By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What were the old features missing on the site redesign?

What were the old features missing on the site redesign?

Boooo, the old VGCHartz is much better! 9 40.91%

I'm good without the missing fatures! 1 4.55%

When they come back we'l... 1 4.55%

The new members are the p... 6 27.27%

Isn't that guy who trick... 2 9.09%

Oh no, someone please ban this dude again! 3 13.64%

Total:22

So I haven't been in the site for long, and  I only really became active since June, but I have heard a lot of complains on the foruns about missing feature of the site, and I wanted to know what were those features in the old site that aren't on this new version. Plus bonus questions:

Were they really so important?

Will they come back?

Would you become more active if they returned?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

First thought: Directly commenting below the weekly charts.

Vas-y said:

First thought: Directly commenting below the weekly charts.

But we have the week thread? Isn't that enough?

I was just trying to remember the "lost" features - without judgement.

The discussions on the weekly pages were always very interesting. They were also one of the key reasons people signed up, I have absolutely no idea why they were removed.

I really miss the "DYI charts" that VGChartz had too. I still remember how awesome it was when they came along during VGChartz 1.0. I also kind of miss the "monthly" charts, as they were nice for comparing how titles had done across the year. As of now, comparing two time periods of sales for software titles is a bit of a hassle.

I kind of miss having the games release data on the same page as their sales too, rather than having to change between different pages to see them. I also miss the shipment data from pre-2007, I don't see why they were removed either.

There's also the Insant Messenger, although I never used that too much.

It's still a brilliant site, but large parts of what made it awesome disappeared when the DYI charts and comments on the weekly page were removed.

Around the Network
Pineapple said:

The discussions on the weekly pages were always very interesting. They were also one of the key reasons people signed up, I have absolutely no idea why they were removed.

I really miss the "DYI charts" that VGChartz had too. I still remember how awesome it was when they came along during VGChartz 1.0. I also kind of miss the "monthly" charts, as they were nice for comparing how titles had done across the year. As of now, comparing two time periods of sales for software titles is a bit of a hassle.

I kind of miss having the games release data on the same page as their sales too, rather than having to change between different pages to see them. I also miss the shipment data from pre-2007, I don't see why they were removed either.

It's still a brilliant site, but large parts of what made it awesome disappeared when the DYI charts and comments on the weekly page were removed.

What are those DYI charts you talk about? Do Yourself It? :P

Beuli2 said:
Pineapple said:

Oh, right. DIY. I don't know why I keep saying DYI, it looks prettier, I guess.

Are you actually wondering about what they are, though?

I miss being able to look for older threads easily and browsing peoples posts (I used to read an entire person's post history--now you can only view about five at a time).

VGChartz IM, new entries in the Brett/ioi game series, and attention seeking women like Gballzack and Girl Gamer Elite are among the "features" that I miss.

Pineapple said:
Beuli2 said:
Pineapple said:

Oh, right. DIY. I don't know why I keep saying DYI, it looks prettier, I guess.

Are you actually wondering about what they are, though?

Yes. Are they pretty?

the COMMUNITY FEELING

the dark theme

the all in one package site