By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Gamerscore League

XBL update today when I plugged.  They're removing 'gamerzone' from our Tags which doesn't seem particularly positive and providing a dashboard option to load and play games from the drive which is.  Seems to be taking a while.  May be extra content to improve the thought-control emitter so remember your special hat.  Here's the Major's take.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/18/xbox-live-and-xbox-com-updates-this-week.aspx

Am I having fun yet?  About 20 hours of fixed-cam,  unskippable cutscene, QTE filled drudgery to take Conan from 14 to 45% comp.  and more to come.  "I'll do it on hard to open up the looney-tune difficulty"  I thought.  Like I could get through that.  I can't even change the difficulty at this point.  The auto-save disappears when you shut-down so that cost me a chapter and a half.  Nuff said.  Thanks for listening.   

Around the Network

I don't mind them removing gamerzone and they might as well remove rep. As long as you're not a complete douche online, your rep will be 5 stars in no time. I've never seen someone be demoted from 5 stars to 4. I'd love to see games played and completion % in place of gamerzone and rep.

Seece said:
eNamrah said:

No Fable 3 platinum anymore?  MGC shows 32 league members have played it.

BTW I think MGC.net is dead. Morgon the owner hasn't updated the site in nearly 4 months. New DLC isn't being added to games anymore.

That's a shame, I really liked MyGamercard.Net. I guess Trueachievements really hit them hard?

OT: Planning to platinum Splinter Cell and Bioshock 2 atm!

Sorry, for the late reply. I'm not so sure TA.com had anything to do with MGC's collapse. People on MGC say Morgon simply became bored with the site and decided to move on with his life. He apparently refuses to answer all emails or messages over xbl so nobody really knows his reasons.

oh gawd, I played and completed Turning Point Fall of Liberty yesterday and the game just sucks. (got all offline achievements)

I mean I think it's common logic by now that it's bad, but still I couldn't believe how bad this game really is. With just some minor changes it could have even be decent.

Also the make 10 headshots in a row achievement has to be one of the worst ones ever. It sounds so easy, but trust me it isn't for various reasons.

@Recon1O1

I actually liked Conan more than the first God of War. But don't make the mistake to think I liked it, I know it's only a mediocre or maybe decent title at best.

Namrah: No big loss and some stats is a great idea.  That's pretty odd about Morgan and MGC.

Barozi:  I'm a little surprised by how well made it was for a 2007 B title and if I can get through this maybe I can handle some DMC or Castlevania.  My tastes are expanding gradually but I struggle with fixed-cam especially these bosses.  Bone Crusher's second coming took me 3 hrs.  Strategies recommended for 'Normal' seemed a lot like suicide.  

Around the Network

The league is up-to-date for this week (Thanks to my shiny new Intel i7 quad core notebook)!

Microsoft Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career Platinum  Career Tournies Career
GS Season TA Season League Season Platinum  Season Tournies Season
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly Platinum  Weekly Tournies Weekly

MGC LB TA LB League Rules Platinum Games Potential Tournies
  TA Ratio LB Achievements LB Completion LB  

Microsoft Gamerscore League History
Gamerscore 2008 N/A League 2008 Platinum 2008 2008 Plat. Games Tournies 2008
Gamerscore 2009 N/A League 2009 Platinum 2009 2009 Plat. Games Tournies 2009
Gamerscore 2010 TA 2010 League 2010 Platinum 2010 2010 Plat. Games Tournies 2010

I am so gonna try to win the Two Worlds 2 tournament!

^^  I doubt we'll get many takers brother.  Dead Space 2 next Tuesday too.  Money's tight this time of year.  I'm sure DS2 will fill up to 20 something eventually but TW2 idk.  We should get a partial under the new rules.  I may rent Isaac's latest adventure before that tourney is done and see what I can score in a week.  Then buy a new copy when they hit $40.

Neo: Thanks for fixing my gaffe and for another giant load of stats.  I noticed you went to town on Lost Odyssey.  Must have been before you embarked (Sp?*) on the quest.  It's my lowest comp % now so I'll see what I can do with it next month.  I need to relax and enjoy the scenery and the writing this time.  *I almost spelled that with a q like a sailing barque or barquentine.  Makes sense if the root word was the same.   Sorry off in la-la land.  Once through the nos. and some shut-eye.

how can i make this sticky? i never know if im being replied to... Anywho, I am doing alright... although my gs looks rather small compared to everyone else haha

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

yo_john117 said:

I am so gonna try to win the Two Worlds 2 tournament!

what is 2 worlds... ill take you -.-

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752