By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2011's GOTY race to be a very close one!

tolu619 said:
ConnorJCP said:

Exactly, Uncharted 3, if anything like the last, will destroy the competition.

Wait! The other 3 games are from 2006 and Uncharted 2 is from 2009! Not too fair a comparison.

oh sure, Kobe Bryant is not a better basketball player than some random nameless bench sitting NBA dude in 60s because they're from different generations, not too fair a comparison.

Around the Network
iBlah said:
tolu619 said:
ConnorJCP said:

Wait! The other 3 games are from 2006 and Uncharted 2 is from 2009! Not too fair a comparison.

oh sure, Kobe Bryant is not a better basketball player than some random nameless bench sitting NBA dude in 60s because they're from different generations, not too fair a comparison.

You missed the point, he's saying that the games from 2006 took away GOTY awards from each other/

Seece said:

Yeah they'll be pretty evenly split.

If Halo Ce gets remade add that in, the original is the highest rated FPS of all time. Can't go far wrong with that to work with.

i remember half-life having that title

DaHuuuuuudge said:
iBlah said:
tolu619 said:
ConnorJCP said:

You missed the point, he's saying that the games from 2006 took away GOTY awards from each other/

and you're missing the point that a better game IS a better game, regardless when it is released or how many other games are released at the same time. Critically, Uncharted 2 IS the better game of the bunch with 96 metascrore after over 100 reviews, it would have been just as good if it was released in 2006, if a game that is as good as Uncharted 2 was released in 2006, it would just have the same reception as it was in 2009. speak of 2009 competition, what about Batman: AA? one game that wowed everyone, or Modern Warfare 2? the biggest blockbuster release of its time.

iBlah said:
DaHuuuuuudge said:
iBlah said:
tolu619 said:
ConnorJCP said:

and you're missing the point that a better game IS a better game, regardless when it is released or how many other games are released at the same time. Critically, Uncharted 2 IS the better game of the bunch with 96 metascrore after over 100 reviews, it would have been just as good if it was released in 2006, if a game that is as good as Uncharted 2 was released in 2006, it would just have the same reception as it was in 2009. speak of 2009 competition, what about Batman: AA? one game that wowed everyone, or Modern Warfare 2? the biggest blockbuster release of its time.

Actually no, I didn't miss the point. I agree that U2 was the best game of 2009, and U3 could very well be the best game of 2011. He is saying that your point was invalid, because you had three games from 2006 and one from 2009, in order for it to be fair it would have to be one game from each year.

Around the Network
DaHuuuuuudge said:

Actually no, I didn't miss the point. I agree that U2 was the best game of 2009, and U3 could very well be the best game of 2011. He is saying that your point was invalid, because you had three games from 2006 and one from 2009, in order for it to be fair it would have to be one game from each year.

eh?? so now we can't compare games released in different year? then whats with all the GT5/FM3 comparison?? maybe he should start to fix his sig frist, because by this logic OoT is hardly a better game than whatever I'm playing right now, because its not fair/invalid/whatever.

iBlah said:
DaHuuuuuudge said:

eh?? so now we can't compare games released in different year? then whats with all the GT5/FM3 comparison?? maybe he should start to fix his sig frist, because by this logic OoT is hardly a better game than whatever I'm playing right now, because its not fair/invalid/whatever.

I don't know if you are intentionally misreading or not so I will explain.

I never said that you cannot compare games released in different years. I said that the measuring stick that you used -- the amount of GOTY awards, should not have been used as they are different years. Why don't you show that U2's meta is 96, and the highest of the other games on there? That would be a better argument.

oh and just to make it clear, the purpose of my post was not even to compare Uncharted 2 to these games, I was just trying to prove that Uncharted 3 will be a much bigger contenter because of the quality of the last Uncharted game had shown, which I think, is a very valid point.

DaHuuuuuudge said:

I don't know if you are intentionally misreading or not so I will explain.

I never said that you cannot compare games released in different years. I said that the measuring stick that you used -- the amount of GOTY awards, should not have been used as they are different years. Why don't you show that U2's meta is 96, and the highest of the other games on there? That would be a better argument.

see my post above, lets just all shut up and end this silly conversation see what happens next year.

Slimebeast said:

Don't fool yourself. Skyrim is by far the biggest favorite.

Uncharted 3 will come closest quality/review-wise but it will suffer from feeling "more of the same", and it suffers a little from being exclusive.

Mass Effect 3 will get superb reviews and is multiplatform but suffers from an early year release and memory fade.

Meanwhile there's a whole 5.5 years between the last Elder Scrolls (Oblivion who also won Spike's GOTY) and Skyrim.

Actually ME3 most likely won't release until late 2011...and its going to be a damn fine game.