By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! IGN named the Wii winner of consoles in 2010

95% of the commentors that I have read over there, bout like 50, would be banned here, just sayin'.

Around the Network

Cannot be. It must be casual games related, isn't it?

It's a trap!

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Siko1989 said:
Juma009 said:
MrT-Tar said:
hiroko said:

hmm realy weird wii had only like 3 a 4 games  ex this year as of ps3 had soo many great ex games

fron trinity universe to yakuza to modnation to mag to gt5 to WKC to god of war 3

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

No More Heroes 2

Monster Hunter 3 (For PAL and US)

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Kirby Epic Yarn (For Japan and US)

Xenoblade (for Japan)

Rune Factory Frontier (For PAL)

Wii Party

Metroid Other M

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies (for US and PAL)

Metroid Other M

Zangeki no Reinglev (for Japan)

Epic Mickey

Bit Trip Runner

yeah totally 'like 3 or 4 games'.

Red Steel 2? or was that 2009 I might be wrong here.

that was released in March 2010...

Of course the list is not anywhere near complete, but what about Goldeneye...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Juma009 said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Juma009 said:

I was shocked to read this, specially since IGN isn't very "Nintendo Friendly" most of the time, In my opinion anyway. this here is the article

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1141610p1.html

Although Its hard to deny the year the Wii had, and I'm not saying this as a nintendo fanboy, The Wii had a superb year.

Oh please, the IGN Nintendo team are total fanboys.  How else would they have given Metroid Other M the high score that it got?

You really think so? Because I visit IGN very often and I find a lot of articles that sound very Anti-Nintendo, just last week they had an article that pretty much said that a "Wii2 was needed right away" and regarding Metroid The Other M score they gave it an 8.5, wasn't a great score It's a good game maybe not great and it didn't meet expectation but no serious gamer could ever call MTOM a "bad" game. unlees of course you haven't played it.

I'm a very serious gamer on all fronts, and I called Other M a bad game.  It's brainless, shallow, destroys the character of Samus, and is like a heartless joke version of a real Metroid game.  No atmosphere, microscopic areas, totally neutered exploration, no new items, and one of the most absurdly bad stories in recent memory.  Fuck, I wish I'd have played through Ninja Gaiden II before Other M, then I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so high--but then, it was a Metroid game, why wouldn't I have high expectations?

I recently finished Ninja Gaiden II, well, let me just put it this way:  I could write a list of all the worst cliches in gaming, or I could just point to Ninja Gaiden II.  Frankly, I think Team Ninja just relies on time-worn cliches to make their games.  Laughable sex appeal, nonsensical anime storylines, shallow unlikable characters, mindless button-mashing gameplay, etc.  For every step forward games like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Borderlands, and Heavy Rain (among others) make, developers like Team Ninja take a cliche 666 steps back.

But yeah, I think IGN's Nintendo team is pretty fanboyish.  I mean 8.5 for Other M?  I wouldn't go higher than 6.  Wii 2 needed right away?  Eh, it seems like most of the stuff on the Nintendo channels at IGN these days are nonsense articles and editorials.  Meanwhile, all the other channels have, you know, reviews and stuff.