By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Metallicube said:
psrock said:

They are both addons, right? they both rely on their console and they both support extra software.

Yeah, I also see Kinect more like the Wii Fit/Balance board than the Wii itself, as it is an addon that relies more on full body motion, and relies on a single game to push it (Wii Fit/Kinect Adventures). They are both sort of a one trick pony. People can act like Kinect is a console, but the fact is, in order to own a Kinect, or any of its games, you first need to own an Xbox 360. Much like with the balance board, it is a console add on.

Nice trolling, it's funny how Kinect Adventures isn't even the best game on Kinect.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

Not yet...I'll probably get it after christmas though.

Neat-o!

Another week where the EMEAA loves their mammals!

And good gracious, the EMEAA really hates Raccoons. Poor Sly.

So, these Wii sales must be a mistake.. You see, because many people were saying that Wii would be in trouble this holiday unless it had a price cut. And, it doesn't look to be in trouble to me, far from it.

XD sorry for repeating myself but it bears repeating.

psrock said:
Darth Tigris said:
psrock said:

Why do you keep comparing it to the Wii? Its an addon, it will have as much as an effect as Wiifit. And it's blowing up in one country while doing well in others.

Because its more comparable to the Wii than to WiiFit.  Sure, its an addon but people are buying it because they want Kinect, not because they want Kinect Adventures.  WiiFit was about the game, not the balance board.  Plus Kinect is about multiple games people look to play with it while WiiFit was about that one game.

Kinect has taken reinvigorated 360 redesign sales and boosted them even more.  People are hot for it and this demand isn't going to go away.  As they add more core games and features, they'll even get 360 owners like me to buy it.  But, as the reported bundle sales have shown, it IS growing the userbase in a significant way this season and don't expect that to stop.

As for the country thing, EMEAA sales for this week have it selling more than the 360 and only 30k less than the PS3.  Its not just one country.

Kinect has helped 360 more than Wiifit help the Wii?

Well I never stated that, but I don't remember tons of WiiFit bundles being sold that boosted Wii hardware sales.  I may be wrong, but I don't remember those.  WiiFit was a standalone addon and basically a one-off for that one game.  Kinect is different.  Xbox 360 Kinect is more like if Nintendo had rebranded and re-released the Gamecube with a motion controller and allowed current GC owners to buy the WiiMote as an upgrade.  

Come to think about it, I probably would be a Wii owner if they chose to do that ...

Seece said:
Metallicube said:
psrock said:

They are both addons, right? they both rely on their console and they both support extra software.

Yeah, I also see Kinect more like the Wii Fit/Balance board than the Wii itself, as it is an addon that relies more on full body motion, and relies on a single game to push it (Wii Fit/Kinect Adventures). They are both sort of a one trick pony. People can act like Kinect is a console, but the fact is, in order to own a Kinect, or any of its games, you first need to own an Xbox 360. Much like with the balance board, it is a console add on.

Nice trolling, it's funny how Kinect Adventures isn't even the best game on Kinect.

Pardon me, but I honestly do not see where Metallicube is trolling.

Around the Network

@ atma...

Just so you know. I've been back and checked our data. After 21 Weeks for DQ8 it was mid-April for the game and it sold about 3k.

58 Weeks in and the game sold 8.5k units.

Seece said:
Metallicube said:
psrock said:

Trolling?

Oh that's right, I'm not allowed to say anything slightly negative about a hardware add on. Guess I'd better watch what I say about the Vitality sensor and the balance board too, huh?

Metallicube said:

So, these Wii sales must be a mistake.. You see, because many people were saying that Wii would be in trouble this holiday unless it had a price cut. And, it doesn't look to be in trouble to me, far from it.

XD sorry for repeating myself but it bears repeating.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
Metallicube said:
psrock said:

Pardon me, but I honestly do not see where Metallicube is trolling.

Bolded, you'll come to learn the art of stealth trolling soon, and those who rely on it

Darth Tigris said:
psrock said:
Darth Tigris said:
psrock said:

Why do you keep comparing it to the Wii? Its an addon, it will have as much as an effect as Wiifit. And it's blowing up in one country while doing well in others.

Because its more comparable to the Wii than to WiiFit.  Sure, its an addon but people are buying it because they want Kinect, not because they want Kinect Adventures.  WiiFit was about the game, not the balance board.  Plus Kinect is about multiple games people look to play with it while WiiFit was about that one game.

Kinect has taken reinvigorated 360 redesign sales and boosted them even more.  People are hot for it and this demand isn't going to go away.  As they add more core games and features, they'll even get 360 owners like me to buy it.  But, as the reported bundle sales have shown, it IS growing the userbase in a significant way this season and don't expect that to stop.

As for the country thing, EMEAA sales for this week have it selling more than the 360 and only 30k less than the PS3.  Its not just one country.

Kinect has helped 360 more than Wiifit help the Wii?

Well I never stated that, but I don't remember tons of WiiFit bundles being sold that boosted Wii hardware sales.  I may be wrong, but I don't remember those.  WiiFit was a standalone addon and basically a one-off for that one game.  Kinect is different.  Xbox 360 Kinect is more like if Nintendo had rebranded and re-released the Gamecube with a motion controller and allowed current GC owners to buy the WiiMote as an upgrade.  

Come to think about it, I probably would be a Wii owner if they chose to do that ...

XBOX 360 KINECT?

Wii-fit ?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)