By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Guerilla Games IP, an FPS, with a twist?

Guerrilla Games’  managing director and co-founder, Hermen Hulst, sort of indirectly confirmed that they are working on another IP that has nothing to with Killzone. We, here at Next Gen News, have reasons to believe that Guerrilla Games’ new IP has more to do with the Killzone than is known.

If you visit Guerrilla Games official website and take a look at the careers section you will find that they are currently looking to recruit new people to their team. They even drop little hints to exactly what this new project is:

Lead FX Artist
Guerrilla is looking for a Dumbledore amongst FX Artists – someone with the sage-like leadership abilities and clairvoyant organizational skills to drive a project’s vision, and inspire other FX wizardsto achieve new heights. As our Lead FX Artist, you will be in charge of defining and delivering the visual and artistic effects for our games. You will set the example for all FX team apprentices, helping to continually raise the quality of every project within the studio.

Plusses

We especially want to hear from you if:

• You possess knowledge creating destructible content for AAA first-person shooters.
  • You have a passion for developing games, and especially for first-person shooters.

Concept Artist
Guerrilla is on an epic quest for a Concept Artist with an architectural or industrial design background. Like a modern-day Daedalus, you will design complex environments to contain themonsters and ensnare the heroes of our flagship titles. You will supply highly detailed blueprints and asset designs for these environments to the production artists, and work with the Visual Design Team to create an original, consistent game world. Since you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are a must for this role.
Requirements
Are you the heroic Concept Artist spoken of in legend? We want to hear from you if:

• You’re passionate about – and have good knowledge of – industrial design, graphical design,

Senior Game Designer
Guerrilla Games is looking to add a battle-hardened Senior Game Designer to its ranks for an upcoming project. If you’re recruited, you will play a pivotal role in formulating the game design and guarding the game’s vision. You will also act as a mentorproblem solver and source of bravery and inspiration for your fellow troops.

Senior Game Coder

Being a Senior Game Coder at Guerrilla is like being a little god: you’re responsible for laying the foundation for an entire game world. As part of an agile team of designers and artists, you invent ways to break complex game features down into logical systems which are easy to develop and maintain. You prove these features by building and refining prototypes of your systems, making sure they add to the overall believability of the game world. You also assist and encourage other departments to get the most out of the systems you create.

Hmmm. Wizards, brave battle-hardened warriors, heroes and monsters, and legends? Perhaps I am looking too deeply into this but Guerrilla Games sure seems to have some kind of theme in their advertisement. Could their new IP be a medieval based first person shooter with a role-playing twist? You can pretty much count on it being a first person shooter game – would be kind of stupid of them not too get good use out of the beast of an engine that Killzone 3 is running.

Also, all the criticism Guerrilla Games got about Killzone being grey, dull, and lifeless could have inspired them to create the complete opposite, a magically colourful medieval based first person shooter, just to prove the power of their wares.

I am sure we will be hearing a lot about this up and coming IP in the new year – until then let your imaginations run wild and speculate away!

http://www.nextgn.com/2010/12/27/new-guerrilla-games-ip-a-first-person-shooter-with-a-twist/

Does SONY's studios ever take a break? I am sure as all hell happy that they don't!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

:D andddddd they keep coming

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

As much as i like the sound of this, and i think GG is a very talented studio, i wouldve like them to have done a 3rd person shooter from them next, but i'm sure whatever they have up their sleeve it will be excellent. on the plus side this could mean that Killzone 3 is in post production.

Cool.

I dont know about another shooter, would have liked to see them spread their wings a bit. Hopefully though it will be along the lines of something like Morrowind or STALKER. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

this is TRUE

A new studio was opened by guerilla games some time ago for this

I hope it is a super fast paced shooter like Unreal Tournament mixed with some Bulletstorm style.

I would jizz.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

snakenobi said:

this is TRUE

A new studio was opened by guerilla games some time ago for this

Sony let's 1st party studios open their own studios? 

Never knew. That is awesome! Guerilla Games was a HUGE development team to begin with. Better off having 2 instead of 1.

Currently playing:

Complete nonesense article if you ask me.

I`m so happy with my recent PS3 purchase! The quality of Sony's first party studio's was just too hard to ignore.