By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Seece said:

Even Bobby Kotick is getting bor .... wtf am I saying!

Oh he will never get boring. We just need to wait for the yearly Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero flops to be able to do it!

Around the Network
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Pavolink said:

We need to troll something new. Wii is starting to get boring, IGN, well, not. That isn´t funy anymore.

I nominate darthdevidem01. Should be an easy target for easy trolling!

Even Bobby Kotick is getting bor .... wtf am I saying!

What about Kevin Butler?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Seece said:
Metallicube said:
Seece said:
Metallicube said:

Ooh, you're trolling the Balance Board! Reported! ;).

Seriously though. And I've believed this from the getgo.. Kinect to me seems like the type of device that will have a few REALLY fun titles, and a WHOLE lot of duds. Now I could be way off base with that assumption, that's just my prediction based off what I've seen from the tech. I'm talking games that use JUST the Kinect, hybrid games could be a different story. But so far, my prediction doesn't seem too far off. I just don't see very many genres working well with that device.

I just don't get why people get so defensive about this add on. Were people ever this defensive about the Balance Board?

There's nothing defensive about it, it's debating trolly points. Nothing wrong with that 0_o

Kinect will get it's fair share of shovelware, but it will come out with gems you can't even imagin, just like the Wii did. You'll only believe this when you see it though, so I'm not gonna bother arguing that point if you disagree.

Well whatever, I just don't see the big deal in what I've said. If people made similar statements about the Wii for isntance, as long as it was backed up and had some reasonable arguments, I may not agree with them, but I certainly wouldn't call them trolling..

I do agree Kinect will have some big sellers. However, one thing it has going against it is it has a small userbase. By releasing a game on the device, you are limiting yourself to the number of users that can buy your game. With the Wii you have an instant base of 80 million users. With the Kinect, not only do you need to own a 360, which itself has a base of 48 million, but out of those 48 million you're talking only a small % who own both the console AND the device.

I think it would have been much smarter for MS if they released the Kinect as an enitrely separate console, but instead it is just an add on, that is fracturing the market of the 360 userbase. And for that reason alone, I don't think we'll be seeing games with Wii-like success, I'm talking 10 million type success. MS will have a hard time selling major numbers with games that aren't bundled like Kinect Adventures.

Yeah well, I don't think 10 million game like success was ever on anyones minds. AND HA @ that guy that just said I was reaching. Look at the bolded!

What Kinect DOES seem to have that Wii doesn't, is 3rd party support en mass. This will help. Dance Central will sell more than Rock Band 3 on 360, giving Harmonix a big incentive to make 2. Kinect Sports will be Rares biggest game this gen, and could reach 1.8-2.0 by the end of this year alone.

Third partys are happy, no, VERY happy to have a 5 million seller on the 360, heck a 3 million seller and a sequel is all but confirmed. The same will aply to Kinect games, and you know why? Because MS won't dominate on Kinect SW.

But now we're going into possibilties on why 3rd partys perfer HD and that's just a big long messy convo.

Err, hate to break it to you, but you know the type of quality third parties give on the Wii? That's about what you should expect on the Kinect. After all, by your own words, the Kinect and Wii are similar, right?

And if those kinds of games could not sell on Wii, which has an 80 million userbase, what makes you think they will do better on Kinect, which has a, what is it.. 6 million userbase?

Blacksaber said:

One of the few times in the year where fans don't bicker with eachother such a nice time.

OT: Very good sales all around.

LOL!

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:

There's nothing defensive about it, it's debating trolly points. Nothing wrong with that 0_o

Kinect will get it's fair share of shovelware, but it will come out with gems you can't even imagin, just like the Wii did. You'll only believe this when you see it though, so I'm not gonna bother arguing that point if you disagree.

So we are allowed to troll on these boards and get away with it...?

Wow you really havn't been here long ...

This place would be more peacful if the answer was no, lets put it that way.

But forums and message boards I'm aware of normally do not condone trolling and the continual encouragement of trolling once that trolling has been initiated.  So if we can continue to discuss Metallicubes's point, then he wasn't trolling as you originally accused him of.  Logical?

No? Where did I say stealth trolling was punishable, people get away with it all the time. "not enough evidence"

Seriously.. If I got banned based on the statements I made in this topic, then it's time for me to find a new site to visit. That would just be absolutely ridiculous.

Around the Network
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:

So we are allowed to troll on these boards and get away with it...?

Wow you really havn't been here long ...

