By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Was Final Fantasy XIII worth all the fuss? No"- Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5716674/was-all-that-final-fantasy-xiii-fuss-worth-it

I totally agree. Not only did the game suck, but the marketing plan sucked as well. The 360 release was horrible not even making the top 20. Japans HD console of choice is the PS3 and its about time Microsoft got used to that idea.

Around the Network

The fanboy battles and meltfowns over the exclusitivity is stupid. The game is fantastic but people need to understand that from a business standpoint another console gives the opportunity to give more sales. It has got like 1.7M 360 sales which is GOOD. I wouldn't be suprised if Versus went multi. With the recent 90% profit cut you can bet your ass its coming.

Wagram said:

The fanboy battles and meltfowns over the exclusitivity is stupid. The game is fantastic but people need to understand that from a business standpoint another console gives the opportunity to give more sales. It has got like 1.7M 360 sales which is GOOD. I wouldn't be suprised if Versus went multi. With the recent 90% profit cut you can bet your ass its coming.

Even if the game was exclusive it would still be nothing to go crazy over. That Final Fantasy was an insult to JRPG fans everywhere. This is why I vow this gen to buy Sakaguchi only titles this gen aside from Versus. Lost Odyssey was my FF this gen so far and The Last Story will be enjoyed on my friends Wii. No Original XIII character better show their face in Versus. From the backlash SE has received in Japan over exclusivity, I highly doubt it will get a multiplat release. I think this title will  be strictly PS3 to get the most out of the hardware which SE promised. There hasn't been a true PS3 exclusive that harnessed the PS3's power. This should be interesting to see. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wagram said:

Even if the game was exclusive it would still be nothing to go crazy over. That Final Fantasy was an insult to JRPG fans everywhere. This is why I vow this gen to buy Sakaguchi only titles this gen aside from Versus. No Original XIII character better show their face in that game. From the backlash SE has received in Japan over exclusivity, I highly doubt it will get a multiplat release. I think this title will  be strictly PS3 to get the most out of the hardware which SE promised. There hasn't been a true PS3 exclusive that harnessed the PS3's power. This should be interesting to see. 

This Final Fantasy just won user's choice best Japanese RPG on this web site. Its inaccurate to say FFXIII is an insult to all FF fans, it obviously isn't, many people I know love it.

I personally think Final Fantasy has been mediocre starting with FFX and reaching an all time low with FF12.

Personally i dont even think it quaifies as a game, some people have compared it to a trashy soap opera, filled with running in straight line and pressing X. the developers themselves have said, its not an RPG and more of an FPS.

i think fans believe that they are protecting the name FInal Fantasy and Square Enix by defending FF13, they dont realise this is NOT Sakaguchis Final Fantasy, its something that was made without regard for RPGs and disregard for fans of the series.

fans should realise that if they continue to support those particular developers, all we're going to get is another FF13, and the series we've loved for the last 20 years will be reduced to nothing. as it has been reduced to an soap opera in FF13. Sakaguchi wouldve never allowed Final Fantasy to turn into this, and The Last Story will prove that imho.

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wagram said:

Even if the game was exclusive it would still be nothing to go crazy over. That Final Fantasy was an insult to JRPG fans everywhere. This is why I vow this gen to buy Sakaguchi only titles this gen aside from Versus. No Original XIII character better show their face in that game. From the backlash SE has received in Japan over exclusivity, I highly doubt it will get a multiplat release. I think this title will  be strictly PS3 to get the most out of the hardware which SE promised. There hasn't been a true PS3 exclusive that harnessed the PS3's power. This should be interesting to see. 

This Final Fantasy just won user's choice best Japanese RPG on this web site. Its inaccurate to say FFXIII is an insult to all FF fans, it obviously isn't, many people I know love it.

I personally think Final Fantasy has been mediocre starting with FFX and reaching an all time low with FF12.

Yeah... it triumphed over... over... over... nothing, what other JRPGs were released this year? RoF?

Also, when a game sells a lot it tends to win reader polls.

FFXIII sucks, worse game in the series, it's the worst PS3 game that I own.
It fucking sucks, it sucking fucks, it fucking blows, it's a piece of shit

And I don't like it.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

A203D said:

Personally i dont even think it quaifies as a game, some people have compared it to a trashy soap opera, filled with running in straight line and pressing X. the developers themselves have said, its not an RPG and more of an FPS.

i think fans believe that they are protecting the name FInal Fantasy and Square Enix by defending FF13, they dont realise this is NOT Sakaguchis Final Fantasy, its something that was made without regard for RPGs and disregard for fans of the series.

fans should realise that if they continue to support those particular developers, all we're going to get is another FF13, and the series we've loved for the last 20 years will be reduced to nothing. as it has been reduced to an soap opera in FF13. Sakaguchi wouldve never allowed Final Fantasy to turn into this, and The Last Story will prove that imho.

Thats how I felt about Final Fantasy X all those years ago but for some reason many fans praised it.

They just got another one of that now, I completely hold Final Fantasy X responsible for Final Fantasy XIII.

RageBot said:
Rob-Ot said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wagram said:

Yeah... it triumphed over... over... over... nothing, what other JRPGs were released this year? RoF?

Also, when a game sells a lot it tends to win reader polls.

FFXIII sucks, worse game in the series, it's the worst PS3 game that I own.
It fucking sucks, it sucking fucks, it fucking blows, it's a piece of shit

And I don't like it.

I'm just saying there are many people who like it even if I don't think much of it. That poll was for overall all consoles, so it was up against hand held JRPG's too.

Sure you hate it that much, I just think its mediocre, like FFX, but doesn't suck like FFXII. I do know many people who found it very enjoyable though so I can't accept "everyone" is insulted by the game.

blah blah blah. yet another thread complaining about FFXIII.

so fucking happy it's the best selling JRPG on both consoles and of the generation.

perpride said:

blah blah blah. yet another thread complaining about FFXIII.

so fucking happy it's the best selling JRPG on both consoles and of the generation.

It doesn't deserve to be. Since your avatar has one of the few redeeming features of the game I'll hold back a big rant on how I don't understand why Final Fantasy still sells so well.