By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia is a very underrated Wii JRPG. My review.

my roomate has played it extensively and he... dosnt like it and from I can tell he's right not to

Around the Network
jarrod said:

Rising Star tends to bring over everything eventually.  You'll probably get it in 2011.

Indeed. I fully expect Rising Star Games to bring this game out for PAL territories sometime next year. They honestly have been so reliable recently. I remember not too long ago when NA got Deathsmiles for the X360, it was said that the chances of an EU release was practically zero, but low and behold RSG got in there and now we're getting an exclusive Deluxe Edition of the game with a tentative date of early 2011.

How technical is your game?

A 8.5/10 for Soriku is probably a 7 for the average JRPG fan.... You really don't sound postive and that is strange considering you are giving it an 8.5...The only thing that sounds great is the value , I'd rather believe you got used to the voice acting and just find a few elements you like in the game....I wonder if you would say the same some time later...

Soriku said:
Gamerace said:

Damn it, now I want this game.  

I havn't had an RPG fix in forever.  I'd gather from the reviews this was a totally competitent if very generic JRPG and I wanted to wait for a AAA RPG (The Last Story, Xenoblade, DQX) but with none of those even announced and reading this makes we want to buy it.  

Have to wait until after Christmas now though.    

What would you say is a fair price for it?

Well I bought it for $23-$24 on Ebay. I would say $30 is a good max price, although you can definitely get it for less. Of course this all depends on what you see and like. But playing it is a much better experience than simply watching it. There's a good deal of good games to me that I find boring to watch that are fun to play.

Btw I looked at your game collection and you should consider GC games too...ToS, Baten Kaitos.

Maybe, prefer not to have to bother with the gamecube controller and stuff but it's not like there's a lot of Wii options.

Maybe you have some suggestions - I prefer the more open combat (and free roaming) of games like Buldar's Gate to JRPGs but really any turn-based strategy RPG where you can move your characters  while in combat (Fire Emblem for example).    Speaking of Fire Emblem, I could be playing that...

d21lewis said:

I'm going to watch some gameplay videos.  If I like what I see, I may buy this game.  If not, I'll finally start trying to beat Blue Dragon.  I feel like playing a jrpg on consoles, right now.  This could be the one.

Already tried Tales of Vesperia and Lost Oddessey?

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

A 8.5/10 for Soriku is probably a 7 for the average JRPG fan.... You really don't sound postive and that is strange considering you are giving it an 8.5...The only thing that sounds great is the value , I'd rather believe you got used to the voice acting and just find a few elements you like in the game....I wonder if you would say the same some time later...

completely agree, doubt he knows whats a good jrpg. he gives everything a good rating

I haven't played it, but I have a friend who bought it. He likes RPG but he's more of a passive gamer and usually gets bored and lose interest pretty quicky, but with Arc Rise this didn't happened. He liked it very much and put like 50 or more hours into the game until he finished it.

I noticed many of the "great things" he said me about the game were in other Rpg like Final Fantasy, so maybe one of the reasons he liked it too much was his inexperience with older RPG, but at least the game was fun enough to grab his attention from start to finish.

Now I lent him Monster Hunter, the first hours were a bit boring for him but now he's addicted! :p

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Lostplanet22 said:
d21lewis said:

I'm going to watch some gameplay videos.  If I like what I see, I may buy this game.  If not, I'll finally start trying to beat Blue Dragon.  I feel like playing a jrpg on consoles, right now.  This could be the one.

of course I finished Lost Odyssey!  What kind of 360 RPG player would I be if I didn't?  I let Tales fall off my radar, though.  Isn't there a better version on PS3?  If so, that may be my RPG of choice, next.

d21lewis said:
Lostplanet22 said:
d21lewis said:

of course I finished Lost Odyssey!  What kind of 360 RPG player would I be if I didn't?  I let Tales fall off my radar, though.  Isn't there a better version on PS3?  If so, that may be my RPG of choice, next.

=) Good, finished the DLC I hope aswell?    Yes their is one on PS3 but playing it depends on your japanese skill, otherwise you can get the English X360 version;..

I recommend it considering it is an happy, warm, fun, good (may I say great?) JRPG..

Anyway check out the GT review if you don't know much about it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-tales-of/39721

d21lewis said:
Lostplanet22 said:
d21lewis said:

You are better off playing the Xbox 360 version as the PS3 version is only available in Japan.