By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Am I the only one that loves snow?

I enjoy the look and setting of snow but hate what it does.

Around the Network
lolita said:

I love snow... I just don't like the cold. Cold is the reason I dislike winter, not snow. I actually miss it... UK doesn't get a lot of it.

this the snow isn't so bad (as long as there isn't too much of it) but the cold is what i could do without

No way, you're definitely not alone! Snow fans represent!

Snow is amazing...and there is nothing better than when it is -20 degrees fahrenheit (-29C) in the morning :) ...its the perfect morning for video games since you don't want to go outside.  The only slightly depressing thing about snow is when you don't get nearly as much as an area about 45 miles away in what seems like every storm...Minneapolis snowfall = 24" this year...my snowfall 45 miles north = 16.5"

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I love the snow... except when I get 4ft in 4 days. I don't have a snowblower yet and I have a larger than average driveway. Shoveling it all is killing me. If I only get 2-3" a day it is easily managed though

Also, I live in (actually outside the city, but whatever) the 6th snowiest "location" in the US and depending on how you quantify "city" the snowiest city in the US.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Reasonable said:

I love snow because

1 - I can play with it

2 - I can ski with it

3 - I can stay at home and still get paid thanks to it

4 - it deadens sound and slows the pace of city life

5 - its great

However, I only want it for a certain time of the year and never when it's inconvienient.

hahahahaha, I live near Syracuse and we haven't had a "snow day" for work/college in years (probably since the blizzard of 93). I had a half day at college a few years ago, but it didn't affect me cause I didn't have any classes. My uncle lives in NJ near Philly and they declare a state of emergency of they get 2". If only we didn't have such good snow removal

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I like the snow,but, I live in Texas so it rarely snows here. It did snow here in 2007, that winter we had a lot of snow.

Acevil said:

I LOVE THE SNOW. I LOVE THE WINTER...I love the cold!

I hate there is no snow level in DKCR.

I don't mind snow but in reasonable quantities (during the winter 2007-2008 Quebec city got 500cm, that's WAY too much snow). Also, when it snows it's usually warmer out (around -5 to -15 Celcius), bright sunny winter days can get really cold in Canada.

Signature goes here!

nordlead said:
Reasonable said:

I love snow because

1 - I can play with it

2 - I can ski with it

3 - I can stay at home and still get paid thanks to it

4 - it deadens sound and slows the pace of city life

5 - its great

However, I only want it for a certain time of the year and never when it's inconvienient.

hahahahaha, I live near Syracuse and we haven't had a "snow day" for work/college in years (probably since the blizzard of 93). I had a half day at college a few years ago, but it didn't affect me cause I didn't have any classes. My uncle lives in NJ near Philly and they declare a state of emergency of they get 2". If only we didn't have such good snow removal

Ah that's a pity.  I love a good 'snohome' day as I think of them.  I normally quickly check I can't get into work, settle down with a good film or game, then after an hour phone up saying i'm going to have to give up trying to get in to the office because i'm freezing and I'm not going to get there.

I then spend the rest of the day goofing off and build snowmen with the kids after school.

Ah... snohome days.  Gotta love 'em.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...