By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
atma998 said:
iWarMachine said:
LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:

Dragon Quest IX is selling better than games like Forza 3, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3. Incredible!

Expected.  ;)

yeah...no shit, DQIX is on a 80M userbase!

Ok so userbase doesnt matter when we're talking about GT5 but it matters for DQIX?

p.s. DS userbase in EMEAA is 57.6M not 80M.

even worse, i thought we were talking about Wii (i don't know a shit about wii/ds games) of course it'll sell more! it's one of the only games worth it!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Dragon Quest IX is selling better than games like Forza 3, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3. Incredible!

Yeah it really is incredible how Nintendo turned a Dragon Quest game into a Dressing Up Simulator.

Yey Bunny Ears! Ooh lah lahh!

Stop hating Carl, you already posted this video in other threads.  And I bet you didnt even play the game so you clearly doesnt know what you're talking about.

@iWarMachine

You already lost the GT5 maximum prediction for EU.

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well at this rate, 5 million by year's end shouldn't be too hard. If you expect it just to sell 6-7million in it's life, when it would have done most of that in it's first month on the market, then your expectation isn't realistic. Therefore, I'm inclined to be more optimistic.

And it isn't selling "very poorly" in America or Japan. It's just not doing the gangbusters it is in EMEAA (the region where it was always projected to sell it's highest amount).

Like I said my breakdown of GT5 sales for the upcoming years are:

4 million by year's end

2 million for year 2011

750k for 2012 and 400k for 2013 for a grand total of 7.15M LTD. So even if it reach let's say 4.5M by year's end it won't make the game reach 9-10M.

As for Americas and Japan, it is indeed really low numbers that we have seen so far. I mean come on the Japan preview for this week is showing GT5 at only 30k how can you find that not ''poor''?

Let's take a close look at GT5's current sales: 3.44mill. That's with 2 full weeks left of data in 2010. It's also without Japan or America's numbers. It'll probably clear 4 million next week (give or take) and be either just above or right at 5 when the year is over. Remember the Christmas week will probably give it a boost in EMEAA (albeit, a tiny one).

Also, if GT5 is indeed anywhere between 30-40k in Japan, it won't be too far behind GT4 for the same week. You also don't consider the likely possibility of future bundling.

I always said my prediction DOESNT take into account bundling. Also why compared it to GT4? It would be more honest to compared it to GT3 since its the first full GT of the gen like GT3. The same here goes for FFXIII, we have to compare it to FFX not FFXII.

iWarMachine said:
atma998 said:
iWarMachine said:
LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:

Expected.  ;)

yeah...no shit, DQIX is on a 80M userbase!

Ok so userbase doesnt matter when we're talking about GT5 but it matters for DQIX?

p.s. DS userbase in EMEAA is 57.6M not 80M.

even worse, i thought we were talking about Wii (i don't know a shit about wii/ds games) of course it'll sell more! it's one of the only games worth it!

You didnt answer my question...

Around the Network
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well at this rate, 5 million by year's end shouldn't be too hard. If you expect it just to sell 6-7million in it's life, when it would have done most of that in it's first month on the market, then your expectation isn't realistic. Therefore, I'm inclined to be more optimistic.

And it isn't selling "very poorly" in America or Japan. It's just not doing the gangbusters it is in EMEAA (the region where it was always projected to sell it's highest amount).

Like I said my breakdown of GT5 sales for the upcoming years are:

4 million by year's end

2 million for year 2011

750k for 2012 and 400k for 2013 for a grand total of 7.15M LTD. So even if it reach let's say 4.5M by year's end it won't make the game reach 9-10M.

As for Americas and Japan, it is indeed really low numbers that we have seen so far. I mean come on the Japan preview for this week is showing GT5 at only 30k how can you find that not ''poor''?

Let's take a close look at GT5's current sales: 3.44mill. That's with 2 full weeks left of data in 2010. It's also without Japan or America's numbers. It'll probably clear 4 million next week (give or take) and be either just above or right at 5 when the year is over. Remember the Christmas week will probably give it a boost in EMEAA (albeit, a tiny one).

Also, if GT5 is indeed anywhere between 30-40k in Japan, it won't be too far behind GT4 for the same week. You also don't consider the likely possibility of future bundling.

I always said my prediction DOESNT take into account bundling. Also why compared it to GT4? It would be more honest to compared it to GT3 since its the first full GT of the gen like GT3. The same here goes for FFXIII, we have to compare it to FFX not FFXII.

To compare GT5 to GT3 is needed that GT5 will be heavly bundled like GT3.

atma998 said:

This is just a guess, but could it only be 30k as that's all that was left of the initial shipment?

atma998 said:

Stop hating Carl, you already posted this video in other threads.  And I bet you didnt even play the game so you clearly doesnt know what you're talking about.

Mocking and hating are 2 different things.

And I don't need to play DQIX to know that DQ isn't about dressing your character up in bunny ears to look sweet and cool.

There is a reason why DQ IX is selling so well. It's called advertising. And when Nintendo are advertising it as a dressing up simulator on a console that has a huge userbase for that sort of stuff... It will sell a lot.

CGI-Quality said:

Why are you arguing with atma?

You know he won't listen to anything logical you're going to say.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Did someone just compare a DS game to a PS3/360 game?