By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drake's Deception. All aboard the hype train.

Jay520 said:

You wanna know who's hyped? The guys at N4g.

If you look at the top 12 articles (located at the top), 7 of them are U3 related. SEVEN

can't blame them.... :P it IS the best news EVAH!

btw anyone else digging the name? I LOVE it!!!! it's catchy and interesting

and I still hate everyone for ignoring my glorious moment of discovering the person whose picture was on the table in the trailer

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
ocean-1984 said:
RafaelOrix said:
ocean-1984 said:

Whats that in his hand? 

Seems to be his weapon, to me. Check it out the cover, with the different angle from this screen: http://blog.noctorus.com/wp-content/gallery/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/uncharted-3-cover.jpg

its not the same.

Looks like crowbar or something 

Maybe a new melee weapon to make hand-to-hand combat more EPIC. 

doesn't that look like one of those tools used at digging sites in egypt etc?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:

I agree, but I'm sure some of those will be early-mid 2012 delays, such as Resistance. I mean, would Sony truly be able to get out more than 3 shooters in 2011? It's too stacked, ain't happenin'!

I was thinking that too. but I think R3 could release next year because:

• Sony needs to make ground in America and what's America's favorite genre? Shooters
  • 2012 may have just as many shooters because of Starhawk, Syphon Filter (which I'm confident will release) and maybe AGENT (don't know if it's a shooter).
  • 3 years is more than enough time for Insomniac.
  • SOCOM isn't that big to begin with 
Although if it does release in early 2012, I won't be surprised because their holiday 2011 is fine with ratchet (sept 2011), Uncharted 3 (Oct 2011), TLG (Nov 2011) , and Twisted Metal (Dec 2011). I also think Twisted Metal will release in 2011. I also think TLG will release in 2011 so it can release near the ICO collection. 
After thinking about it, I think it comes down to the release  of TLG and TM. If both release in 2011, then R3 will be delayed. However if one gets delayed, then R3 will take it's place.
I don't know.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:
ocean-1984 said:
RafaelOrix said:
ocean-1984 said:

Whats that in his hand? 

Seems to be his weapon, to me. Check it out the cover, with the different angle from this screen: http://blog.noctorus.com/wp-content/gallery/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/uncharted-3-cover.jpg

its not the same.

Looks like crowbar or something 

Maybe a new melee weapon to make hand-to-hand combat more EPIC. 

doesn't that look like one of those tools used at digging sites in egypt etc?

Idk all I see is the handle

patapon said:
DonFerrari said:
CGI-Quality said:
patapon said:
huaxiong90 said:

Way too stacked...and this is only the PS3!

God bless MS for only having 1 and a half good games in their 2011 lineup. Forget what the sony fanbot army says, Microsoft cares for our wallets.

lol.....complete win!

God bless leting me buy all the awesomeness for 2011. And M$ nice move.

Yes! And god bless shitty jobs, and mortgages and then mugging people for money, and then holding up banks, and then going to prison! Might as well move to the UK where 1 in 10 inmates have a console hooked up. Would be set

BTW, me saying god bless is kind of ironic considering that I'm an "Atheit" as some would disgracefully misspell on the front page.

I'm not religious also... but as M$ is the evil company with demon's pact, so they can do shit OS and everybody love... whe are right that god is blessing their demeanors and saving us from doom...

Nerd Prison FTW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Aldro said:
DonFerrari said:
Aldro said:
DonFerrari said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
gekkokamen said:

The best thing is ND can work without pressure. They don't need (or must) improve over their previous game to make a GREAT game. Seriously, they could just stick to Uncharted 2 standards  and they would be delivering a GOTY-caliber game, and one of the reasons for that is obvious : No game better than Uncharted 2 has released to this day, this generation, yet.

But of course they want to challenge themselves and even after the masterpiece of this generation known as Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, there's plenty of room for improvement and they are confident they can set the bar even higher, deliver even more incredible experiences and maintain their leadership on unparalleled gaming development.

amen 

And if you don't innovate or change, what is the point of making it exactly the same?

New story is enough :D. I agree with the "amen" and first post :D.
I like that he's a bit older. He's had his prime in U2. Lets just hope he can still pull it off but Uncharted 2 is a game never to be forgotten. And besides, he's still not as old as Old Snake -> There could possibly be an Uncharted 4 hell even 5 depending on how long they are set or even prequels. The Uncharted timeline isn't really as important as the MGS one imho.

I just REALLY REALLY hope this won't be the last Uncharted. Does anyone think we'll see Uncharted 4 SOMETIME? PS4 perhaps? Just dont end the franchise please, thanks.

Also at the graphics thing, why can't I find the gameplay of Gears 3 on par with Killzone 3 let alone Killzone 2? Whoever said he doesn't think its that good looking, I honestly agree. And all the fuzz about Gears 2 being good looking, I don't get it...

ANYWAY, IM FKING HYPED OVER UNCHARTED 3! MR G O T Y, IT'S THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLAYSTATION, THE REAL DRAKE, THE LADIES LOVE TO CALL HIM NATHAN, ALL YOU FANBOYS HATIN' SHUT YOUR FKIN MOUTH OR HE'S BALLS YA'LL BE TASTIN!

xDD

Well i bet there will be a 4th in Atlantis, for 2013 (last in PS3), because for PS4 will probably be a new franchise

@dahuman: Owwww UC2 train were pretty good for us =]

I really hope you're right about 2013 but not about PS4 :[

ND don't carry franchise... but I would like them to keep UC as long as it's good (and make it forever)... maybe after the 3rd they  launch a new franchise and 2 years later a new UC, more 2 years the new IP2, them back to UC so with 4 years hiatus we will strive more for it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

patapon said:

Hmmm...

Woooooowwww UC3 will have 2 engines, one for Flash based consoles?

i'm not getting hyped yet. still have a year to go.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I like this picture. It looks like it gives Drake two ways to go making it more open than U2.

Pre ordered already