By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Kinect Bundles Outselling Move PS3 Bundles By More Than 5-to-1

TheFogOfWar said:

Pathcher seems to have a serious pro NA product bias. 

that and hes really ignorant. 

How does stating facts have anything to do with bias and ignorance?  This isn't focused on one of his predictions, it's focused on his claims about the sales which is information he probably got from NPD and the other tracking services.

Around the Network

Obviously its because Move bundles cost $399 and Kinect bundles cost $299. Just wait until the Move bundles are $299 because sales will assplode!

Is that how you do it? :-/

Tease.

MrBubbles said:
crissindahouse said:
Mordred11 said:

Kinect doing the way it should considering it's marketing.

Move doing the way it should considering it's marketing.

ENOUGH said.

where do you come from? did you see the move advertisement in europe? adverts every day in every freaking tv break for month now (in germany).

kinect advertising? not only one advert since launch!

maybe in usa its vice versa but in europe sony is doing a lot and microsoft is doing nothing to sell kinect. dont know about uk but in germany its crazy and i dont think move is selling ten times better here but they should if you talk about marketing.

in canada there is lots of move advertising too.   not a whole lot of kinect specific ones but it gets advertising from games like dance central, so its got a fair amount.

There's a whole lot more Kinect ads in Canada than Move ones.  That's for damn sure.

@ OP:  So Microsoft is selling more Kinect bundles in its first month than Sony is selling Move bundles in its third?  No shit Watson. ¬_¬

Hynad said:
MrBubbles said:
crissindahouse said:
Mordred11 said:

ENOUGH said.

where do you come from? did you see the move advertisement in europe? adverts every day in every freaking tv break for month now (in germany).

maybe in usa its vice versa but in europe sony is doing a lot and microsoft is doing nothing to sell kinect. dont know about uk but in germany its crazy and i dont think move is selling ten times better here but they should if you talk about marketing.

in canada there is lots of move advertising too.   not a whole lot of kinect specific ones but it gets advertising from games like dance central, so its got a fair amount.

There's a whole lot more Kinect ads in Canada than Move ones.  That's for damn sure.

@ OP:  So Microsoft is selling more Kinect bundles in its first month than Sony is selling Move bundles in its third?  No shit Watson. ¬_¬

No, MS has sold 5 times more Kinect Bundles in just one month than Sony has sold Move Bundles in 3 months time.  He was comparing totals, not just the month of November.

nightsurge said:
Hynad said:
MrBubbles said:
crissindahouse said:
Mordred11 said:

ENOUGH said.

No, MS has sold 5 times more Kinect Bundles in just one month than Sony has sold Move Bundles in 3 months time.  He was comparing totals, not just the month of November.

Oh really.

"About one fifth of PS3 sales included bundles with Sony's Move controller, suggesting a modest third month.  About half of Xbox 360 sales included bundles with Microsoft's Kinect peripheral, suggesting a strong first month."

Now, pardon my confusion.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
nightsurge said:
Hynad said:
MrBubbles said:
crissindahouse said:
Mordred11 said:

ENOUGH said.

Oh really.

"About one fifth of PS3 sales included bundles with Sony's Move controller, suggesting a modest third month.  About half of Xbox 360 sales included bundles with Microsoft's Kinect peripheral, suggesting a strong first month."

Ok, now I'm really confused.  I am getting lost in two different threads about this, I think.  The other thread/story says 1/3 of PS3 sales were Move bundles...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285151.html

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121029

its fun watching trends in the casual market and betting how long something will remain popular or not.

i think by the end of the year casuals will realise kinect doesnt really have anything to offer.

fps_d0minat0r said:

its fun watching trends in the casual market and betting how long something will remain popular or not.

i think by the end of the year casuals will realise kinect doesnt really have anything to offer.

Welcome to the site...

NOT.

nightsurge said:
Hynad said:
nightsurge said:
Hynad said:
MrBubbles said:
crissindahouse said:
Mordred11 said:

ENOUGH said.

Oh really.

Ok, now I'm really confused.  I am getting lost in two different threads about this, I think.  The other thread/story says 1/3 of PS3 sales were Move bundles...

I think the confusion comes from the claims that one out of three PS3 sold is a Move bundle. And that so far, the Kinect bundle is sold five times for every single PS3 bundle sold.  The 2 ratios were mixed up at some point in the reporting or something.

In any case, Kinect bundles seem to be selling quite well.  While it would seem the Move controller is selling more to existing users than to new users.  A price cut is long overdue for the PS3.  Even if it was just 50$, people might have a harder time choosing between the 2 systems.  

Microsoft is also playing their cards quite well.  If you think about it a bit, the stand alone Kinect peripheral is $149.99 and comes with Kinect Adventures, and the stand alone Arcade console is 199.99.  If you buy both separately, you'll pay $350.  While you can get the actual Kinect bundle for $50 less ($299).  That's value to the consumer's eyes.  

Now take Sony.  Yeah, their ads are awesome, Butler is the best thing to happen to them in a long while as far as marketing is concerned.  But damn are the numbers bad.  Stand alone PS3 is $299.  Move starter pack (Move controller/PS Eye/Sports Champions) is $99.99.  So it costs $400 to get into the Move experience.  How much does the Move bundle cost? $399.99!!  There is just not any kind of added value to taking this route.  In fact, the price makes it completely useless to have a bundle on the market at all. Consumers are not that dumb.  

Sony's bundles should take a route similar to Microsoft.  Which is a bit more aggressive, but is actually working!  At least in America, where the PS3 is totally lost behind the 2 other consoles. 

Hynad said:
nightsurge said:
Hynad said:
nightsurge said:
Hynad said:
MrBubbles said:
crissindahouse said:
Mordred11 said:

ENOUGH said.

Oh really.

I think the confusion comes from the claims that one out of three PS3 sold is a Move bundle. And that so far, the Kinect bundle is sold five times for every single PS3 bundle sold.  The 2 ratios were mixed up at some point in the reporting or something.

In any case, Kinect bundles seem to be selling quite well.  While it would seem the Move controller is selling more to existing users than to new users.  A price cut is long overdue for the PS3.  Even if it was just 50$, people might have a harder time choosing between the 2 systems.  

Microsoft is also playing their cards quite well.  If you think about it a bit, the stand alone Kinect peripheral is $149.99 and comes with Kinect Adventures, and the stand alone Arcade console is 199.99.  If you buy both separately, you'll pay $350.  While you can get the actual Kinect bundle for $50 less ($299).  That's value to the consumer's eyes.  

Now take Sony.  Yeah, their ads are awesome, Butler is the best thing to happen to them in a long while as far as marketing is concerned.  But damn are the numbers bad.  Stand alone PS3 is $299.  Move starter pack (Move controller/PS Eye/Sports Champions) is $99.99.  So it costs $400 to get into the Move experience.  How much does the Move bundle cost? $399.99!!  There is just not any kind of added value to taking this route.  In fact, the price makes it completely useless to have a bundle on the market at all. Consumers are not that dumb.  

Sony's bundles should take a route similar to Microsoft.  Which is a bit more aggressive, but is actually working!  At least in America, where the PS3 is totally lost behind the 2 other consoles. 

I agree, and the fact of the matter is MS can absolutely afford that $50 value with the bundles.  They can actually afford to cut a lot more at this point.  They haven't cut prices since 2008 and yet they have drastically revised their console to reduce costs.

You should check out my thread on it if you'd like
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119878