By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Erm...

*DAY FIVE START*

...???

I am using this post as an excuse to keep the thread in my sidebar.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:

Erm...

*DAY FIVE START*

...???

I am using this post as an excuse to keep the thread in my sidebar.

Is being able to keep abreast of all the latest in this thread really necessary?

noname2200 said:

Is keeping this thread in your Active Topics really necessary?

I guess not, but considering how far it fell down the Off-Topic page not too long ago...

*needles players in side*

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

c03n3nj0 said:

I am interested in F-F's defense. 

Anyhow, hatmoza is increasingly suspicious through the process of elimination. 

Townie: 

Radish is confirmed townie
zex - pretty much. First thing he did is go after a mafia, and no mafia would do that to his buddy, at least immediately. 
c03n3nj0 - I am townie. Now y'all shush, linkz. 

Most-likely townie:

nen - Still a possibility he's lying, to save his lynch. Increasingly unlikely. 
linkz - very townie like, but possibility still there of good a mafia. 

The only two guys left?

Final-Fan and hatmoza. 

We have 3 mafia dead, and one or two mafia left. Two guys that are not essentially clear. Hmmmmmmmmmm!

I do put you behind hat or FF for today's lynch. This isn't like what I was doing with Wonk at all. Rather, I am still highly suspicious of you. Assuming there's two mafia left, I'm quite confident that they reside in the trio of yourself, hat, and FF. As odd as it sounds, only a night kill of one of you three would make me question that.

Calling yourself a townie is hardly convincing. Like I said about SAK not actually saying he's a townie, it's not a tell either way.

I feel like if you are scum you're trying to set zexen up by placing him so high on the list of townies.

Around the Network

Final-Fan said:

Well, I can't comment on why MG and SAK acted the way they did.  But I guess I can answer some of the other points.  

For Wonk's post:  It's pretty straightforward.  Lynching SAK was better than nobody, but not (I decided) better than Scottie.  Later on I (wrongly) felt that he wasn't a good lynch target. 

I may not have mentioned MG at all; or I may have only given a couple words on the subject of his absence/worthlessness.  I didn't give him much thought beyond that he was mostly gone and useless when he was here.  (Which was hardly unusual at the time.) 

As for wanting to lynch j0 but settling for Stefl -- why yes, yes I was.  But now that you've brought it up, why would I do that if I was mafia?  Wouldn't I either stick to my guns and try to lynch j0 (instead of fellow mafia*), or be a more active proponent of what I would know would be a lynch of mafia, so as to gain townie cred? 

FInally, in what way do you reckon "See you tomorrow" is suspicious?  Because it implies an assumption I'd live through the night?  Well, maybe it was arrogant, I don't know, all I can say is the only reason I said it was to let you know that I was leaving, so nobody should say something expecting me to reply before the next day. 

*not that I don't think he is mafia. 

I wouldn't expect you to explain why MG, Stefl, and SAK all pretty much ignored you.(as well as each other) Simply pointing the fact out. I'll be taking the same look at confirmed scum with hat(and everyone for that matter) after I respond to any other posts on my way down the page, but looking at Wonk's links there was a lot between SAK and hat at the very least.

For your bolded question, I meant the nested quote may have been a subtle attempt to redirect the lynch onto j0. So easily switching over to Stefl(as well as the other votes) could be trying to gain credibility as a confused townie. I believe I've already made it clear that I don't automatically think anyone that is quite vocal in the lynching of mafia gets townie credibility. Unless there's good evidence, then only fellow scum actually know each other, while townies rely on intuition and a bit of luck.(especially early on)

To jump topics for a second, here's an example of what I mean by evidence; I'd say that zexen had the relationship between nen and SAK reversed. Like MG's vote on scottie, SAK's calling out of two players(even if they had since been replaced) was certainly done to draw suspicion onto townies. It's not 100% certain they were doing that to save a scum nen from lynch, because they could've just been adding a town nen into a pot of suspicious players that would hopefully be lynched over the next several days. On the other hand, if nen was lynched first(day two) then I'd say it would've been a very strong(as in more likely than the reverse) case that SAK(and MG) were also scum trying to draw attention away from a teammate. Actually, now that I think about it...(post to follow)

And yes, I thought it was suspicious because it implies that you'd live through the night. I point it out, because SAK made a similar slip here in saying "I never saw you defending me in that post (I'm not sure how you got to that, unless you mean by your first paragraph on his reasoning why he voted me), since if whoever  gets  lynched besides me, (or I get killed, which is highly unlikely), I'm pretty sure you would pressure me much more."

radishhead said:

did my post disappear? :( I've got a few things to say. Firstly, my laptop has broken, so my time on VGC will unfortunately be severely limited. Also, I think that we're up to the stage of the game where we can begin to narrow down some options. It's not possible for us to verify Nen's claim as doctor, but I'm pretty confident with it. I think we're looking for two more mafia - so that means that we must vote very carefully today and tomorrow. Potentially 2 mafia vs 5 townies - and a mistake will put us to 2 mafia vs 4 townies. If I take myself out (it's not really possible for me to debate my own innocence), and the "doctor", then we're left with: Linkz, hatmoza, Final-Fan, zexen_lowe, c03n3nj0 At risk in falling into a mafia trap, I will say that I trust Linkz - so I'll take him out too (for the moment). This leaves us with: Hatmoza, Final-Fan, Zexen_Lowe and c03n3nj0. It's possible that half of these four people are Mafia. Just look at that list - the situation isn't bad at all, is it? With such a shortened list, it's definitely possible for us to make a good opinion on who to lynch next. I think that this is looking pretty good for the town right now.

First, yes it was a blank post for me.(As was the latest) I'm just quoting noname and edited the tag.

We've likely been at the point where it's been one mislynch from lylo since the final modkill. So voting should've always been careful, though now that he numbers have dwindled to the point that it only takes 4 votes for a lynch that is especially true. I'm a bit nervous already with hat being at L-2, but there's no worry of a quick lynch. I would say that nobody should hammer until everyone has said their piece on the player that reaches L-1. Also, a mislynch will likely put us to 3 townies Vs 2 mafia, unless nen makes a save so there is no night kill.(Or there never were 5 scum)

zexen_lowe said:

I think our target is clear: nen

Do you still feel this way?

c03n3nj0 said:

I... did not expect for the thread to die. 

Hrmph. 

At this point, I don't even remember quite what I originally said (& I overwrote the copy/paste). 

But it was to the effect that I am also dismayed at this, and I was myself absent due to being extraordinarily busy. 

And also that I was feeling better about the hatmoza vote, because even if he's innocent he's more and more obviously the one we can most afford to lose.  (Not that I'd keep my vote on him if I thought he wasn't mafia.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

noname2200 said:
Linkzmax said:

@noname/theRepublic are we in danger of there being another modkill? I

Nyet.

"Maybe" is a good answer in these situations.

Hat last online 5 days ago (added LBP2)

(PSN) Hat last online 25 hours ago

I know LBP is awesome, but this is just rude... i'd rather keep an active mafia alive than a lurker townie.

Vote: Hatmoza

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)