By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest bomb of the year

Vanquish, Enslaved, maybe Castlevania

Around the Network

Metroid Other M, I expected  more out of it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Final Fantasy XIV is the real massive bomb.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

jarrod said:

The real answer is Blur.  Was hailed as "The COD of racing", had a HUGE (and semi-controversial) advertising campaign, then it sold 30k (combined) it's first NPD and bombed so hard Activision shut down the freshly purchased Bizarre Creations as a result.

Games like GT5 and Epic mickey may have disappointed in certain regions (reverse regions actually, Mickey in Europe, GT everywhere else) but neither is anywhere close to a real "bomb".

Hang on, GT is a flop in no way, Sony have shipped over 5m copies of the game

I'd say Enslaved, Epic Micky, Castlevania, Alan Wake and Vanquish.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
jarrod said:

The real answer is Blur.  Was hailed as "The COD of racing", had a HUGE (and semi-controversial) advertising campaign, then it sold 30k (combined) it's first NPD and bombed so hard Activision shut down the freshly purchased Bizarre Creations as a result.

Games like GT5 and Epic mickey may have disappointed in certain regions (reverse regions actually, Mickey in Europe, GT everywhere else) but neither is anywhere close to a real "bomb".

I don't want to decide if GT is a flop or not, but shipped figures for a game couldn't be an argument here.

There was a game called ET on the amiga (i think), that was a massive flop.

But shipped numbers were great.

Other M 

ninty_shareholder64 said:
Munkeh111 said:
jarrod said:

I don't want to decide if GT is a flop or not, but shipped figures for a game couldn't be an argument here.

It's shipped 5m, that's like $300m in sales, and around $100m minimum for Sony which is the most GT 5 could have even conceivably have cost

Munkeh111 said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:
Munkeh111 said:
jarrod said:

It's shipped 5m, that's like $300m in sales, and around $100m minimum for Sony which is the most GT 5 could have even conceivably have cost

I think all 5m copies will be sold without a question.

But at this point of time, not all 5m are sold (citing a little site called VGC).

sorry for nitpicking!

I am disgusting