By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is "World's MOST Innovative Company"

I agree that Kinect is extremely innovative, but giving the award to MS because of Kinect is idiocity. MS didn't invent Kinect. They didn't even fund the research for the initial development. Hell, they weren't even the ones who came up with the idea (and NO I'm not referring to Sony). Last I remember, the people who DID make Kinect even tried pitching the technology to other companies first and went to MS last. This makes MS innovative? 

Give the credit to the people who pushed the technology into motion gaming, not the company that wrote them a paycheck. 

Around the Network

yep kinect is easily the most inoti...oh wait...nah no its not ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

psrock said:

MS biggest invention: Marketing

I disagree. Microsoft's biggest invention is OEM licensing.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm still waiting for someone to say MS paid them to give them that award.  Anyone?

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

Microsoft, after many many years turned the media for their favour!!! The 3D camera is really working!!!

Around the Network

MS paid them to give them that award.

-I only said it because of peer pressure. :'(

Ivan Pavlov would love this thread.

dtewi said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
dtewi said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
dtewi said:

Yeah, it is pretty innovative.

Too bad Microsoft didn't make it first.

Microsoft didn't make what first?  Windows phone? Kinect? Windows 7?

I'm not following your logic

The tech behind Kinect... and in essence Kinect itself.

Sony's Eyetoy? Do you remember that?

No i never owned an eyetoy...but i have heard of them.  They seems cool but nothing like kinect

ever heard of an atari video game system?

Ya know the one sony and nintendo copied? 

They're exactly like Kinect.So the the idea that Kinect is innovative isn't true.

this is so wrong and another sony mantra. "Sony did it first, Sony did it first" taking about games "There is no Kinect, There is no Kinect"

In reference to this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3833295

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

INNOVATION BABY!!!! woooh!!!

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

Kinect is a monumental step in video games and technology in general and it's good to see Microsoft get the credit it deserves.  The Microsoft haters sadly can't see what Microsoft has really done and the massive impact it will have on almost all future technology.