By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First PS3 screenshot of Crysis 2

Another shooter? Oh god please end this generation already.

Around the Network

Looks turrible. Killzone3 hype ftw.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

what is it with everyone? i for my part never expected that game to look any better then this.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Looks like Crysis on medium settings.

that is quite dissappointing in my appinion

Around the Network

I'll get it cheap, and play it 1920x1080. Too bad you're capped at 720p 30fps on consoles (and @ £50 ^^)

There's nothing bad about this screen shot in terms of technical visuals. 

Sure, it's a terrible screen shot that shows nothing but a background, the standard FPS gun/hands that really doesn't showcase anything other than Crysis style "Jacob's ladder" lighting, but it looks to me like Crysis Warhead played on Gamer (high) setting at reduced resolution.

That's coming from someone who played both Crysis and Crysis Warhead extensively at high/Gamer settings, albeit at 1920x1080 resolution. If you turn the resolution down to 1280x720 or worse, even lower, Crysis looks pretty average by today's standards, minus the fantastic lighting, particle and physics effects.

I think too many people have it in their heads that Crysis actually played and looked liked the best example screen shots that are so popular on the web.

StokedUp said:

it almost looks like a 3D movie but when your looking at it without the Glasses on.

that's because it is the source says it was taken from a document about Crysis 2 3D so this will be what the game looks like in 3D mode...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

So the PC version is not comprimised.

Attoyou said:

360 is more powerful confirmed. 

I'm pretty sure Crytek mentioned in an interview that the PS3 would be the superior CONSOLE version..

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.