By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Linkzmax said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Also, @ Linkz

what are you talking about? "You think they're both scum and openly agreeing on what will be a mislynch(or a bussing), or something else?"

How do you know lynching either Silver-Tiger or nen-user will be a mislynch? Or, when did I say in the post I quoted that I agreed they should be lynched? I think you were just seeing things that were not in there. There were two arguments going on when i made that post, and my post was a simple observation on the similarities going between the two that I deemed "interesting."

You may have been right about me needing to post more (and I will) but you jumping to conclusions is utter crazy. 

btw, bussing (bus-driver) is a night action. I have no idea what you're talking about there. unless you meant bandwagoing, but that wasn't even happening. 

I find it quite scummy the way you've quoted me out of context to try and paint it as if I have some knowledge that either would be a mislynch. Here was my post:

Linkzmax said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Interesting how both prof and trucks are going after nen and ST respectively for similar reasons. 

playing safe and acting townie being some of them. 

"I'm just going to throw this out there and cast suspicion on two players." Why is it interesting? You don't agree with the reasons, you think they're both scum and openly agreeing on what will be a mislynch(or a bussing), or something else?

First, the sentence in quotations is the way I read your post. Then I ask why you say it is interesting, a question which you have still yet to answer. Then I list the reasons I could think of if I tried to put myself in you're shoes.(Something I've already shown I do, crazy as it may be)

Now let me break down each thought I listed:
"You don't agree with the reasons." You find it interesting that prof and trucks are going after nen and ST because you disagree with their similar reasons. Simple enough and not scummy.
"You think they're both scum and openly agreeing on what will be a mislynch(or a bussing)?" You think prof and trucks are both scum. Furthermore you see them using the same reasoning out in the open to try to lynch a townie. And in parentheses , since you(and neither do I) don't know nen or ST's alignment it could be two scummates throwing a third under the bus(hence the term, "bussing") for a lynch. More complicated, but again not scummy.
"Or something else?" Self-explanatory. I figured your answer would fall here, but I'll have to wait for that.

If it's not already obvious what my answers are to your two questions, I'll answer them directly. I never stated that I know an ST or nen lynch would be a mislynch, nor do I know that it would or wouldn't be. I never stated that you agree that ST and/or nen should be lynched either.

The difference between our responses is I tried to guess at your line of thought.You tried to twist my words to incriminate me.

That's the point. You are looking way too far into one little word. "interesting" That's simply it. I just saw there were some similarities between them, and pointed it out. I never implied it was because they were scum or other reasons. 

over-analyzation >.< 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Wow, did I miss alot,  I wish I would have posted this sooner as alo of time has past since this happened but I believe it is a good lead
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3821905
This first link is an exchange is between hatmoza and gnizmo, hatmoza says something interesting.

"contrary, if I were mafia I'd think twice about buddying with another player so you have no fears."

actually hatmoza thats exactly what you have done in the past, and its what alot of mafia have done in the past as well, get on the good side of the town and look like you are one of them.  But for you to throw it out there trying to look innocent seems like you are trying to hard to blend in.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3822029

The second link is more of the same, except its when you proclaim that:

"No. I would have totally killed Nord already, dead serious. Even if I were a vigilante."  

Again its like you are saying "I cant be evil because nordlead is alive",  you are praying on past habits hoping for a pass from everyone.  

Well I dont buy it at all

Vote: hatmoza

There are some good points but I'm not going to change my vote yet. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

scottie said:
TruckOSaurus said:
scottie said:
I can guarentee that if I were one of your fellow mafia, I would not be attracting suspicion in such a fashion.

@ all of those thinking that only a mafia would resurface to defend themselves, townsfolk have exactly as much desire to defend themselvs as mafia do...

Yes townies do have a desire to defend themselves of course but they also have a desire to find who the scum is. So when you pop up only to defend yourself it makes it seem that you're not interested in finding scum which could indicate that you're a in fact scum.

Because talking is the best way to learn something? 

SInce we would never learn anything without people talking ... yes. 

Also, by lurking you draw suspicion on yourself, thereby aiding the mafia.  You shouldn't want to do that, unless you're scum. 

