By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF XIII 360 version All-time lowest FF debut in japan

wow, I didnt even realize it came out already.

Anyways, that must have left a deep mark.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Ugh, terrible decision making by Square Enix. I really don't understand why they would do that in the first place. It's like they don't understand the trends of their own marketplace.

What I want from a game.

Gameplay > Story > Content > Graphics

Visual Style > Graphics

Smooth Camera, Intuitive Controls

Friction! When everything feels right!

i just wanna know what SE expected with this release...i mean Xbox is dead in Japan...why release this game in Japan on the 360?plus again lying to the PS base "yeah FF XIII is PS3 exclusive in Japan"...yeah yeah heard comments like this a hundred times...

Not the lowest... some Enterbrain debut numbers which are close or lower...

• Final Fantasy X (Mega Hits) (PS2) 8,861
  • Final Fantasy X (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) 4,702
  • Final Fantasy X / X-2 Ultimate Box (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) 4,756
  • Final Fantasy XI: Online (All-In One Pack 2006) (360) 4,561
  • Final Fantasy XII (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) 1,100
  • Final Fantasy III (Ultimate Hits) (DS) 4,819
  • Final Fantasy IV (Ultimate Hits) (DS) 2,700
...and lots of FF reissues didn't even rank 1st week (meaning outside top 30)...
  • Final Fantasy VII International (PSOne Books) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Books) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy X International (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 International plus Last Mission (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy VII International (Ultimate Hits) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (Ultimate Hits) (PS)
  • Final Fantasy IX (Ultimate Hits) (PS) 
  • Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (Ultimate Hits) (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (Ultimate Hits) (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition (Ultimate Hits) (PSP)
...every other "All-In" FFXI releases on PS2/360 did around 3-6k first week too (there were a LOT and I didn't feel like putting them all).
Actually, it looks like FFXIIIi is really the best selling Ultimate Hits debut for the series. :P

That's not bad, it outsold this week's 360s there....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

8,800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean WTH ? 

That's what happens when you release a game a year later in a Wii & PS3 dominated market with no advertising and no extra content or features in the game. The execs at SquareEnix must be brain dead. They should have learned something from the other JRPG that got released on the PS3 almost a year later after they were on the XBox 360. Sales are obviously going to be worse on the XBox 360 with only 1.4 million user base in Japan and 99% of them are Asian. Everyone already bought the PS3 version in Japan and with SquareEnix telling everyone earlier in the year that there would be no XBox 360 version in Japan, why did they waste money released the XBox 360 version. That was just DUMB and a slap in the face to 360 gamers in Japan. Release something NEW and EXCLUSIVE SquareEnix on the 360 if you want some sales. Previous JRPG (Unfinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant & Tales of Vesperia) all sold over 100K their first week on the 360. Need more of that SE.

'gaming till I'm gone'

radha said:

isnt that like a 90% attach rate?

Hahaha

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

That more than the lowest opening for a ff game ever. thats like the single worst opening for a major consol rpg ever XD (not literately but you get what i meen)

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

TT Makaveli said:

i just wanna know what SE expected with this release...i mean Xbox is dead in Japan...why release this game in Japan on the 360?plus again lying to the PS base "yeah FF XIII is PS3 exclusive in Japan"...yeah yeah heard comments like this a hundred times...

The XBox 360 isn't dead in Japan. It sold more then 2X's what the original Xbox sold. That's not DEAD, that's called GROWTH. A little research next time... heh?

Anyway, I agree with everything you are saying. SquareEnix original said FF XIII PS3 exclusive in Japan. I was fine with that since the game got delayed due to the XBox 360 version getting made. No problem. So they lied about that. Then they slap XBox 360 gamers (& PS3 gamers too) in the face by releasing a year old game on the XBox 360. Bad enough the game wasn't anything special, but why release it NOW? It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. That would be like Apple releasing the IPad in U.S. only and then 2 years later (after new models are out) releasing it in Europe & Japan. Just dumb.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Chibi.V.29 said:

That more than the lowest opening for a ff game ever. thats like the single worst opening for a major consol rpg ever XD (not literately but you get what i meen)

That's not a opening. The game was already on the XBox 360 in US and Europe. It a very low re-release in a new market, but there were a lot more lower re-release FF games then this. It's far from being the lowest.

'gaming till I'm gone'