ah. Stand corrected then. I had a dreamcast, never imagined that it had online capabilities though >_>

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Americant_heroxbox said:
abroZ said:

oh and just to make sure, Sony doesn't copy them, Microsoft also recently bought  Canesta, the company behind Eyetoy.

Microsoft this week bought Canesta, the company which provided the gesture control technology behind the Sony Eyetoy – and immediately set the gaming community arguing over whether it was to stop Sony from having access to the technology or because its own Kinect “Project Natal” technology is still rough around the edges

http://www.unthinkable.biz/games/article/2085/microsoft-buys-rival-company-to-underlying-kinect-technology-

Also a very innovative move by Microsoft.

''Welcome to the world of competition'', I guess sony methods are very cleaner..., ok ...sony buy medimolecule for stop access of litlebig-planet.?

please,..lol

Im sorry, did Media Molecule developed a game similar to LittleBigPlanet for xbox 360 before ???

Ronster316 said:

Sega, Nintendo & Microsoft............. TRUE innovators.

Bottom line_____________________

Everything that sony allegedly innovated had been done long before they came on the scene........

Oh, ok, you win, i'll give sony credit for one innovation....... the walkman back in the 80's..... Congratulations.

Same with Microsoft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA

Around the Network

As usual, the VGC community continues to disappoint me.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

Stop criticizing us, hot boob lady.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

huaxiong90 said:

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
dtewi said:
huaxiong90 said:

Stop criticizing us, hot boob lady.

Lol. But seriously, is it so hard to have a decent discussion? Never mind the fact that the OP is bad enough as it is.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Hold on one small minute! Didn't Sony haver this technology years ago? I seem to remember it being released on the PS2 with the eye toy!