By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect to reach 7.6 million in 2011 - Report

lolage said:
pachoo5 said:

Wow, what a retarded article. Do they not realize that Kinect is going to reach 6 Million by the end of THIS YEAR and that Kinect is already ahead of Move by a wide margin? I think Screen Digest is taking Sony's shipped numbers as sold to consumers which is completely wrong. Kinect is at least two million ahead of Move when comparing sold through to consumers right now.

That article is full of fail.

except that VGchartz has no move sales, only sports champions sales, which is bundles in USA but not in PAL, and PAL is Sonys strong place, and If I was going to buy move , I would buy Heavy Rain as my move games (haven't played it yet) or get MAG with the move patch or Figh and not Sport Champions

well just kinect sports has already outsold all those games but yes you are right it is impossible to accurately find out the number of move users.

Around the Network

Is this from November 13th or something??????

At this rate 17.6 is more likely than 7.6 o_O

I think they got the story wrong. I think they meant to say it will sell 7.6 and 7.3 million in the 2011 year only. Not including what it sold in 2010. As we know, combined it will easily sell well over 7.6 million. Even the Move will sell over 7.3 million by the end of 2011.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Sony wont sell more if they have nothing to sell.Can't find a damn MOVE!!!! I always se kinects at the store but move nooo their are coming more i January when the holiday sales are over.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network
kivi95 said:

Sony wont sell more if they have nothing to sell.Can't find a damn MOVE!!!! I always se kinects at the store but move nooo their are coming more i January when the holiday sales are over.

Dude are you joking? it's like just the other way... No more kinects and plenty of moves :p

Wait, is this article saying it'll sell 7.6m in 2011, by 2011 or by the end of 2011? Frankly, I don't get it at all. If it's the formermost then it's pretty much in line with my expectations.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

This article makes no sense the way it's written.

- Microsoft expects to sell 5 million by the end of the year which means it will have sold that in 2 months

- They expect Kinect to cast a large shadow in 2011 by selling.....1.6 million the entire year?

I would say they were only talking US (which would still make the figures low in my book) but it clearly says worldwide.  Makes no sense.

daroamer said:

This article makes no sense the way it's written.

- Microsoft expects to sell 5 million by the end of the year which means it will have sold that in 2 months

- They expect Kinect to cast a large shadow in 2011 by selling.....2.6 million the entire year?

I would say they were only talking US (which would still make the figures low in my book) but it clearly says worldwide.  Makes no sense

fixed

I can only think they are disregarding 2010 sales all together and the 7.6 is for 2011 only.  Still doesn't make much sense though, as I'm sure will Kinect will have a huge holiday push again next year with the rest of the years sold through number... 7.6 just seems kind of small.  

RolStoppable said:
maximrace said:
kivi95 said:

Dude are you joking? it's like just the other way... No more kinects and plenty of moves :p

I see big stacks of both, Move and Kinect, piled up in every store. But then again, I am a Nintendo fan.

so you only see what you want to see?  

Kinect and Move have been selling out pretty often at my best buy, but wii's are selling really well too.  Been a good year for video games!!!