This place would be more peacful if the answer was no, lets put it that way.

But forums and message boards I'm aware of normally do not condone trolling and the continual encouragement of trolling once that trolling has been initiated.  So if we can continue to discuss Metallicubes's point, then he wasn't trolling as you originally accused him of.  Logical?

No? Where did I say stealth trolling was punishable, people get away with it all the time. "not enough evidence"

Stealth trolling is still trolling.  The intent is there regardless of the action.  So it's equally as bad.  If not, it would not have been an issue.  Or maybe the real issue was someone reasonably pointing out a fair comparison between WiiFit and Kinect Adventures.  But then there was this "think next time and don't jump straight into trolling" comment amongst other similar ones.  Nite.

psrock said:

Consoles

Wii, 360, PS3

Addons

Wiifit, Kinect, Move

Games that support these addons

a.

Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinect Advantures ..........There's more

b.

Sports Champions.....there's more

c,

Punch-Out, EA Sports Active, Rock 'N Roll Climber, Nutrition Matters, We Ski & Snowboard....... There's more

Balance board had 3 games that supported it come out in 2010.

35 in total, something Kinect will surpass very soon. What's more is, the vast majority of those will be KINECT only, meaning the game was bought solely for Kinect, 99% of Punch Out sales (assuming here, so shoot me) were bought for Wii, not the balance board.

You're realllllly stretching your argument, nobody is saying Kinect isn't an addon, they're just saying it's going to follow a model closer to a console, like the wii. Something you can denie till your blue in the face but come back in 2012 and you'll have been proved wrong.

Metallicube said:
Seece said:
Metallicube said:

Well whatever, I just don't see the big deal in what I've said. If people made similar statements about the Wii for isntance, as long as it was backed up and had some reasonable arguments, I may not agree with them, but I certainly wouldn't call them trolling..

I do agree Kinect will have some big sellers. However, one thing it has going against it is it has a small userbase. By releasing a game on the device, you are limiting yourself to the number of users that can buy your game. With the Wii you have an instant base of 80 million users. With the Kinect, not only do you need to own a 360, which itself has a base of 48 million, but out of those 48 million you're talking only a small % who own both the console AND the device.

I think it would have been much smarter for MS if they released the Kinect as an enitrely separate console, but instead it is just an add on, that is fracturing the market of the 360 userbase. And for that reason alone, I don't think we'll be seeing games with Wii-like success, I'm talking 10 million type success. MS will have a hard time selling major numbers with games that aren't bundled like Kinect Adventures.

Yeah well, I don't think 10 million game like success was ever on anyones minds. AND HA @ that guy that just said I was reaching. Look at the bolded!

What Kinect DOES seem to have that Wii doesn't, is 3rd party support en mass. This will help. Dance Central will sell more than Rock Band 3 on 360, giving Harmonix a big incentive to make 2. Kinect Sports will be Rares biggest game this gen, and could reach 1.8-2.0 by the end of this year alone.

Third partys are happy, no, VERY happy to have a 5 million seller on the 360, heck a 3 million seller and a sequel is all but confirmed. The same will aply to Kinect games, and you know why? Because MS won't dominate on Kinect SW.

But now we're going into possibilties on why 3rd partys perfer HD and that's just a big long messy convo.

Err, hate to break it to you, but you know the type of quality third parties give on the Wii? That's about what you should expect on the Kinect. After all, by your own words, the Kinect and Wii are similar, right?

And if those kinds of games could not sell on Wii, which has an 80 million userbase, what makes you think they will do better on Kinect, which has a, what is it.. 6 million userbase?

For Kinect only games? Sure. But they're going to incorporate Kinect into the MANY core exisiting franchises, Forza, although 1st party is just the start. So no fear they won't come up with some amazing stuff for Kinect.

LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:

Stealth trolling is still trolling.  The intent is there regardless of the action.  So it's equally as bad.  If not, it would not have been an issue.  Or maybe the real issue was someone reasonably pointing out a fair comparison between WiiFit and Kinect Adventures.  But then there was this "think next time and don't jump straight into trolling" comment amongst other similar ones.  Nite.

Yes I know that??? It's still not bannable here though unless the poster has a history, do keep up.

Metallicube said:

Seriously.. If I got banned based on the statements I made in this topic, then it's time for me to find a new site to visit. That would just be absolutely ridiculous.

Depending on the mod that sees it... You could get unlucky.

I know I've been banned for much, much less.