By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSJailbreak wins against SONY

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicagamerz.com%2Fv6%2Fnews%2F716%2Fpsjailbreak-le-gana-a-sony-y-sony-tiene-que-pagar%2F

n Spain there was a precedent because any PSJailbreak product is legal for sales and advertising.

De acuerdo al juzgado Mercantil n° 8 de Barcelona, el 07 de diciembre de dos mil diez, se oficializo la legalizacion del PS Jailbreak en cualquier tienda de España tambien que Sony tendrá que pagar todos los costes causados a las tiendas que vendían este producto. According to court No 8 Mercantil de Barcelona, on 07 December two thousand and ten, was officially PS legalization of Jailbreak in any store in Spain, too, that Sony will have to pay all the costs to the stores selling this product.

Con la salida del PSJailbreak, Sony intento todo lo posible para impedir la venta en España de productos que produzcan que la consola Playstation 3 pueda arrancar videojuegos descargados por internet o utilizando backups para la carga de videojuegos, tras las denuncias producidas por Sony, las tiendas que se veían afectadas no dudaron en atacar a Sony recurriendo a demandas. With the departure of PSJailbreak, Sony tried everything possible to prevent the sale in Spain of products that create the bootable Playstation 3 video games downloaded over the Internet or using backups for loading the games, following complaints produced by Sony, shops that were affected did not hesitate to attack Sony resorting to lawsuits.

Como conclusion todos los dispositivos que hasta ahora eran ilegales y que permiten cargar copias de videojuegos se ha hecho totalmente legal en España. As a conclusion all the devices that were previously illegal and can upload copies of video games has been legal in Spain.

Una de las razones en que el juicio se baso en legalizar el PSJailbreak es que SONY elimino el sistema GNU/LINUX donde se le reclamo a Sony que comercializo una consola con una serie de características que luego fueron eliminadas, también se habla de que el usuario puede hacer lo que le plazca con su consola comprada lo que le permite entre otras cosas adentrarse en las “entrañas” de la consola con total derecho y que la propia Playstation 3 no es solo de uso exclusivo para jugar con juegos originales de Sony. One of the reasons that the trial was based on is that legalizing PSJailbreak SONY remove the GNU / Linux where you claim Sony which sells a console with a number of features that were later removed, also talks about the user can do whatever you want with your console purchased allowing you to enter including the "guts" of the console with full right and one's Playstation 3 is not only used exclusively to play original games from Sony.

Al final SONY apartando que perdio un juicio muy importante para ellos, para combatir la pirateria, ahora deben de pagar de los daños y perjuicios que hayan producido las medidas cautelares a las tiendas perjudicadas por las acciones legales de SONY. SONY end away I lost a very important trial for them, to combat piracy, now must pay the damages that have occurred precautionary measures to shops hurt by Sony's legal action.

Que piensan ustedes, no sera que SONY tenia las de ganar en este juicio? What do you think, will not be that Sony had the upper hand in this trial?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Things like this make me think if we are stupid in Spain...Why is my country the only one that allows this?

Damn...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Too bad they don't know how to decrypt 3.50 games. Have fun playing older titles offline!

Maybe it's the google translation, but it seems like the main reason this happened was because of Sony's removal of other operating systems on the PS3, or just the general removal of features. I don't think any European court would have dont this if that never happened.

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

Maybe it's the google translation, but it seems like the main reason this happened was because of Sony's removal of other operating systems on the PS3, or just the general removal of features. I don't think any European court would have dont this if that never happened.

Nah this is just what it's like in Spain, the R3 DS cart thing is literally on retailer shelves next to normal DS games in the DS section. It's just allowed I guess, it's a shame but I doubt it'll be very long until either this stops happening or games stop being released there.

The hack atm only works on old games offline anyway i think, so shouldn't have too much effect atm. I do wonder if PS3 loses any marketshare in Spain cause of it's unhackability :/.

Have fun downloading 4 to 50 GB titles. I would rather do the right thing and pay the developers what they EARNED.

Wagram said:

Have fun downloading 4 to 50 GB titles. I would rather do the right thing and pay the developers what they EARNED.

While I don't believe in pirating games on any platform, 4 to 50 gb's isn't really much nowadays.  It would take me under a day to get 50gb files.  And if I were a broke school kid or poorboy I would see why a lot of people would choose a day or less (most cases a few hours) download a much cheaper/better alternative.

Thats why you can go onto any torrent site and see tons of 360/PS3 titles right now.   How much does it cost to burn blu-ray discs anyways?  I haven't kept up with that much.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

i hope people buy it, get happy then sony release a patch which bricks their console.

fps_d0minat0r said:

i hope people buy it, get happy then sony release a patch which bricks their console.

But if they downloaded it, PSJailbreak wouldn't work anyway.