By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's sad to see people thinking that because PS3 isn't dominating over 360 it has to be adjusted up. You're not looking at this logically.

Down 15k YoY, with no sudden price cut and new model? That s SPECTACULAR. GT5 isn't as big as those 2 combined, GT5 wasn't the gateway that stopped millions buying a PS3, it's high price was. Now GT5 has given it a nice boost, but to think it's high numbers there should be pulling in tens of thousands of new buyers (more than it is now) is odd, remember, the PS3 has been out 3 and a half years in EMEAA, a LOT of the GT fans will have bought the system. I mean .. we saw a bigger bump for MGS4 .. because it launched close to launch of the PS3.

If GT5 hadn't released this holiday, I imagin it would have got a bigger bump than 360 this week.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:

Yep until it gets adjusted up =D

There is nothing to indicate the Wii will get adjusted up at all.

Stop trolling VGChartz numbers.

4k1x3r said:
Carl2291 said:

Very strange...

Hmm.

Anyway. YoY Comparisons...

DS is DOWN by about 90k
Wii is DOWN by about 57k
PS3 is DOWN by about 15k
360 is UP by about 100k (!)
PSP is DOWN by about  50k
PS2 is actually FLAT!

Yep until it gets adjusted up =D

Broken record.

CGI-Quality said:
tombi123 said:
CGI-Quality said:

At this rate, GT5 will be staring 5 million in the face Jan 1.

It could be as high as 5.5-6M by Jan 1st. inSANE!

I know. If EMEAA continues to have just these tiny percentage drops between now and the 31st, it'll clear 5.5 million with ease. That would mean it could be at 7.5-8 million by the end of 2011, and 10 million by sometime in 2012.

I edited :p 5.5M is possible but 6M is little bit too much me thinks. But yeah, no doubt it could reach 10M lifetime.

CGI-Quality said:
tombi123 said:
CGI-Quality said:

At this rate, GT5 will be staring 5 million in the face Jan 1.

It could be as high as 5.5-6M by Jan 1st. inSANE!

I know. If EMEAA continues to have just these tiny percentage drops between now and the 31st, it'll clear 5.5 million with ease. That would mean it could be at 7.5-8 million by the end of 2011, and 10 million by sometime in 2012.

As happy as that would make me, I can't see GT5 selling another 2m in 2 1/2 weeks. Especially the way it's selling in America.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:

It's sad to see people thinking that because PS3 isn't dominating over 360 it has to be adjusted up. You're not looking at this logically.

Down 15k YoY, with no sudden price cut and new model? That s SPECTACULAR. GT5 isn't as big as those 2 combined, GT5 wasn't the gateway that stopped millions buying a PS3, it's high price was. Now GT5 has given it a nice boost, but to think it's high numbers there should be pulling in tens of thousands of new buyers is odd, remember, the PS3 has been out 3 and a half years in EMEAA, a LOT of the GT fans will have bought the system. I mean .. we saw a bigger bump for MGS4 .. because it launched close to launch of the PS3.

If GT5 hadn't released this holiday, I imagin it would have got a bigger bump than 360 this week.

Some good points. 15k down is practically flat. It's just that the 360 is so massively up YoY, everything else pales in comparison.

I can't speak for the rest of EMEAA, but the X factor final, in each of the final 4 ad breaks for the season, were Kinect ads adveritisng one kinect game per ad. Those ads cost in the region of 250k per 30 seconds ...

MS are laying serious money into advertising, that and of course Kinect IS getting amazing word of mouth.

GT5 is showing some legs !!! It's going to hit 5 Million alone in EMEAA atleast !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

leatherhat said:
Darth Tigris said:

- Wii and PS3 continue to perform RIDICULOUSLY and great respectively.

- 360 is pacing up a higher rate than the PS3.  That's really interesting, all things considered.

- And, as has been mentioned, GT5's week 3 drop off was very impressive.  See Sony!  Releasing a big game during the holidays DOES make a difference.  Well, in initial numbers anyway.

- Kinect is picking up.  Is this due just to the holiday, or word of mouth?  We'll have to see how it continues to trend, but 5 million seems downright EASY for it at this rate.

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
5 111,025 463,185
Sports Champions (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
13 55,669

Is sports champions bundled in EMEAA? 

OT- GT5 is a beast, and seece's avatar reminds me of some delicious videos Ive seen

From my understanding there is no Move bundle, but there is a Starter Pack that includes SC, Eye and a Move controller.  So technically that could be compared to Kinect's stand alone bundle that includes Kinect Adventures.

Reason I posted this comparison, though, is that Kinect Sports ISN'T bundled at all.

EDIT: Sports Champions is not included in the Starter Pack.

???, It's Monday

GT5 Epic 3rd week sales. GT4 did 290k it's 3rd week. 

Kinect must be really boasting the 360.

Uncharted 2 up 10k from last week. 

GOW3 slightly up from last week.

WTF at GTA: SA

Darth Tigris said:
leatherhat said:
Darth Tigris said:

- Wii and PS3 continue to perform RIDICULOUSLY and great respectively.

- 360 is pacing up a higher rate than the PS3.  That's really interesting, all things considered.

- And, as has been mentioned, GT5's week 3 drop off was very impressive.  See Sony!  Releasing a big game during the holidays DOES make a difference.  Well, in initial numbers anyway.

- Kinect is picking up.  Is this due just to the holiday, or word of mouth?  We'll have to see how it continues to trend, but 5 million seems downright EASY for it at this rate.

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
5 111,025 463,185
Sports Champions (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
13 55,669

Is sports champions bundled in EMEAA? 

OT- GT5 is a beast, and seece's avatar reminds me of some delicious videos Ive seen

From my understanding there is no Move bundle, but there is a Starter Pack that includes SC, Eye and a Move controller.  So technically that could be compared to Kinect's stand alone bundle that includes Kinect Adventures.

Reason I posted this comparison, though, is that Kinect Sports ISN'T bundled at all.

Starter pack doesn't include Sports Champions (or any game for that matter) in Europe.