By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's sales

Tagged games:

starcraft said:

I will put faith in Naughty Dog because of their brilliant last attempt.

But I warn them now.  Do not in ANY way compromise a brilliant Single Player franchise by over-emphasising multiplayer...

You warn them? That's cute.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
makingmusic476 said:

Actually, I've been wonder if Uncharted 2 can reach Gears levels one day myself.

To compare the game to the original Gears of War, here are their sales at the 10 week and 60th week marks (ie, the week prior to U2's heavy BF bundling):

U2 W10 - 2346k
U2 1Y - 4055k (will be higher once we get NA numbers)

GeoW W10 - 3275k
GeoW 1Y - 4754k

So Gears had a lead of around 930k as of that initial 10 week launch period, but Uncharted 2 managed to sell better over the following year, bringing that lead down to somewhere under 699k (we still need the rest of this weeks numbers).  During its 60th week, Gears sold 47k or so, but that was Christmas week.  We still don't have Uncharted 2's full 60th week figures, but the EMEAA figures alone put it at 38k, so its probably going to be higher than that.  For the same calendar week as Uncharted 2 (week ending December 1st 2007), Gears had only sold 34k worldwide.

So this implies a much stronger opening for Gears, but somewhat better legs for Uncharted 2.

I've always thought the game would die of a bit north of 5 million, but lately I've been thinking it can leg it out to 5.5 million or so.  A bit shy of Gears numbers, but still in that ballpark.

You should compare Gears to Uncharted 1.

Except comparing Gears to Uncharted 1 would give us no idea how well Uncharted 2 might sell?  Such a comparison would be completely pointless in light of the discussion we were having.

Do you even read what you're commenting on before posting?

Compare apples to apples, do you understand that concept?

CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:
makingmusic476 said:

Except comparing Gears to Uncharted 1 would give us no idea how well Uncharted 2 might sell?  Such a comparison would be completely pointless in light of the discussion we were having.

Do you even read what you're commenting on before posting?

Compare apples to apples, do you understand that concept?

Sorry bud, it's you that still doesn't get it. He explained it the best way possible.

Lol,why even bother with such characters?

ElGranCabeza said:
starcraft said:

I will put faith in Naughty Dog because of their brilliant last attempt.

But I warn them now.  Do not in ANY way compromise a brilliant Single Player franchise by over-emphasising multiplayer...

You warn them? That's cute.

Yes, otherwise they will incur the rath of me glaring at my computer screen in anger :P

Actually no, I'll just rent the game :P

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

If Uncharted 3 has split screen then it will outsell Gears 2

Around the Network

Week 1:

1.6 to 2.1 million

Week 10:

3.5 million

Jay520 said:

If Uncharted 3 has split screen then it will outsell Gears 3

Hahahahahahahaha

ElGranCabeza said:
Jay520 said:

If Uncharted 3 has split screen then it will outsell Gears 3

Hahahahahahahaha

Sorry, I meant Gears 2. It may not outsell it, but it should track above it. 

After seeing the premier for Uncharted 3 LOL @ the ones still rooting for sales over quality...not like uncharted 3 wont have good sales anyways so we get both ROFLMAO!

About the same as the last one. lol