By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the sky jumping Skyward Sword's scene pre-rendered?

Because if it isn't pre-rendered, I invite you to take a good look at the second pic:

At the second pic, I said:

So, look at the ground geometry and details of the Skyloft Jumping Scene on the final part of the debut trailer. You can see the detail better in the left.

The E3 demo build was made for showcasing purposes for E3 2010, it was stated by Miyamoto that the area might be in the final game but completely overhauled.

Skyloft, certainly is one of the key areas of Skyward Sword, thus, it may already be near completion, if not completely... complete.

So, if this scene is not pre-rendered, may this level of detail and polygon count be Skyward Sword's standard graphics instead of those low textures, flat surfaces, rushed for E3 presentation?

Isn't it annoying the fact that that chick is 10x hotter than your gf?

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:

Isn't it annoying the fact that that chick is 10x hotter than your gf?

Poor you, must be hard to have minimum standards

Edit : bah i don't want to make a serious comment.

If that's what the graphics look like all the time...it will abuse Wind Waker in terms of brilliance in the art department.

I hope it isn't constantly blurry/picturesque though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Damn (at the first pic) 

SaviorX said:

If that's what the graphics look like all the time...it will abuse Wind Waker in terms of brilliance in the art department.

I hope it isn't constantly blurry/picturesque though.

It would also make valid the fact that Skyward Sword is meant to push the Wii to its limits.

With that level of detail, I wouldn't bother having this weird look...

Around the Network

there was a second pic?

I think it's real time, just got more attention than the demo areas

well Nintendo usually takes in game graphics and makes cut scenes out of them. in the beginning of the trailer were link draws his sword it looks a lot better than the demo they played as well

edit: just watched the trailer and yes it is in-game as link is the same model as in the game-play 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Pffft the first pic fails just because of the SLB symbol. 

Much, much better

OT - Skyward Sword is set to push Wii's graphics to the limits, so I don't see why that part can't be in-game engine.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Roma said:

well Nintendo usually takes in game graphics and makes cut scenes out of them. in the beginning of the trailer were ling draws his sword it looks a lot better than the demo they played as well

edit: just watched the trailer and yes it is in-game as link is the same model as in the game-play

was there any Zelda with pre-rendered scenes before?

I think not, thats why I came up with this thread... But I'm not sure...