By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF XIII 360 version All-time lowest FF debut in japan

XanderZane said:
TT Makaveli said:

i just wanna know what SE expected with this release...i mean Xbox is dead in Japan...why release this game in Japan on the 360?plus again lying to the PS base "yeah FF XIII is PS3 exclusive in Japan"...yeah yeah heard comments like this a hundred times...

The XBox 360 isn't dead in Japan. It sold more then 2X's what the original Xbox sold. That's not DEAD, that's called GROWTH. A little research next time... heh?

Anyway, I agree with everything you are saying. SquareEnix original said FF XIII PS3 exclusive in Japan. I was fine with that since the game got delayed due to the XBox 360 version getting made. No problem. So they lied about that. Then they slap XBox 360 gamers (& PS3 gamers too) in the face by releasing a year old game on the XBox 360. Bad enough the game wasn't anything special, but why release it NOW? It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. That would be like Apple releasing the IPad in U.S. only and then 2 years later (after new models are out) releasing it in Europe & Japan. Just dumb.

So microsoft went from being dead in japan, to near death? 

What can I say, it makes me laugh.

Around the Network

So the real question should be 'was the probable 1 year exclusivity money hat worth it'?

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
alfredofroylan said:

So Japan finally realise how bad FF XIII is??

Were you there when the game came out? It got a bucket load of negative feedback from JPN gamers.

Excellent signature. Unlike FFXIII, The Last Remnant was a good game. 8,800 units is too many for the atrocity known as FFXIII.

People bought FFXIII on PS3 the first week then realized it sucked and got rid of it. Now one year later, it is released on a dead platform (in Japan), guess people realized that its still bad and didn't buy it. I would have suspected more though as most big new 360 releases at least sell like 20k.

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:

Not the lowest... some Enterbrain debut numbers which are close or lower...

• Final Fantasy X (Mega Hits) (PS2) 8,861
  • Final Fantasy X (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) 4,702
  • Final Fantasy X / X-2 Ultimate Box (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) 4,756
  • Final Fantasy XI: Online (All-In One Pack 2006) (360) 4,561
  • Final Fantasy XII (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) 1,100
  • Final Fantasy III (Ultimate Hits) (DS) 4,819
  • Final Fantasy IV (Ultimate Hits) (DS) 2,700
...and lots of FF reissues didn't even rank 1st week (meaning outside top 30)...
  • Final Fantasy VII International (PSOne Books) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Books) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy X International (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 International plus Last Mission (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy VII International (Ultimate Hits) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (Ultimate Hits) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy IX (Ultimate Hits) (PS) 
  • Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (Ultimate Hits) (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition (Ultimate Hits) (PSP)
...every other "All-In" FFXI releases on PS2/360 did around 3-6k first week too (there were a LOT and I didn't feel like putting them all).
Actually, it looks like FFXIIIi is really the best selling Ultimate Hits debut for the series. :P

ALL OF THEM ARE RELEASED IN THE SAME PLATFORM FF XIII made a 360 debut 

FFXIII didn't make a 360 debut.  FFXIII International Ultimate Hits did.  Yeah, there's a difference...

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:

How many threads we will need on that?

Enough to reassure the OP and his buddies that 360 is doing bad in Japan.

Hellz yeah x360 setting records where ever it goes I likez it.

BadF***ingButters said:

Hellz yeah x360 setting records where ever it goes I likez it.

Only since 2005!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

GuiltySpartan77 said:

was this supposed to be a surprise i mean everyone should of seen this coming it was pretty obvious from the start. Japan= Sony Territory so that obviously meant that the game was going to do terrible one year after the fact it came out. 

Everyone knew it will be bad but almost everyone expected at least 5 digit sales numbers.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

it did crap ohh well.