By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Press Conference Thread (It Starts At 12:00 AM)

Rob-Ot said:
psrock said:
Rob-Ot said:
psrock said:

Why wouldn't people be waiting for the next FF when you guys are craving JRPG so much,  some of you have fallen in love over a game none of you have played, know the story or read one review about.

I actually feel bad for the game because people are expecting a masterpiece out of an new IP. 

Because the latest FF games have ranged from bad to mediocre.

You just described JRPG's period. It's an old and boring genre that people are craving a new direction, And I still haven't seen the game that's going to change people's mind.

Seeing TLS, the first game that came to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3UC0hIJSxw&feature=related

This is why The Last Story is special. The battle system is the most innovative in JRPG gaming since Final Fantasy IV on the SNES.

What's so innovative about it. And don't almost every JRPG have their special battle system?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
jarrod said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Boutros said:
Kenology said:
MrT-Tar said:

People are saying this is graphically the same as FFXII, seriously?

I wouldn't say this is leaps and bounds graphically ahead, but it is without a doubt better looking from a graphical perspective.

People just had to come in here and troll... you know how it is.

Eh, I guess you haven't read the thread because you'd know that the comparaison to FFXII started because someone said The Last Story had the same graphics as FFXIII but in SD. So based on your logic, he trolled FFXIII.

Someone thought ff13 looked the same as last story but in sd? O.o they fail :P

Agreed.  TLS has WAY better art. :P

lol the art of TLS is my biggest problem with it XD It just looks so dull (the art style not the gameplay) ff13's has a couple of moments which im never going o forget :P

Oh yes, the ending where I literally stood up from my chair and screamed "WTF! LAME AS SHIT ENDING!" I'll never forget that moment.

I liked it to f**k you :D

The best moments were the ones with Lighting beating shit up and Army of One. You are talking to a person that owns both the NA version and the Asian Version of the game btw.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Jumpin said:
psrock said:
Why wouldn't people be waiting for the next FF when you guys are craving JRPG so much,  some of you have fallen in love over a game none of you have played, know the story or read one review about.

I actually feel bad for the game because people are expecting a masterpiece out of an new IP. 

There is a 90 minute live demonstration of the game which shows off its battle system, walking around towns, dialogue, interaction with other people in the town. As well as a lot of the different sorts of things that can be done in battle (the battle system looks WAY cooler than anything yet seen in an RPG). it is also being made by the guy who created Final Fantasy, and worked on FF1-10, as well as Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, and many other critically acclaimed titles. That is why there is all this hype for it now.

Don't give Sakaguchi credit for Xenogears. Thats Tetsuya Takahashi's masterpiece and the best game of all time. 

...have you actually played it yet?

10 times and if your going to complain about Disc 2. Final Fantasy VIII is fully responsible for that as the game was over budget and Square-Enix took budget out of Xenogears development and gave it to the FFVIII team.

Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Jumpin said:
psrock said:

There is a 90 minute live demonstration of the game which shows off its battle system, walking around towns, dialogue, interaction with other people in the town. As well as a lot of the different sorts of things that can be done in battle (the battle system looks WAY cooler than anything yet seen in an RPG). it is also being made by the guy who created Final Fantasy, and worked on FF1-10, as well as Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, and many other critically acclaimed titles. That is why there is all this hype for it now.

Don't give Sakaguchi credit for Xenogears. Thats Tetsuya Takahashi's masterpiece and the best game of all time. 

10 times and if your going to complain about Disc 2. Final Fantasy VIII is fully responsible for that as the game was over budget and Square-Enix took budget out of Xenogears development and gave it to the FFVIII team.

Ah before you go on another rant mission i thought you said xenoblades ^^ As for the budget part im glad they did :3

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
jarrod said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Boutros said:
Kenology said:
MrT-Tar said:

People are saying this is graphically the same as FFXII, seriously?

I wouldn't say this is leaps and bounds graphically ahead, but it is without a doubt better looking from a graphical perspective.

People just had to come in here and troll... you know how it is.

Eh, I guess you haven't read the thread because you'd know that the comparaison to FFXII started because someone said The Last Story had the same graphics as FFXIII but in SD. So based on your logic, he trolled FFXIII.

Someone thought ff13 looked the same as last story but in sd? O.o they fail :P

Agreed.  TLS has WAY better art. :P

lol the art of TLS is my biggest problem with it XD It just looks so dull (the art style not the gameplay) ff13's has a couple of moments which im never going o forget :P

Oh yes, the ending where I literally stood up from my chair and screamed "WTF! LAME AS SHIT ENDING!" I'll never forget that moment.

I liked it to f**k you :D

The best moments were the ones with Lighting beating shit up and Army of One. You are talking to a person that owns both the NA version and the Asian Version of the game btw.

Lightning <3 . One of the redeeming features of FF13, she deserved a much much better game. Hopefully she does similar things in Dissidia Duoedecim.

Around the Network
psrock said:

Square Enix makes Dagron Quest, so why would they care?

No they don't Yuji Horii owns the full rights to it himself SE only have a contract with him to publish his games, DQ games are developed by his Armor studio who collaborate with other devs like L5 which is why L5 have been a consistent figure in DQ's development. Horii at any moment could decide he won't renew his contract which is why FF declining should be taken more seriously by them.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Jumpin said:
psrock said:

Ah before you go on another rant mission i thought you said xenoblades ^^ As for the budget part im glad they did :3

Rant mission haha. No I haven't played xenoblade, hopefully Nintendo will localize it, then I will be able to take the piss out of Final Fantasy in Xenoblade threads too haha. (only joking)

Wyrdness said:
psrock said:

Square Enix makes Dagron Quest, so why would they care?

No they don't Yuji Horii owns the full rights to it himself SE only have a contract with him to publish his games, DQ games are developed by his Armor studio who collaborate with other devs like L5 which is why L5 have been a consistent figure in DQ's development. Horii at any moment could decide he won't renew his contract which is why FF declining should be taken more seriously by them.

Who takes in the money when Dragon Quest does well?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Rob-Ot said:
psrock said:
Rob-Ot said:
psrock said:

Because the latest FF games have ranged from bad to mediocre.

You just described JRPG's period. It's an old and boring genre that people are craving a new direction, And I still haven't seen the game that's going to change people's mind.

Seeing TLS, the first game that came to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3UC0hIJSxw&feature=related

This is why The Last Story is special. The battle system is the most innovative in JRPG gaming since Final Fantasy IV on the SNES.

What's so innovative about it. And don't almost every JRPG have their special battle system?

It made the Active Time Battle system, a core entity in almost every Final Fantasy game from then onwards. Then Final Fantasy V made the job system excellent (III had it, but III was a mediocre game even for its time).

jarrod said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

I can argue about graphics and i am. yh galaxy might have some slightly better textures but the scale of god of war 2 (which i regard as graphics) crushes galaxy to an inch of its life. fact.

Even that's arguable really, Galaxy's draw distance is insane and goes well beyond GOW's (admittedly massive at times) set pieces.  Scale's one thing Galaxy does really well too honestly, though it's segmented outer world design sort of favors that.  

Seriously, God of War 3 had some nice epic scale with high quality assets, God of War 2's scale doesnot come with SMG's quality of scale by a long shot, we are talking miles of difference here, it's a good game, but it's not going to beat SMG on a tech level due to it being like comparing the Wii to a PS3 in power.