By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jay520 said:
atma998 said:

Like I said my breakdown of GT5 sales for the upcoming years are:

4 million by year's end

2 million for year 2011

750k for 2012 and 400k for 2013 for a grand total of 7.15M LTD. So even if it reach let's say 4.5M by year's end it won't make the game reach 9-10M.

As for Americas and Japan, it is indeed really low numbers that we have seen so far. I mean come on the Japan preview for this week is showing GT5 at only 30k how can you find that not ''poor''?

Here's my prediction

2010: 4.6m. (4.6m). It's going to get near 4m next week. It'll probably end this year at around 4.6mil

2011: 2.6m. (7.2m). Uncharted 2 is going to do nearly 2mil in it's 2nd year (It's currently at 1.5mil). Seeing as how GT is much bigger than Uncharted (espescially when talking legs), It's reasonable to suggest 2.6mil in the second year.

2012: 0.8m. (8.0m)

2013: 0.5m. (8.5m)

It'll die off somewhere between 8 - 9mil I think when It's all said done. It's almost definitely going to be bundled too.

Great analysis. But don't forget that CoD:MW2 which is the best selling PS3 game (and more popular as a franchise) sold 2.7M on 2nd year so it would be very unlikely to see GT5 to reach 2.6M on year 2. Anyway I think it,s now safe to assume it' won't reach 10M like a lot of people predicted unless the game is heavily bundled, of course.

Around the Network
scat398 said:

360 seems to have gotten back into the game in mainland Europe, Kinect must be starting to take off. 

PS3 continues to dominate the Middle East and Asia market....which I assume must be mostly China.

Wii looking very good for the holidays, excellent job with the bundles.

Er...

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Ok so why GT5 is selling poorly in Americas despite all the Kevin Butler Ad then? lol

To answer your question: the game is selling very well in Americas where your ad isnt shown. And like I said your argument still doesnt make the sales less good anyway...

GT5 isn't selling poorly in America. What does that even have to do with Dragon Quest being advertised as a Dressing Up Sim in the UK?

DQIX is selling ~10k a Week in Americas. And you call that great. Yet GT5 sold over 100k the past week and it's selling poorly. Okay. "lol"

My argument wasn't posted to make DQIX sales less good. It was posted to show you why it was selling so good in EMEAA. You obviously didn't like me posting the dressing up sim advert promoting bunny ears in a DQ game.

Seriously???

psrock said:

The 360 might be ahead next week if these numbers continues this way.

Nah, the further we get from GT launch week, the more stabalised PS3 numbers will become (in terms of natural holiday boost) I expect PS3 to get a bigger boost than 360 next week, but not dominate over 360 again this holiday due to Kinect obviously taking off ELSEwhere than America and UK.

Who'd thunk it psrock?

Golden Sun sold less than 12.000 copies in its first PAL week.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Ok so why GT5 is selling poorly in Americas despite all the Kevin Butler Ad then? lol

To answer your question: the game is selling very well in Americas where your ad isnt shown. And like I said your argument still doesnt make the sales less good anyway...

GT5 isn't selling poorly in America. What does that even have to do with Dragon Quest being advertised as a Dressing Up Sim in the UK?

DQIX is selling ~10k a Week in Americas. And you call that great. Yet GT5 sold over 100k the past week and it's selling poorly. Okay. "lol"

My argument wasn't posted to make DQIX sales less good. It was posted to show you why it was selling so good in EMEAA. You obviously didn't like me posting the dressing up sim advert promoting bunny ears in a DQ game.

10k on its 21th week on the chart for a DQ game is quite good.

Selling over 100k on its 2nd week for a GT game is quite poor.

How is that hard to understand?

p.s. I don't care about you're hating.

Seece said:
psrock said:

Nah, the further we get from GT launch week, the more stabalised PS3 numbers will become (in terms of natural holiday boost) I expect PS3 to get a bigger boost than 360 next week, but not dominate over 360 again this holiday due to Kinect obviously taking off ELSEwhere than America and UK.

Who'd thunk it psrock?

I am actually quite surprised, but sadly those numbers are bound change as they do each year. Who knows, 360 is probably winning anyway the last few weeks.  It's  hard to believe Kinect is now starting to have an effect. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Did Wii and 360 get adjusted down?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Seece said:
psrock said:

Who'd thunk it psrock?

thought, no?

We don't know, PS3 is getting some cool promotions in USA recently (70/100$ gift cards).

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

Who'd thunk it psrock?

I am actually quite surprised, but sadly those numbers are bound change as they do each year. Who knows, 360 is probably winning anyway the last few weeks.  It's  hard to believe Kinect is now starting to have an effect. 

In the grand scheme of things I don't find it remotely hard to believe. When it comes to casuals, this is an evoloution to Wii, it's going to captivate them the same way. It's exactly why its next xmas is going to be bigger than this one, and why 20 mill is a lock on, even if mid year sales die down a tad.

Kinect will be a best seller at christmas for a few years to come yet. When it reachs $99 and then $69... well