By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! IGN named the Wii winner of consoles in 2010

Well I hope Nintendo wins they deserve it and the VGA's did Nintendo a great dis-justice. Nintendo needs to be praised for giving hardcore gamers such a good year.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

hmm realy weird wii had only like 3 a 4 games  ex this year as of ps3 had soo many great ex games

fron trinity universe to yakuza to modnation to mag to gt5 to WKC to god of war 3

hiroko said:

hmm realy weird wii had only like 3 a 4 games  ex this year as of ps3 had soo many great ex games

fron trinity universe to yakuza to modnation to mag to gt5 to WKC to god of war 3

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

No More Heroes 2

Monster Hunter 3 (For PAL and US)

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Kirby Epic Yarn (For Japan and US)

Xenoblade (for Japan)

Rune Factory Frontier (For PAL)

Wii Party

Metroid Other M

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies (for US and PAL)

Metroid Other M

Zangeki no Reinglev (for Japan)

Epic Mickey

Bit Trip Runner

yeah totally 'like 3 or 4 games'.

MrT-Tar said:

The comments on the article make me want to facepalm

I'm not even going to bother looking because I can't stand IGN, but I can imagine all the colourful and provocative words exchanged in the comments section.

well I think it is accurate account of exclusives in 2010.

I can't wait to see what the other categories are.

Next is most variety. my tip is on Wii or PS3 for that one.

Around the Network

I read the comments in that article, WAYY too many fanboys. People need to grow the crap up and relise that the Wii had th ebest exclusives this year. I think the PS3 will win this year, but the Wii got it this year. Now if only the fanboys will understand.

Juma009 said:

I was shocked to read this, specially since IGN isn't very "Nintendo Friendly" most of the time, In my opinion anyway. this here is the article

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1141610p1.html

Although Its hard to deny the year the Wii had, and I'm not saying this as a nintendo fanboy, The Wii had a superb year.

Oh please, the IGN Nintendo team are total fanboys.  How else would they have given Metroid Other M the high score that it got?

MrT-Tar said:

The comments on the article make me want to facepalm

Do it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Resident_Hazard said:
Juma009 said:

I was shocked to read this, specially since IGN isn't very "Nintendo Friendly" most of the time, In my opinion anyway. this here is the article

Although Its hard to deny the year the Wii had, and I'm not saying this as a nintendo fanboy, The Wii had a superb year.

Oh please, the IGN Nintendo team are total fanboys.  How else would they have given Metroid Other M the high score that it got?

As infathomable as that may be to some people (and you're hardly alone in your perspective), some people honestly enjoyed Other M for reasons other than fanboyism, whether it be to Nintendo, Metroid, or Sakamoto himself.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Resident_Hazard said:
Juma009 said:

You really think so? Because I visit IGN very often and I find a lot of articles that sound very Anti-Nintendo, just last week they had an article that pretty much said that a "Wii2 was needed right away" and regarding Metroid The Other M score they gave it an 8.5, wasn't a great score It's a good game maybe not great and it didn't meet expectation but no serious gamer could ever call MTOM a "bad" game. unlees of course you haven't played it.