By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mini reviews of random (good) manga. Naruto is not allowed

I know this awesome manga about ninjas, but I can't remember the name.  You guys probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Around the Network

Touch

First of all it's a sports, romance, comedy manga. It's a very touching story about a 2 twins and a girl. One twin is highly successful in baseball and school while the other is lazy and doesnt do that well. The girl is attached to those to, and as the story proceeds the complexity of the relationship between those 3 is reflected. 

What i really like about the mangaka's work (Adachi sensei) is that he really writes funny scenes. Not over the top funny but rather subtle funny lines which makes it such a joy to watch. The art style is old but very good nonetheless and it really is a very touching story. It's just one of those page turners imo, and it feels like a light read(which is a good thing). I highly recommend this

8.5/10

.. Can i talk about one piece ? :P

EL_PATRAS said:

I know this awesome manga about ninjas, but I can't remember the name.  You guys probably wouldn't like it anyway.

I think you might be referring to Nabari no Ou. It's a pretty popular series, but the name can be hard to remember, so I'm glad to be of service (unless I'm wrong).

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

kopstudent89 said:

Touch

First of all it's a sports, romance, comedy manga. It's a very touching story about a 2 twins and a girl. One twin is highly successful in baseball and school while the other is lazy and doesnt do that well. The girl is attached to those to, and as the story proceeds the complexity of the relationship between those 3 is reflected. 

What i really like about the mangaka's work (Adachi sensei) is that he really writes funny scenes. Not over the top funny but rather subtle funny lines which makes it such a joy to watch. The art style is old but very good nonetheless and it really is a very touching story. It's just one of those page turners imo, and it feels like a light read(which is a good thing). I highly recommend this

8.5/10

Yes your allowed to talk about One Piece. I'm not a dictator...

I was reading One Piece a while back, I got up to the part when the crew found some princess on some island and then I kinda pulled away from the series, maybe your review can re-ignite my interest.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

WereKitten said:

"2001 nights" by Yukinobu Hoshino.

Thanks for this. I am reading it now (yes, online). It's great so far.

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
kopstudent89 said:

Touch

8.5/10

I was reading One Piece a while back, I got up to the part when the crew found some princess on some island and then I kinda pulled away from the series, maybe your review can re-ignite my interest.

Ok i can talk about One Piece so much. I like most was a Naruto-tard and especially since it was my first manga-anime. I really thought this one piece talk was garbage, that until i started reading One Piece, and boy was i wrong! 

First of all i would like to say that I'm not dissing Naruto, and that i think it's a very good manga overall. It's just that when compared to One Piece you'll easily see why this series is so popular in Japan, and why it's so charming that you'll get swept off your feet. 

One Piece starts off slow maybe. I really didnt like the first arc(buggy) and the Usopp arc was kinda boring. By then though it really kicks off and i think the defining moment is when you left the series, the Alabasta arc.

Now i cant have any spoilers here so i'll just say that i've reread the series twice and on my second run i think i really got to know what makes One Piece so special on the second try. Oda just knows how to tell a story, and he can connect the sidestories  with the main stories so well that i dont think there is even a slight detail in the manga that isn't significant.

And even if i tell you how charming, funny, touching et the manga is, i dont think i can with words. Put it this way i've never laughed so hard or even cried in any manga like i have with one piece. I never felt the thrill of adventure like i have with One Piece! I never felt so moved with some scenes like i have with One Piece. It's just that good, One Piece is a manga for every romantic person, and i would recommend it to anyone easily!

kopstudent89 said:
Doobie_wop said:
kopstudent89 said:

Touch

8.5/10

Ok i can talk about One Piece so much. I like most was a Naruto-tard and especially since it was my first manga-anime. I really thought this one piece talk was garbage, that until i started reading One Piece, and boy was i wrong! 

First of all i would like to say that I'm not dissing Naruto, and that i think it's a very good manga overall. It's just that when compared to One Piece you'll easily see why this series is so popular in Japan, and why it's so charming that you'll get swept off your feet. 

One Piece starts off slow maybe. I really didnt like the first arc(buggy) and the Usopp arc was kinda boring. By then though it really kicks off and i think the defining moment is when you left the series, the Alabasta arc.

Now i cant have any spoilers here so i'll just say that i've reread the series twice and on my second run i think i really got to know what makes One Piece so special on the second try. Oda just knows how to tell a story, and he can connect the sidestories  with the main stories so well that i dont think there is even a slight detail in the manga that isn't significant.

And even if i tell you how charming, funny, touching et the manga is, i dont think i can with words. Put it this way i've never laughed so hard or even cried in any manga like i have with one piece. I never felt the thrill of adventure like i have with One Piece! I never felt so moved with some scenes like i have with One Piece. It's just that good, One Piece is a manga for every romantic person, and i would recommend it to anyone easily!

My favorite part of that general period in the manga is that, of the two women the Straw Hats met on Whiskey Peak, one of them becomes their nakama, but it's absolutely not the one you think

That really threw me for a loop, even when i was watching the abortion that was the 4Kids adaptation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lolita said:
ssj12 said:

naruto is really a bad manga and anime... its dropped in ratings should show that. It used to be an 8 plus show rating, now its like 5. To many fillers, and it just wont end. Even Bleach has an ending, a bad one, but it still ends and there isnt as many fillers and most of them are horrid or extremely pointless like naruto's. I do watch the Naruto anime, but when its out of filler mode, which it has another like month or two of fillers thats just made up back story which never happened and make little sense in Shuppoden at all. >.>

Who cares about ratings (where are they anyway)? It's bad in your opinion? Still plenty of people who watch and like it. About the fillers, yes they're bad and simple solution to that, DON'T watch them.  The main storyline itself is good, the more you get into it, the more is revealed. It's how story progression works, so what if it takes a while? Is that such a bad thing?

I get not liking a manga/anime for personal reasons but this whole Naruto is bad by anime/manga puritans really annoys me. I can't take this thread seriously when people say Naruto is bad *insert silly reasons* but love series for stupid boobies that defy laws of gravity and fanservices. That's just sad.

Btw, Bleach didn't end. Manga is still going.

Japanese TV ratings.

http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=36176989&postcount=174 <- rating

http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/backnum/2010/index.htm <- link above's source

Naruto at 5.4% with an average of 3.2% for the year.

And Bleach manga ended. The author stated that Aizen's defeat and Ichigo lossing all his powers defeating him was the end.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mr Khan said:
kopstudent89 said:
Doobie_wop said:
kopstudent89 said:

Touch

8.5/10

My favorite part of that general period in the manga is that, of the two women the Straw Hats met on Whiskey Peak, one of them becomes their nakama, but it's absolutely not the one you think

That really threw me for a loop, even when i was watching the abortion that was the 4Kids adaptation.

Yeah i know what u mean :P My personal favourite arc is Skypea.. that was excellent in every possible way

ssj12 said:
lolita said:
ssj12 said:

naruto is really a bad manga and anime... its dropped in ratings should show that. It used to be an 8 plus show rating, now its like 5. To many fillers, and it just wont end. Even Bleach has an ending, a bad one, but it still ends and there isnt as many fillers and most of them are horrid or extremely pointless like naruto's. I do watch the Naruto anime, but when its out of filler mode, which it has another like month or two of fillers thats just made up back story which never happened and make little sense in Shuppoden at all. >.>

Who cares about ratings (where are they anyway)? It's bad in your opinion? Still plenty of people who watch and like it. About the fillers, yes they're bad and simple solution to that, DON'T watch them.  The main storyline itself is good, the more you get into it, the more is revealed. It's how story progression works, so what if it takes a while? Is that such a bad thing?

I get not liking a manga/anime for personal reasons but this whole Naruto is bad by anime/manga puritans really annoys me. I can't take this thread seriously when people say Naruto is bad *insert silly reasons* but love series for stupid boobies that defy laws of gravity and fanservices. That's just sad.

Btw, Bleach didn't end. Manga is still going.

Japanese TV ratings.

http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=36176989&postcount=174 <- rating

http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/backnum/2010/index.htm <- link above's source

Naruto at 5.4% with an average of 3.2% for the year.

And Bleach manga ended. The author stated that Aizen's defeat and Ichigo lossing all his powers defeating him was the end.

But i read the new chapters after that lol