By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is "World's MOST Innovative Company"

oh and just to make sure, Sony doesn't copy them, Microsoft also recently bought  Canesta, the company behind Eyetoy.

Microsoft this week bought Canesta, the company which provided the gesture control technology behind the Sony Eyetoy – and immediately set the gaming community arguing over whether it was to stop Sony from having access to the technology or because its own Kinect “Project Natal” technology is still rough around the edges

http://www.unthinkable.biz/games/article/2085/microsoft-buys-rival-company-to-underlying-kinect-technology-

Also a very innovative move by Microsoft.

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network

Windows Phone 7 is innovative? I hear you can't even multitask.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

PizzaFaceGamer said:

It has gotten to the point where I feel sorry for companies trying to compete with them

Sad coments cause sad faces.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

some people in this thread seem to think microsoft is a small company that only makes game systems.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

fighter said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/233594.asp

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10953596/1/10-top-innovative-companies.html

You might argue Apple's launch of the iPad was huge -- it was, and will continue to change computing -- but when you think about it, the iPad is essentially just a giant iPod Touch. You might think the wild success of Android, or the introduction of Google TV, would rocket the Internet giant to the top of the list -- but neither was truly groundbreaking this year. And sure, Ford expanded its installations Sync (which, by the way, runs on Microsoft Windows Embedded) to millions of vehicles, but in-car infotainment is nothing new.

But a compact and affordable system by which people can use full-body gestures and voice commands to control Xbox games and other software? Yeah, that's pretty innovative.

Wow Microsoft is really putting out some impressive technology this year

It has gotten to the point where I feel sorry for companies trying to compete with them

Honestly this is the kind of pointless statement that basically gets everyone pissed off.

I agree with you. That is definately flamebait, and if he gets away with it, I will make a sony based statement that is similar. Or I will just ignore it depending on my mood.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I wonder how Eyetoy (or even the Xbox Live Vision Camera) feel about this.....if they were alive......and not high on PCP.

Don't you mean PVC? Those vinyl affictionardos must be high on something.

Tease.

MrBubbles said:

some people in this thread seem to think microsoft is a small company that only makes game systems.

Yeah. That's why they only mentioned Kinect.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
fighter said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

You might argue Apple's launch of the iPad was huge -- it was, and will continue to change computing -- but when you think about it, the iPad is essentially just a giant iPod Touch. You might think the wild success of Android, or the introduction of Google TV, would rocket the Internet giant to the top of the list -- but neither was truly groundbreaking this year. And sure, Ford expanded its installations Sync (which, by the way, runs on Microsoft Windows Embedded) to millions of vehicles, but in-car infotainment is nothing new.

But a compact and affordable system by which people can use full-body gestures and voice commands to control Xbox games and other software? Yeah, that's pretty innovative.

Honestly this is the kind of pointless statement that basically gets everyone pissed off.

No need to get pissed off, it's a true assessment of reality.

Microsoft pretty much has unlimited money (compared to other companies) so yes, I do feel sorry for companies trying to compete against that bankroll....it's not fair

And still the Wii has 32M more sales than the 360. I wonder why that is.

????????????????????... and?

Americant_heroxbox said:
dtewi said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
fighter said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

No need to get pissed off, it's a true assessment of reality.

Microsoft pretty much has unlimited money (compared to other companies) so yes, I do feel sorry for companies trying to compete against that bankroll....it's not fair

And still the Wii has 32M more sales than the 360. I wonder why that is.

????????????????????... and?

My point is just because MS has unlimited money doesn't mean that they have an advantage as he is saying. He doesn't have to feel sorry for anything.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

abroZ said:

oh and just to make sure, Sony doesn't copy them, Microsoft also recently bought  Canesta, the company behind Eyetoy.

Microsoft this week bought Canesta, the company which provided the gesture control technology behind the Sony Eyetoy – and immediately set the gaming community arguing over whether it was to stop Sony from having access to the technology or because its own Kinect “Project Natal” technology is still rough around the edges

http://www.unthinkable.biz/games/article/2085/microsoft-buys-rival-company-to-underlying-kinect-technology-

Also a very innovative move by Microsoft.

''Welcome to the world of competition'', I guess sony methods are very cleaner..., ok ...sony buy medimolecule for stop access of litlebig-planet.?

please,..lol