By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Play past Epic games, unlock stuff for Gears of War 3

Cliffy "don't call me Cliffy" B has revealed that if you play a number of alternative Epic Games titles, you can use the save data to unlock unique stuff in Gears of War 3 when it finally launches. That's pretty neat!

Shadow Complex, Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War and Bulletstorm have all been named by Bleszinski as games that will provide unlocks. So far, obviously, we don't know what they unlocks are, but I'm sure they'll be cool for fans of Epic's stuff. 

Bulletstorm's "Epic Edition" will provide access to the Gears 3 beta, which is due to launch around April, so Gearsheads will doubtlessly want to get in on that. It helps that all those other games are pretty cool too!

http://www.destructoid.com/play-past-epic-games-unlock-stuff-for-gears-of-war-3-190081.phtml

Around the Network

Damm you Epic! I do already have Gears 1, 2 and Shadow Complex, but now you are basically forcing me to buy Bulletstorm!

This looks like a nice excuse to finally get Shadow Complex!

hellraider said:

This looks like a nice excuse to finally get Shadow Complex!

You needed an excuse??  That game was Kick-Ass!  :)

On topic, was never a big fan of Unreal Tournament, but both Gears and Shadow Complex are already owned and Bulletstorm was probably a purchase, even without the beta (now a day-one purchase!).  So I wonder what kind of stuff they are talking about?  Stuff to use in Beast mode I bet.

I have to disagree abotu Shadow Complex. Played the demo and thought it sucked. Hope by save files they meant achievements, as I sold Unreal Tournament 3ages ago and deleted the save file.

Around the Network

Everyone should get Shadow Complex. One of the best downloadable only games of this gen.

Cool. I still have Gears 1&2 at home, and and I have the full 200g in Shadow Complex.

Barozi said:

Everyone should get Shadow Complex. One of the best downloadable only games of this gen.

I'll second that.

I have all their games they have out this gen so far so I am good. :) Curious what the bonuses will be?

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Berstuck said:
Barozi said:

I'll second that.

I'll Third!! Konami, this is how I want my next Castelvania to be!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E