By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

In the grand scheme of things I don't find it remotely hard to believe. When it comes to casuals, this is an evoloution to Wii, it's going to captivate them the same way. It's exactly why its next xmas is going to be bigger than this one, and why 20 mill is a lock on, even if mid year sales die down a tad.

Kinect will be a best seller at christmas for a few years to come yet. When it reachs $99 and then $69... well

Why do you keep comparing it to the Wii? Its an addon, it will have as much as an effect as Wiifit. And it's blowing up in one country while doing well in others.

Comparing it to Wii Fit is stupid, Wii Fit isn't HW that is going to get meaningful price cuts and SW for it ..... as far as casuals go (the people amazed by Wii) Kinect is a CONSOLE. They'll buy the BUNDLE.

The funny thing is the way you describe Kinect sales for next year is the way wiifit sold but wihout a pricecut. Wiifit is even more amazing as it had no software support as it should have had.

Yes Wii Fit was amazing in terms of sales, but it still doesn't mean the 2 can be compared in sales predicting, if they track the same it's for different reasons.

They are both addons, right? they both rely on their console and they both support extra software.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

The funny thing is the way you describe Kinect sales for next year is the way wiifit sold but wihout a pricecut. Wiifit is even more amazing as it had no software support as it should have had.

Yes Wii Fit was amazing in terms of sales, but it still doesn't mean the 2 can be compared in sales predicting, if they track the same it's for different reasons.

They are both addons, right? they both rely on their console and they both support extra software.

You know why they're different psrock, I'm not playing these stupid games with you.

Smeags said:
forest-spirit said:

Epic Mickey's Week 2 numbers has been adjusted up around 20k I think. And this week it almost did as much as Week 1 and 2 combined! It was supposed to be a bomb!

Never underestimate Disney magic!

Have you played the game Mr. Spirit?

Not yet...I'll probably get it after christmas though.

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

In the grand scheme of things I don't find it remotely hard to believe. When it comes to casuals, this is an evoloution to Wii, it's going to captivate them the same way. It's exactly why its next xmas is going to be bigger than this one, and why 20 mill is a lock on, even if mid year sales die down a tad.

Kinect will be a best seller at christmas for a few years to come yet. When it reachs $99 and then $69... well

Why do you keep comparing it to the Wii? Its an addon, it will have as much as an effect as Wiifit. And it's blowing up in one country while doing well in others.

Comparing it to Wii Fit is stupid, Wii Fit isn't HW that is going to get meaningful price cuts and SW for it ..... as far as casuals go (the people amazed by Wii) Kinect is a CONSOLE. They'll buy the BUNDLE.

Yeah, I also see Kinect more like the Wii Fit/Balance board than the Wii itself, as it is an addon that relies more on full body motion, and relies on a single game to push it (Wii Fit/Kinect Adventures). They are both sort of a one trick pony. People can act like Kinect is a console, but the fact is, in order to own a Kinect, or any of its games, you first need to own an Xbox 360. Much like with the balance board, it is a console add on.

Darth Tigris said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

Who'd thunk it psrock?

I am actually quite surprised, but sadly those numbers are bound change as they do each year. Who knows, 360 is probably winning anyway the last few weeks.  It's  hard to believe Kinect is now starting to have an effect. 

Because its more comparable to the Wii than to WiiFit.  Sure, its an addon but people are buying it because they want Kinect, not because they want Kinect Adventures.  WiiFit was about the game, not the balance board.  Plus Kinect is about multiple games people look to play with it while WiiFit was about that one game.

Kinect has taken reinvigorated 360 redesign sales and boosted them even more.  People are hot for it and this demand isn't going to go away.  As they add more core games and features, they'll even get 360 owners like me to buy it.  But, as the reported bundle sales have shown, it IS growing the userbase in a significant way this season and don't expect that to stop.

As for the country thing, EMEAA sales for this week have it selling more than the 360 and only 30k less than the PS3.  Its not just one country.

Kinect has helped 360 more than Wiifit help the Wii?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Metallicube said:
psrock said:

Yeah, I also see Kinect more like the Wii Fit/Balance board than the Wii itself, as it is an addon that relies more on full body motion, and relies on a single game to push it (Wii Fit/Kinect Adventures). They are both sort of a one trick pony. People can act like Kinect is a console, but the fact is, in order to own a Kinect, or any of its games, you first need to own an Xbox 360. Much like with the balance board, it is a console add on.

Thanks for the explanation.

atma998 said:

10k on its 21th week on the chart for a DQ game is quite good.

Selling over 100k on its 2nd week for a GT game is quite poor.

How is that hard to understand?

p.s. I don't care about you're hating.

What did DQ8 sell on its 21st week?

You're wrong. Any game selling over 100k in One region on its second week is not poor. At all.

Once again. I'm not hating. I'm mocking.

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

You know why they're different psrock, I'm not playing these stupid games with you.

one is a camera, the other is a balance board, right?

Next Gen 

psrock said:
Darth Tigris said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

Who'd thunk it psrock?

I am actually quite surprised, but sadly those numbers are bound change as they do each year. Who knows, 360 is probably winning anyway the last few weeks.  It's  hard to believe Kinect is now starting to have an effect. 

Because its more comparable to the Wii than to WiiFit.  Sure, its an addon but people are buying it because they want Kinect, not because they want Kinect Adventures.  WiiFit was about the game, not the balance board.  Plus Kinect is about multiple games people look to play with it while WiiFit was about that one game.

Kinect has taken reinvigorated 360 redesign sales and boosted them even more.  People are hot for it and this demand isn't going to go away.  As they add more core games and features, they'll even get 360 owners like me to buy it.  But, as the reported bundle sales have shown, it IS growing the userbase in a significant way this season and don't expect that to stop.

As for the country thing, EMEAA sales for this week have it selling more than the 360 and only 30k less than the PS3.  Its not just one country.

Kinect has helped 360 more than Wiifit help the Wii?

I think WiiFit helped define what makes the Wii what it is today so it was a big help to the Wii which helped translate to great sales.  Kinect has been out too soon to see where it goes.

stopstopp said:
scat398 said:

360 seems to have gotten back into the game in mainland Europe, Kinect must be starting to take off. 

PS3 continues to dominate the Middle East and Asia market....which I assume must be mostly China.

Wii looking very good for the holidays, excellent job with the bundles.

Doesn't China have a Ban on Home consoles?

I'm thinking as India emerges as a market Playstation will be the main console there.

I have no idea.  But I know the middle east doesn't have the economy to support such high sales of consoles.  India would make sense, any other countries out there that could have the ability to support a console market?