No one is saying you should post drivel just to have a high post count in this thread, but you should share your thoughts more often.  It will help us get a read on you (as town hopefully) and it may help other people hone their ideas on who is scum. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

c03n3nj0 said:
That's the point. You are looking way too far into one little word. "interesting" That's simply it. I just saw there were some similarities between them, and pointed it out. I never implied it was because they were scum or other reasons. 

over-analyzation >.< 

Look, your post was utterly useless if you were simply stating your opinion about the interestingness of an observation.  It is ENTIRELY natural for anyone reading that post in this thread to wonder what you are implying about that interesting observation: 

"Hmm, j0 may think those two are framing those other two."
"Hmm, j0 may think those two are independently having the same suspicions so there's probably something to it." 
etc. 

"Hmm, j0 must think that observation is interesting" is ... not what people are going to be thinking when they read something like that.  If you didn't want to spark discussion on it, why did you say that?  And if you DID, then surely you had some faint idea of what you think the cause for that behavior might be? 

Final-Fan said:
Vetteman94 said:
Wow, did I miss alot,  I wish I would have posted this sooner as alo of time has past since this happened but I believe it is a good lead
This first link is an exchange is between hatmoza and gnizmo, hatmoza says something interesting.

"contrary, if I were mafia I'd think twice about buddying with another player so you have no fears."

actually hatmoza thats exactly what you have done in the past, and its what alot of mafia have done in the past as well, get on the good side of the town and look like you are one of them.  But for you to throw it out there trying to look innocent seems like you are trying to hard to blend in.

"No. I would have totally killed Nord already, dead serious. Even if I were a vigilante."  

Again its like you are saying "I cant be evil because nordlead is alive",  you are praying on past habits hoping for a pass from everyone.  

There are some good points but I'm not going to change my vote yet. 

Can I ask why nen-suer is a good target?   I cannot find any reason that couldn't be used for someone else. Its possible i missed something in all of the long posts but it seems that some of the votes are just bandwagoning on others reasons,  and while that is going to happen, it would be worth it if those reasons were good,  which I cant say they are.  

Around the Network

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[1, L-9] ZEX: GNIZ

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

[1, L-9] WONK: HAT

[5, L-5] NEN: ST, PROF, FF, SAK, ZEX

[2, L-8] ST: TRUCK, NEN

[2, L-8] SCOTT: MG, RAD

[1, L-9] MG: SCOTT

[1, L-9] SAK: NORD

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

You dirty ninja!  

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, V94

You dirty ninja!  

Mwahahaha!

Final-Fan said:
c03n3nj0 said:

over-analyzation >.< 

Look, your post was utterly useless if you were simply stating your opinion about the interestingness of an observation.  It is ENTIRELY natural for anyone reading that post in this thread to wonder what you are implying about that interesting observation: 

"Hmm, j0 may think those two are framing those other two."
"Hmm, j0 may think those two are independently having the same suspicions so there's probably something to it." 
etc. 

"Hmm, j0 must think that observation is interesting" is ... not what people are going to be thinking when they read something like that.  If you didn't want to spark discussion on it, why did you say that?  And if you DID, then surely you had some faint idea of what you think the cause for that behavior might be? 

Fair enough. 

If it's useless then it's useless! I just wanted to pint it out. Yes, it COULD be because they're both scummy, or some other reason, but in all honesty, that wasn't enough to allow me to jump to conclusions about their mutual alignment.

I did, however, use that post to question nen. I thought it was weird he voted Silver-Tiger like that, especially after what I said, but he hasn't responded. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Vetteman94 said:

Shoot, I tried a lot of things as mafia to throw people off. I buddied with FF once by saving him from a lynch train last year, which made him trust me. Then I broke his heart. I lurked, then claimed to be a bomb when put under pressure once. I basically told nordlead I was going to kill him one time. I told everyone I was an anti magician apprentice and lived throughout most of the game with that lie ... the list can go on. 

My point being, you really shouldn't hold one game I was mafia against me because I haven't gotten on Gnizmo's bad side yet. I see you didn't waste no time perusing with your personal vendetta against me in your absence from this game.

And about nordlead, well every time we play we threaten eachother. If it makes you suspicious, I can live with that. It only seems to bother you anyway, then again every game I play with you you find something interesting to say about me.

Now, I have some catching up to do.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson