By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I was bored so I bought all of these.

Marteds said:

I'm thinking about buying Star Ocean The Last Hope International (PS3) and White Knight Chronicles from Gamestop for 20 dollars each. while waiting for Tales of Vesperia (PS3). I  haven't played a game since Castlevania Lord of Shadows.

Star Ocean is 20 bucks at Gamestop?

Around the Network

Demon's Souls

Borderlands

Fallout 3 GOTY

GTA IV

Sly Collection

3D dot game heroes

Bioshock

Split/Second

All for PS3.

huaxiong90 said:
Rob-Ot said:

I got Resonance Of Fate a few weeks ago due to boredom and hated it.

Funny, I bought it a week or two back as well. However, I'm not turned away by it...not yet at least.

Like wagram mentioned in his last post, if you can come to grips with the game not being about story at all then you might enjoy it. For me in a RPG story is important, the game's story is non-existent and I was very disappointed Tri-Ace turned out a game in that form. 

well I did go app store crazy and purchase $16 worth of awesome deals on apples app store. amazon had awesome deals on tales of vesperia, blue dragon, mass effect 2 and renosance of fate all under $20! So I did kinda shop out of boredom! I can't pass up on these video game deals!!!

darkknightkryta said:
Marteds said:

I'm thinking about buying Star Ocean The Last Hope International (PS3) and White Knight Chronicles from Gamestop for 20 dollars each. while waiting for Tales of Vesperia (PS3). I  haven't played a game since Castlevania Lord of Shadows.

Star Ocean is 20 bucks at Gamestop?

Check Gamestop Website

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:TitleKeyword|Star Ocean: Last Hope International|1|

Around the Network

I hope you paid $9.99 for Lost Planet 2. It was that price at Best Buy and Amazon yesterday.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

huaxiong90 said:
Rob-Ot said:

Funny, I bought it a week or two back as well. However, I'm not turned away by it...not yet at least.

I had fun with that game for the first 10-20 hours, but then I got extremely bored of it. The battle system novelty wore off. The combat never evolves or changes. What you see now is what you're going to see for the rest of the game. Sure you can modify your guns and wield two guns, but gameplay remains unchanged. I applied the same strategy for every battle including the optional dungeon: send MG user, send HG user, cancel third person and repeat. There were a few occasions where I had to alter my little strategy, but I was very disappointed that there was no variety in the battles.

I also didn't enjoy the story. It was funny at first, but then it tried to get all serious, which ultimately failed btw. Everything is so vague and irrevelant to the whole overarching plot. There was one chapter that was just a complete waste of time, and the mission was stupid. Oh, and don't get me started on the ending. Characters were also poor aside from Vashyron. Leanne was your typical whiny girl. Zephyr was poorly developed. Zephyr's personality in the battle kind of contradicts what he's like in the plot.

It's one of the worst RPGs I've played this year; I have no idea how I managed to platinum the game. Sorry about the small vent, but I just had to let it out of my system. Feels good once a while.

Rob-Ot said:
huaxiong90 said:
Rob-Ot said:

Like wagram mentioned in his last post, if you can come to grips with the game not being about story at all then you might enjoy it. For me in a RPG story is important, the game's story is non-existent and I was very disappointed Tri-Ace turned out a game in that form. 

I'm well aware already it's not going to be anything special. But keep in mind, I can still enjoy trashy, repetitive games. Ever hear of a PSP game called Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code? It was downright awful. Despite this, I played it to the end, and I have no idea why.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I have recently gotten Demon's Souls, Nier and the new golden sun game :)

I'm almost to the end of Golden Sun I'm pretty sure and I'm a little disapointed in it :( overall though it's still a decent game.

I've maybe gotten like 6 hours into Nier not because it's a bad game but because Demon's souls is so fricken good >.< its eating up all of my free time, and atlus anounced that they're shifting the server tendencys to pure white in two days so Niers gonna have to wait for a while haha

CDiablo said:

I hope you paid $9.99 for Lost Planet 2. It was that price at Best Buy and Amazon yesterday.

Indeed. I am an internet shopper. Always cheaper! :)