By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Titanic or Avatar?

Titanic or Avatar?

Titanic 94 55.29%

Total:170

Titanic is better, Avatar looks amazing though.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Titanic. I think Kate Winslet is a good actress.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Can't decide right now.  While I really did like Avatar when  I saw it in 3D theaters, I need to see it again to see how the movie holds up.  Also, I saw Titanic two months ago on TBS and I just don't see why people seem to like to hate on it like it is the worst thing in the world.  I have a feeling that people are only hating on Titanic because it grossed so much money and won best picture.  I think the movie had the unfortunate circumstance of people expecting the second coming of jesus instead of being treated for its own merits.  Also, hate on the romance in the movie all you want, but it is still much better executed than the romance in the Michael Bay directed, Randall Wallace written Pearl Harbor. 

Kennyheart said:
benao87 said:

Avatar, but that was my worst film this year, so...yeah.

you mean last year? and I guess you didn't see new moon or after last season.

Nah, last year was crazy, one had to buy the tickets in advance. Then I waited :)

Avatar, I still refuse to watch Titanic. The ship sinks. Why the hell would I waste my money when I know this ahead time?

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

I thought titanic was better. The only thing Avatar has going for it is the amazing tech used to make the movie. Otherwise  the story was a typical one. I swear the story in Avatar is based on Planet of the Apes. The only thing I was thinking of when I was watching Avatatr was Planet of the Apes. I guess Titanic was more unique for me at the the time.

But the best movie is still Inception :)

Actually it is based on Pocahontas. Pure rip off lol. 

Cobretti2 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I thought titanic was better. The only thing Avatar has going for it is the amazing tech used to make the movie. Otherwise  the story was a typical one. I swear the story in Avatar is based on Planet of the Apes. The only thing I was thinking of when I was watching Avatatr was Planet of the Apes. I guess Titanic was more unique for me at the the time.

oh yeah! I forgot about that lol

SpartenOmega117 said:
Cobretti2 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

but pocahontas is a rip off of dances with wolfs.And I don't see anything wrong if 2 movies have simiar stories as long as they tell the story well and they did.Titanic is a boring piece of shit.

I like movies based on real events and that's why I think both Avatar and Titanic are awesome.

But I have to go with Titanic as it had a deeper story and I felt more involved with the character's emotions.

Kennyheart said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Cobretti2 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

but pocahontas is a rip off of dances with wolfs.And I don't see anything wrong if 2 movies have simiar stories as long as they tell the story well and they did.Titanic is a boring piece of shit.

Don't see how Titanic is boring. It stayed interesting throughout.