By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
tombi123 said:

Can we now say that GT5 will sell 9M plus? Yes we can!

Far to soon to tell. Remember these are Holiday sales.  I dont know when the last GT game was released during the Holidays, but GT3 and GT4 werent so there sales were more gradual.   GT5 sales are likely to plumet more than normal come January.  Then will see if GT5 really has legs.  Particularly with PS3 having little with regard to releases in November and December GT5 was certainly the game of choice to give to a PS3 owner.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

Dragon Quest IX is selling better than games like Forza 3, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3. Incredible!

stopstopp said:
LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:
tombi123 said:

No we can't!

YES... WE... CAN!!!

Obama PS3 endorsement?

I'm Libertarian so probably not.  But I do respect the man because he is my leader.

atma998 said:

Dragon Quest IX is selling better than games like Forza 3, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3. Incredible!

Expected.  ;)

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
tombi123 said:

No we can't!

Maybe right now is a tad too early to call it. However, if continues to drop ever so slightly, and ends up 5 mill (plus) by year's end, it has a shot at it. Knowing GT's legs in EMEAA, I think his optimism is forgivable.

Indeed this is great 3rd week for EMEAA but let's be serious for a second, we're only in the 3rd week so we cannot even talk about legs for now... Let's talk about it again in 8-10 weeks. The game is selling great in EMEAA but it's selling very poorly in Americas and Japan on the other hand. Also don't expect GT5 to reach 400k for the next three weeks in EMEAA.

Well at this rate, 5 million by year's end shouldn't be too hard. If you expect it just to sell 6-7million in it's life, when it would have done most of that in it's first month on the market, then your expectation isn't realistic. Therefore, I'm inclined to be more optimistic.

And it isn't selling "very poorly" in America or Japan. It's just not doing the gangbusters it is in EMEAA (the region where it was always projected to sell it's highest amount).

Like I said my breakdown of GT5 sales for the upcoming years are:

4 million by year's end

2 million for year 2011

750k for 2012 and 400k for 2013 for a grand total of 7.15M LTD. So even if it reach let's say 4.5M by year's end it won't make the game reach 9-10M.

As for Americas and Japan, it is indeed really low numbers that we have seen so far. I mean come on the Japan preview for this week is showing GT5 at only 30k how can you find that not ''poor''?

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:

Expected.  ;)

yeah...no shit, DQIX is on a 80M userbase!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:

Expected.  ;)

Really? How come?

iWarMachine said:
LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:

Expected.  ;)

Expected??? Seriously o.O

Userbase? Since when Userbase matters that much....

iWarMachine said:
LivingMetal said:
atma998 said:

Expected.  ;)

Ok so userbase doesnt matter when we're talking about GT5 but it matters for DQIX?

p.s. DS userbase in EMEAA is 57.6M not 80M.

atma998 said:

Yeah it really is incredible how Nintendo turned a Dragon Quest game into a Dressing Up Simulator.

Yey Bunny Ears! Ooh lah lahh!